Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old September 26th 08, 08:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable

Since few of you have had the opportunity to read it, here is the 18
page lawsuit that Susan Polgar filed against the USCF in the District
Court of Lubbock, Texas.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14849350...-complaint.pdf

Sam Sloan
  #2   Report Post  
Old September 26th 08, 09:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable

On Sep 26, 3:50*am, samsloan wrote:
Since few of you have had the opportunity to read it, here is the 18
page lawsuit that Susan Polgar filed against the USCF in the District
Court of Lubbock, Texas.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14849350...-complaint.pdf

Sam Sloan


Readers of this group will notice how far away the allegations of this
complaint are from reality. Then you will understand why I said in my
answer and counterclaim, "Plaintiff Susan Polgar is showing signs and
symptoms of chronic and delusional psychosis and paranoia because she
keeps making claims about herself that have little or no basis in fact
or are exaggerations or embellishments of the truth".

There is almost a complete disconnect between what Polgar says about
herself in this complaint and reality.

Sam Sloan
  #3   Report Post  
Old September 26th 08, 09:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 9,302
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable

On Sep 26, 4:11*am, samsloan wrote:

Since few of you have had the opportunity to read it, here is the 18
page lawsuit that Susan Polgar filed against the USCF in the District
Court of Lubbock, Texas.



Oh boy! I've always wanted to wade through
reams and reams of oddly-worded legal mumbo
jumbo, and now at long last, I can.


Readers of this group will notice how far away the allegations of this
complaint are from reality. Then you will understand why I said in my
answer and counterclaim, "Plaintiff Susan Polgar is showing signs and
symptoms of chronic and delusional psychosis and paranoia



I am reminded of an old movie called, um,
called The Caine Mutiny, in which an amateur
psychoanalyst instigates a mutiny; but when
cross-examined he is unable to define such
technical terms as "psychosis", "neurosis"
and so forth; he leaves the witness stand
quite embarrassed, then insists he never
even heard of the U.S. Navy, but was captur-
ed and held prisoner against his will; claimed
he was a tree frog, and the crew was plan-
ning to eat him, covered with strawberries.


because she
keeps making claims about herself that have little or no basis in fact
or are exaggerations or embellishments of the truth".

There is almost a complete disconnect between what Polgar says about
herself in this complaint and reality.



Indeed, this fact may be obscured by the
problem that Mr. Sloan, too, has hung up
the reality phone.

I expect a better approach would be to try,
I say TRY and appear sane, while allowing
Ms. Polgar to reveal her psychological
problems in her own way. With TWO
loonies, the outcome is quite unpredictable.


-- doc bot






  #4   Report Post  
Old September 26th 08, 11:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,224
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable

samsloan wrote:
Since few of you have had the opportunity to read it, here is the 18
page lawsuit that Susan Polgar filed against the USCF in the District
Court of Lubbock, Texas.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14849350...-complaint.pdf

Sam Sloan

Polgar filed her complaint in Texas state court. It was removed to
Federal court.
  #5   Report Post  
Old September 26th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable

On Sep 26, 4:28*am, help bot wrote:

I am reminded of an old movie called The Caine Mutiny, in which an
amateur psychoanalyst instigates a mutiny; but when cross-examined he
is unable to define such technical terms as "psychosis", "neurosis"
and so forth; he leaves the witness stand quite embarrassed, then
insists he never even heard of the U.S. Navy, but was captured and
held prisoner against his will; claimed he was a tree frog, and the
crew was planning to eat him, covered with strawberries.

* -- doc bot


She is not nearly as bad as Captain Queeg in "The Caine Mutiny" but
she is still bad. Take a look at page 10 of her complaint, where she
says that she "became the first chairman of the federation" because of
the "nationwide showing of support by USCF members".

What really happened is that the same board members that she is suing
here now gave her the honorary title of "Chairman of the USCF",
because she said that with this title she would go out and raise funds
for the USCF. When, after several months, she had not raised any of
the promised funds and had actually tried to use that title to divert
funds away from the USCF and into her own "Susan Polgar Foundation",
plus in Mexico City in September 2007 she had asked FIDE officials to
remove the USCF as the official representative of the United States of
America and to replace it with her "Susan Polgar Foundation", the
board took that title of "Chairman of the USCF" away from her.

