Old September 24th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Is Fritz 11 worth purchasing?

I have Fritz 8, considering upgrading to Fritz 11... but is it worth
it?

I've heard that the new Fritz has a Calculation Trainer that is very
useful, and also a new Tactics Server that trains you... Do these
features make it worth upgrading? Have they added any new features?

Also, have they expanded the Opening Trainer to include more
variations, or are we still forced to modify the openings.cbh file
ourself?

Thanks...

Borat

Old September 26th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Borat wrote:
I have Fritz 8, considering upgrading to Fritz 11... but is it worth
it?

Yes. It will of course beat you just like 8 can beat you, but the
features will help you better discover the truth and explore the game.

You can actually do better if you buy the Rybka engine from Chessbase,
you get the features and a MUCH stronger engine. You can upgrade NEXT
year to a stronger Fritz, and you will still have Rybka 3.

And you will have been able to play on Playchess for the year.
Old September 30th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:46:10 -0700, johnny_t
wrote:

Borat wrote:
I have Fritz 8, considering upgrading to Fritz 11... but is it worth
it?

Yes. It will of course beat you just like 8 can beat you, but the
features will help you better discover the truth and explore the game.

You can actually do better if you buy the Rybka engine from Chessbase,
you get the features and a MUCH stronger engine. You can upgrade NEXT
year to a stronger Fritz, and you will still have Rybka 3.

And you will have been able to play on Playchess for the year.

Which features specifically are worth upgrading for?