Old September 13th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default CrayBlitz

Some months back, somebody in here was talking about CrayBlitz and
complaining about Bob Hyatt and CrayBlitz etc.

I just thought you might want to know that Bob has released the source to
one of the versions of CrayBlitz.

He says it's probably from 1991, which makes it more advanced than the early
days, but not as advanced as the final version. (No singular extensions,
for example.)

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewt..._view=&start=0

It's not running as efficiently as it did on a Cray, since it's having to
emulate vectors, but because of modern processors, it's running faster now
than it did back then.

He says: "I suspect it will be significantly stronger than that. It was
rated 2258 (against humans) on a real cray-1, running under 10K nodes per
second. It runs at over 500K on my laptop, closer to 900K if I use nm=2?