In short, the same people who gave her the title took it away, due to
her poor performance.

I wonder what her lawyer will do when he finally realizes that his
client is just a nut.

Sam Sloan


  #6   Report Post  
Old September 26th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2008
Posts: 169
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable


"samsloan" wrote in message
...


She is not nearly as bad as Captain Queeg in "The Caine Mutiny" but
she is still bad.

=====

You're not particularly swift on the uptake, are you.



=====


I wonder what her lawyer will do when he finally realizes that his
client is just a nut.

=====

Depends. If she's schizophrenic, I'd probably double bill her.



  #7   Report Post  
Old September 27th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 9,302
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable

On Sep 26, 8:18*am, samsloan wrote:

*I am reminded of an old movie called The Caine Mutiny, in which an
amateur psychoanalyst instigates a mutiny; but when cross-examined he
is unable to define such technical terms as "psychosis", "neurosis"
and so forth; he leaves the witness stand quite embarrassed, then
insists he never even heard of the U.S. Navy, but was captured and
held prisoner against his will; claimed he was a tree frog, and the
crew was planning to eat him, covered with strawberries.


She is not nearly as bad as Captain Queeg in "The Caine Mutiny" but
she is still bad. Take a look at page 10 of her complaint, where she
says that she "became the first chairman of the federation" because of
the "nationwide showing of support by USCF members".



That isn't necessary; anyone who has taken
even a brief glance at the SP Web site will
immediately be struck by the profound lack of
rationality of its creator(s), by the striking
fact that Ms. Polgar has attempted to take
credit herself for the many accomplishments
of countless other players.

While other demented folks may see this as
over-marketing or as one of them put it, mere
"hyperbole", the psychological /need/ to thieve
in such a way reveals a good deal about the
fundamental lack of honesty and rationality of
the culprit(s) involved.


What really happened is that the same board members that she is suing
here now gave her the honorary title of "Chairman of the USCF",
because she said that with this title she would go out and raise funds
for the USCF.



I'm wondering how they could have been so
stupid as this.


When, after several months, she had not raised any of
the promised funds and had actually tried to use that title to divert
funds away from the USCF and into her own "Susan Polgar Foundation",
plus in Mexico City in September 2007 she had asked FIDE officials to
remove the USCF as the official representative of the United States of
America and to replace it with her "Susan Polgar Foundation", the
board took that title of "Chairman of the USCF" away from her.



I must say that I am disappointed in BG, the
ipso facto dictator of the USCF board. Why
didn't he see this coming? (The others I can
excuse, as they are mere dregs, who vote as
they are told to.)


In short, the same people who gave her the title took it away, due to
her poor performance.



Poor performance would simply amount to
not raising much if any funds. Using the
gifted title to undermine the USCF goes way
beyond "poor performance".


I wonder what her lawyer will do when he finally realizes that his
client is just a nut.



She probably won't even care; lawyers are
all about making money. Q: Okay, you are
stuck in an elevator with a tiger, a bear, and
a crockodile and a lawyer; you have a gun,
loaded with three bullets. What do you do?

A: Shoot the lawyer three times, throw him
to the croc, then while the bear and tiger go
at one another, climb your way out through
the ceiling. Save the gun-- you never know
when you may have to use the elevator
again.


-- help bot

  #8   Report Post  
Old October 1st 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable

On Sep 26, 4:28*am, help bot wrote:

* I am reminded of an old movie called, um,
called TheCaineMutiny, in which an amateur
psychoanalyst instigates amutiny; but when
cross-examined he is unable to define such
technical terms as "psychosis", "neurosis"
and so forth; he leaves the witness stand
quite embarrassed, then insists he never
even heard of the U.S. Navy,

* -- doc bot


I was wondering about this, so I went out and bought the video of "The
Caine Mutiny" and played it twice last night.

You are referring to the role played by Fred MacMurray, who is the
first to realize that Captain Queeg is paranoid but then, after the
mutiny that saves the ship, when called to testify, cracks and cannot
remember, thus nearly causing the mutineers to be convicted.

