Old September 20th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default My Best Games of Chess 1908-1923 by Alekhine has just been reprinted

Ishi Press is proud to announce the reprinting of My Best Games of
Chess 1908-1923 by Alexander Alekhine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891315

This edition includes a new introduction by Jerry Hanken.

Although this book has been reprinted many times, this edition has
larger, clearer and easier to read fonts.

This is the book that every chess master and grandmaster has read and
studied and every aspiring chess master should be reading.

The author, a World Chess Champion, clearly explains the most complex
and difficult concepts.

Grandmaster Reuben Fine wrote that Alekhine's collection of best games
was one of the three most beautiful that he knew.

World Champion Garry Kasparov wrote, “Alexander Alekhine is the first
luminary among the others who are still having the greatest influence
on me. I like his universality, his approach to the game, his chess
ideas. I am sure that the future belongs to Alekhine chess.”

Bobby Fischer wrote, “He had great imagination. He could see more
deeply into a situation than any other player in chess history. It was
in the most complicated positions that Alekhine found his grandest
concepts.”

Chess Journalist Jerry Hanken writes, “This book played a large part
in my ultimate development as a Chess Master. The study of this book
added nearly 400 points to my rating. The World Champion has more than
a mere game collection here. There are superb insights into all
aspects of the game. The Great Master uses a very practical set of
ways to start the game and he explains them lucidly.”

ISBN 0-923891-49-8
Old September 21st 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Sep 20, 2:02*pm, samsloan wrote:
Ishi Press is proud to announce the reprinting of My Best Games of
Chess 1908-1923 by Alexander Alekhine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891315

This link does not lead to any Alekhine book, but to "Not Guilty
Report of the Commission of Inquiry into the Charges Made Against Leon
Trotsky in the Moscow Trials."

This edition includes a new introduction by Jerry Hanken.

Although this book has been reprinted many times, this edition has
larger, clearer and easier to read fonts.

Is it still in the old descriptive notation? Unless it's been
translated to algebraic, your edition is not likely to appeal to
today's chess public.

Old September 21st 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Sep 21, 10:17*am, Taylor Kingston wrote:
On Sep 20, 2:02*pm, samsloan wrote:

Ishi Press is proud to announce the reprinting of My Best Games of
Chess 1908-1923 by Alexander Alekhine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891315

* This link does not lead to any Alekhine book, but to "Not Guilty
Report of the Commission of Inquiry into the Charges Made Against Leon
Trotsky in the Moscow Trials."

This edition includes a new introduction by Jerry Hanken.

Although this book has been reprinted many times, this edition has
larger, clearer and easier to read fonts.

* Is it still in the old descriptive notation? Unless it's been
translated to algebraic, your edition is not likely to appeal to
today's chess public.

Yes. I know and it is truly terrible that today's young chess masters
are too stupid to learn how to read algebraic chess notation.

When I was a little boy, I learned that one plus one equals two.

Now, our youth needs a hand-held calculator to figure that out.

Old September 21st 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Sep 21, 10:25*am, samsloan wrote:
On Sep 21, 10:17*am, Taylor Kingston wrote:

On Sep 20, 2:02*pm, samsloan wrote:

Ishi Press is proud to announce the reprinting of My Best Games of
Chess 1908-1923 by Alexander Alekhine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891315

* This link does not lead to any Alekhine book, but to "Not Guilty
Report of the Commission of Inquiry into the Charges Made Against Leon
Trotsky in the Moscow Trials."

This edition includes a new introduction by Jerry Hanken.

Although this book has been reprinted many times, this edition has
larger, clearer and easier to read fonts.

* Is it still in the old descriptive notation? Unless it's been
translated to algebraic, your edition is not likely to appeal to
today's chess public.

Yes. I know and it is truly terrible that today's young chess masters
are too stupid to learn how to read algebraic chess notation.

They can't read algebraic either? One wonders then how they ever got
a master title.

When I was a little boy, I learned that one plus one equals two.

Now, our youth needs a hand-held calculator to figure that out.

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

Old September 22nd 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Sep 21, 7:25 am, samsloan wrote:

On Sep 21, 10:17 am, Taylor Kingston wrote:

Is it still in the old descriptive notation?

When I was a little boy, I learned that
one plus one equals two.

And now that you are an old fart
you are deaf or something:

Is Ishi Press reprint of Alechine's "My ..."
in the descriptive notation (then type:
"Ishi Press reprint of Alechine's 'My ...'
is in the descriptive notation"); or is it
in algebraic (then type: "Ishi Press reprint
of Alechine's 'My ...' is in the descriptive
notation").

Do you hear me??!!!! Do YOU HEAR ME ???!!!!!!!

Uph!,

Wlod

Old September 22nd 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

The problem is my mistake.

My Best Games of Chess 1908-1923 by Alekhine is he

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891498

It is in descriptive, the language our promising young chess masters
are too stupid to learn how to read.

Old September 22nd 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Sep 21, 8:12 pm, "Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)"
wrote:

Is Ishi ... in the descriptive notation
(then type: " ... in the **descriptive**);
or is it in algebraic (then type: in the
**descriptive** ...)

To which Sam responded "in **descriptive**"

:-)

Wlod
Old September 22nd 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
Ishi Press is proud to announce the reprinting of My Best Games of
Chess 1908-1923 by Alexander Alekhine.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891315

This edition includes a new introduction by Jerry Hanken.

Is there an update on "The Streak"?

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170