Old September 16th 08, 08:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub Ha Ha Ha, GetClub Ha Ha Ha ...

Today is laughing day for GetClub. HA Ha Ha.

Why? Today game was further improved.

In First Game, Beginner Level beat Jester like Carrots.

Then I tried Baby Level against Jester and the game was a Draw.

Baby Level makes moves in just 2 sec / move and Jester was thinking 3
sec / move.

Actually Baby Level had "Bishop and Knight" ending. Since GetClub do
not know how to win with "Bishop and Knight" It declared a draw.

GetClub was taking less time than Jester and still got strong
position. May be Jester was playing like a fool.

Game Played between sanjay11 and baby at GetClub.com

Jester : (White)
baby: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...157&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Jester ) -- (baby)

1. e2-e4{2} Nb8-c6{0}
2. Nb1-c3{10} e7-e5{0}
3. Ng1-f3{14} Bf8-c5{2}
4. Bf1-b5{10} a7-a6{2}
5. Bb5-c6{10} d7-c6{2}
6. Ke1-g1{10} f7-f6{2}
7. d2-d3{10} a6-a5{4}
8. Bc1-e3{16} Bc5-e3{2}
9. f2-e3{10} Ng8-h6{8}
10. Nf3-e5{10} f6-e5{2}
11. Qd1-h5{10} Ke8-d7{4}
12. Qh5-e5{10} Qd8-e7{4}
13. Qe5-d4{10} Kd7-e8{2}
14. Kg1-h1{12} c6-c5{2}
15. Qd4-d5{10} g7-g6{2}
16. Nc3-b5{16} a5-a4{2}
17. Ra1-e1{14} g6-g5{6}
18. a2-a3{14} Rh8-g8{4}
19. Rf1-f6{12} Rg8-g6{2}
20. Re1-f1{10} Rg6-f6{2}
21. Rf1-f6{10} Qe7-f6{2}
22. Nb5-c7{10} Ke8-e7{2}
23. Qd5-c5{10} Ke7-d8{2}
24. h2-h3{10} b7-b6{2}
25. Qc5-d5{10} Kd8-c7{2}
26. Qd5-a8{10} Qf6-b2{2}
27. Qa8-a4{16} Qb2-c1{2}
28. Kh1-h2{6} Qc1-e3{2}
29. Qa4-c4{12} Qe3-c5{2}
30. Qc4-c5{14} b6-c5{2}
31. Kh2-g3{10} Kc7-d6{2}
32. Kg3-f2{10} Bc8-d7{4}
33. c2-c3{12} Nh6-f7{6}
34. d3-d4{14} c5-d4{2}
35. c3-d4{8} h7-h5{2}
36. Kf2-e3{10} h5-h4{2}
37. Ke3-f3{10} Nf7-h6{4}
38. Kf3-e3{10} Bd7-b5{8}
39. Ke3-f3{10} Nh6-f7{2}
40. g2-g3{14} h4-g3{2}
41. Kf3-g3{8} Bb5-d7{2}
42. h3-h4{10} g5-h4{2}
43. Kg3-h2{10} Nf7-d8{2}
44. Kh2-g2{10} Nd8-e6{4}
45. Kg2-h3{12} Ne6-g5{2}
46. Kh3-h4{10} Ng5-e4{2}
47. Kh4-h5{8} Kd6-d5{4}
48. Kh5-g6{10} Kd5-d4{2}
49. a3-a4{8} Bd7-e8{2}
50. Kg6-g7{8} Be8-a4{6}
Jester : (White)
baby: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...157&game=Chess

Since the above game is played by Baby Level which makes move in just
2 sec. You may find lots of mistakes in Baby Level game.

So you see how strongly even the Baby level played against Jester.

So now, Taylor Kingston and Help Bot will find GetClub much stronger
than ever.

And even GetClub Beginner Level will be very difficult to win.

With this improvement New Ratings for GetClub

Beginner: 2250+
Easy: 2350+
Normal: 2450+

Bye
Sanny

Old September 16th 08, 10:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
ave ave is offline

Beginner Level beat Jester like Carrots.

Disregarding the rest of the post. You always post this and I always read it
and think...

"What does it mean???????"

I mean, the sentence makes no sense. I think I know what you're trying to
say but the statement doesn't say it and it's just nonsense. Please stop
saying this cause it's doing my head in as it makes no sense .

ave

Old September 16th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

[Obnoxious cross-post trimmed.]

In article ,
Sanny wrote:
Today is laughing day for GetClub. HA Ha Ha.

Why? Today game was further improved.

In First Game, Beginner Level beat Jester like Carrots.

Then I tried Baby Level against Jester and the game was a Draw.

There's something wrong with your testing setup. I don't believe that
Jester would play so badly -- it's a pretty decent engine. Most
likely, it was starved of resources by the getclub engine running on
the same machine.

With this improvement New Ratings for GetClub

Beginner: 2250+
Easy: 2350+
Normal: 2450+

As you say in your subject line, `Ha Ha Ha'.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Portable Old-Fashioned Dish (TM):
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ it's like a fine ceramic dish but it's
Old September 16th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Sep 16, 3:40*am, Sanny wrote:

With this improvement New Ratings for GetClub

Beginner: 2250+
Easy: 2350+
Normal: 2450+

In that case, we need more levels added to the
bottom end; we need a bacterium level, an amoeba
level, a paramecium level, and maybe an algae
level to fill in the gap between us and "Baby" level.
Thanks!

