Old September 10th 08, 08:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default FRITZ OPENING BOOK - HOW DO I TURN IT OFF?!

Have tried to analyse one grandmaster game not quite understanding why
one played sacrificed the exchange. I put Fritz 10 on full analysis
and the game is known up to move 21 as ' book'. However the sac if
within the first 21 moves hence I do no get an analysis of alternative
moves. I have looked at help and it does not show how to turn off
openings book. I could with previous Fritz versions but have never,
until now, needed to do it with the version 10.

thank you
Old September 10th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

keithbc wrote:
Have tried to analyse one grandmaster game not quite understanding why
one played sacrificed the exchange. I put Fritz 10 on full analysis
and the game is known up to move 21 as ' book'. However the sac if
within the first 21 moves hence I do no get an analysis of alternative
moves. I have looked at help and it does not show how to turn off
openings book. I could with previous Fritz versions but have never,
until now, needed to do it with the version 10.

thank you

In the board window, select Edit | Openings Book | Book Options.
Uncheck Use Book.

Regards,
John