Old September 23rd 08, 04:08 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush,rec.games.chess.politics,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Wall Street Bail Out Scam

I have received more calls about the Wall Street Bail Out Scam in the
last 24 hours than about anything else that has happened in the past
few years.

Without being enough of an expert to understand what has caused the
collapse of major Wall Street firms and, as a result Henry Paulson,
Secretary of the Treasury, is asking Congress for a "blank check" to
save the failing firms and the reputation of the Bush Administration,
one can see obvious causes.

1. Bush has had a record high budget deficit every year that he has
been in office. The current year has a record-high budget deficit of
$482 billion. The Bush administration has been telling us that these
deficits do not matter as rapid growth will erase them.

2. Everybody has been refinancing their houses at the exceptionally
low interest rates being offered. Essentially, home owners were
offered free money which many of them took. Now, they are in danger of
losing their houses in which many of them have lived their entire
lives. This is why both McCain and Obama are telling us that that we
have to save these people from being evicted from their homes by
writing a blank check to Mr. Paulson.

I give one example from my own experience. In 1999 I lived for one
year in a house at One Campus Place in Cypress Hills, Brooklyn New
York. That house was for sale for $85,000 and every prospective buyer
said that that was too much.

Finally, the house was sold and I moved out.

Now, only 8 years later, that same house is for sale for $450,000, an
increase of five times.

Obviously the buyer (who was a family of 15 people all from the
Dominican Republic) has refinanced the house and taken the free money.
Now, they want Henry Paulson and his "blank check" to come and save
them from being evicted.

Is it right that our taxpayer dollars are to be used to save these
people?

Old September 23rd 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Some of the people i work with refinanced their homes too because they
have equity ..They THINK that is their money , NO it is only their
money when the SELL their house....They have to pay that money back and
they just get farther in debt.
I have a house and i only owe around 32,000 $ on it , i try and pay
it off as fast as i can because i do not care about the tax break i just
want to get out from under the monthly mortgage ..
My house is worth over 200,000 $ and people have told me to refinace
it but no way do i want to go that far in debt again ...

Now my taxes will have to go to bail out the people who do things the
wrong way .....

They should let people lose their houses and the markett will correct

Old September 23rd 08, 08:17 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush,rec.games.chess.politics,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.computer

On Sep 23, 11:08*am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

people? -Sam Sloan

No, of course not. We should let the country go into depression.

Old September 23rd 08, 08:25 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush,rec.games.chess.politics,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.computer

On Sep 23, 3:17*pm, none wrote:
[...]

Yes, and so those poor folks will have to live in the apartments that
we now occupy, and we will get to live in the houses that they
presently occupy.

Old September 24th 08, 01:42 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush,rec.games.chess.politics,nyc.politics,rec.games.chess.computer

On Sep 23, 3:25*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Sep 23, 3:17*pm, none wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

--Yes, and so those poor folks will have to live in the apartments
that
we now occupy, and we will get to live in the houses that they
presently occupy.

Nonsense...you'll be living on the streets.