-- help bot

Old September 16th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny;

With this improvement New Ratings for GetClub

Beginner: 2250+
Easy: 2350+
Normal: 2450+

Then why can't GC solve at least 90% of the Win-At-Chess in under 30
seconds?

Most programs that are about that strength can do it in quite a bit less
than 30 seconds.

And it's certainly not because yours is in Java. If your program really has
that rating, then it really has that rating and ability, regardless of the
language its written with.

It should also get all mate's with depths of 10 or less even on the beginner
level. True, it's a "beginner" level, but if it's really rated at 2250,
then it has to be strong enough to get all mates to at least 10.

You should also be getting at least 12 of those Bratko-Kopec tests I posted,
using the time scoring method I said before.

Hear are some examples from an 1989 paper. These are from the 6th world
computer chess championshop in 1989.

Awit-1983 = 16
CrayBlitz = 20
Deep Thought=17
HiTech=16
Mephisto=18
Rebel=18

It should be noted that:

1) Your P4 is vastly more powerful than the hardware they ran on way back
then.

2) The Awit-1983 is the *selective search* program Awit from 1983. Yes, I
said selective search. It doesn't even look at all the moves.

3) That if your program really does have the strength you claim, it should
be able to smash their test results.

No, I don't expect you to report results. Doing so would show you are lying
about the ratings you post.

And it's certainly not because you don't know better, because we've told you
too many times how to get real ratings and how to even *estimate* real
ratings.

But you prefer your flawed way better because it sounds better.

Old September 16th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On 16 Set, 09:40, Sanny wrote:

Beginner: 2250+
Easy: 2350+
Normal: 2450+

This must be real fun, let me try it myself :

Beginner : 2350 +
Easy : 2450 +
Normal : 2600 +
Alessandro J. : 2650 +

Yes, I feel a lot better now, try it yourselves !

Old September 17th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:46:01 +0100, "ave"
wrote:

Beginner Level beat Jester like Carrots.

Disregarding the rest of the post. You always post this and I always read it
and think...

"What does it mean???????"

I mean, the sentence makes no sense. I think I know what you're trying to
say but the statement doesn't say it and it's just nonsense. Please stop
saying this cause it's doing my head in as it makes no sense .

ave

Maybe Carrots is a red-headed bouncer at his local club.

Old September 17th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 00:40:35 -0700 (PDT), Sanny
wrote:

Beginner: 2250+

2250+ my ass. Don't you ever get tired of lying? Is all attention
good attention for you?

Here's the most recent game Tony's Chess played against GetClub. My
program is participating in ChessWar XIII (484 engines in this year's
tournament). There it is rated around 1500 and ranks about #400 or
so, so it's a weak program. Real 2250+ programs crush Tony's Chess,
whereas fake 2250+ ones have a 2 win/8 loss record against it. Note
that one of GetClub's 2 wins was due to me stupidly playing Tony's
Chess and GetClub on the same machine, and allowing GetClub to starve
my program of CPU.

My program played at 40/5, and took much less time on average per move
than GetClub did.

[Event "Computer Schach Partie"]
[Site "Vancouver"]
[Date "2008.09.16"]
[Round "?"]
[White "GetClub"]
[Black "Tony's Chess 0.01"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "D00"]
[Opening "Queen's Pawn Game"]
[Time "18:31:18"]
[TimeControl "40/300:40/300:300"]
[Termination "normal"]
[PlyCount "82"]
[WhiteType "program"]
[BlackType "program"]

1. d4 d5 2. h4 Qd6 3. g3 Bf5 4. c3 Nd7 5. Bh3 Bxh3
6. Nxh3 Ngf6 7. e3 e5 8. Ng5 h6 9. Nh3 g5 10. hxg5 hxg5
11. f4 gxf4 12. gxf4 exf4 13. Qe2 O-O-O 14. Nf2 Rxh1+
15. Nxh1 Re8 16. Na3 Qe6 17. b4 fxe3 18. Bb2 Ng4
19. O-O-O f5 20. Re1 f4 21. Qf3 Bh6 22. Nc2 Bg5 23. Kb1 b5
24. a3 Ndf6 25. Qe2 a6 26. Ba1 Qe4 27. Rf1 Rh8 28. Qe1 e2
29. Rg1 Bh4 30. Qc1 e1=Q 31. Rxe1 Bxe1 32. Nf2 Bxf2
33. Ka2 Rh1 34. Qb2 Rh2 35. Kb3 Qd3 36. a4 bxa4+
37. Kxa4 Bg3 38. Qb3 Rxc2 39. Qb1 Ne4 40. Ka3 Rxc3+
41. Bxc3 Qxb1 0-1

I'm tired of drawing attention to this annoying program written by an
annoying man, so this will be the last time I play there, or bring up
the topic of GetClub on Usenet.
Old September 17th 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Sep 16, 12:40 am, Sanny wrote:

Today is laughing day for GetClub. HA Ha Ha.

Why? Today game was further improved.

Ha Ha Ha.

Wlod
Old September 17th 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Why? Today game was further improved.
In First Game, Beginner Level beat Jester like Carrots.
Then I tried Baby Level against Jester and the game was a Draw.

There's something wrong with your testing setup. *I don't believe that
Jester would play so badly -- it's a pretty decent engine. *Most
likely, it was starved of resources by the getclub engine running on
the same machine.

Baby Level do not think in opponents time. Still Baby level won drew
the game. And Beginner Level thinks in opponents time and win the
game.

In a latter game I found Jester win in 88 moves. Earlier Jester used
to win in 40-50 moves.

Bye
Sanny