Of course, Susan Polgar is not nearly as bad as Captain Queeg.
However, I can see wh you brought this up. If you take a look at her
Blog at http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/ and then scroll down the
right hand side where she lists her supposed accomplishments, you will
see so many falsehoods that one has to wonder if she is not really
delusional or clinically psychotic. Here are a few examples:

"Winner of 4 Women’s World Championships"

Of course, this is not true. She only won it once.

"The only World Champion in history to win the Triple-Crown (Rapid,
Blitz and Classical World Championships)"

Not true either. There is no such thing as the "Triple Crown" in chess
nor is there any such thing as the rapid and blitz world
championships.

"Was the First Woman to Earn the Men’s Grandmaster title (1991)
through traditional FIDE requirements"

Not true. Nona Gaprindashvili was the first.

"Currently ranked #1 in the United States"

Not true. Irina Krush is ranked #1 in the US.

"Award-winning and best-selling chess author in numerous languages"

False on all four points. The only awards she has won are those she
gives herself, I do not believe that she is a best-seller, she did not
write the books herself and they are only in English.

"a true role model to millions of young people worldwide"

This however is true. There are lots of young plagiarizers and
falsifiers all around the world.

What makes this so strange is she has some solid real accomplishments.
She really did win the US Open Blitz Championship three times. She
played all 14 games in the 2004 World Chess Olympiad, the only player,
either male or female in the entire Olympiad to do that. (I checked
this.) She probably does hold four world records for a simultaneous
chess exhibition. She has a lot of practice and experience in doing
this, because when she was a tiny little girl, she made her living and
supported her entire family of five, mother, father and two sisters,
by giving simultaneous chess exhibitions. She never went to school but
was required to study chess 10 hours a day from the time she was four
years old until she reached adulthood. This was because her mother and
father quit their jobs to train her. Since they were unemployed, she
had to keep winning cash prizes to support her parents. The pressure
on the tiny tot to keep winning money in chess tournaments so that her
parents could eat was enormous. I saw her father get angry once and
blow his top when she only drew and did not defeat a player rated 100
points below her, so I know the pressures she was under.

I keep wondering why she does not just write about her real
accomplishments and leave out the fake once. Why does she write that
she won the Woman's World Championship four times when she only won it
once and that is just as good?

Or, is she so delusional that she really thinks she won events that
she did not win? Does she think that everybody is conspiring against
her because she really is paranoid?

Sam Sloan
  #9   Report Post  
Old October 1st 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2008
Posts: 169
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable


"samsloan" wrote in message
...


Of course, Susan Polgar is not nearly as bad as Captain Queeg.
However, I can see wh you brought this up. If you take a look at her
Blog at http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/ and then scroll down the
right hand side where she lists her supposed accomplishments, you will
see so many falsehoods that one has to wonder if she is not really
delusional or clinically psychotic. Here are a few examples:

======================

"Winner of 4 Women’s World Championships"


Of course, this is not true. She only won it once.


False.

1981 World Champion, girls 16
1992 Women's world rapid champeen
1992 world blitz champeen
1996 women's world champeen

http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=8&gl=us



"The only World Champion in history to win the Triple-Crown (Rapid,
Blitz and Classical World Championships)"


Not true either. There is no such thing as the "Triple Crown" in chess
nor is there any such thing as the rapid and blitz world
championships.



No such thing as rapid and blitz you say? What are these things then?

http://previews.chessdom.com/world-b...mpionship-2007

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...z-championship


"In October 2003, the governing body of chess, FIDE, organized a rapid time
control tournament in Cap d'Agde and billed it as the World Rapid Chess
Championship. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viswana...Chess_Champion



"Was the First Woman to Earn the Men’s Grandmaster title (1991)
through traditional FIDE requirements"


Not true. Nona Gaprindashvili was the first.



No. Gaprindashvili did not "earn" the title of grandmaster. She was awarded
the title of grandmaster.

"It is regrettable, therefore, that [Gaprindashvili] did not actually earn
the title in the regular way: FIDE requires that to earn the grandmaster
title a player must achieve certain minimum scores in tournaments consisting
of at least twenty-four games in aggregate (the description is highly
oversimplified, but you get the idea), and Nona was two or three games
short. Yet the FIDE Qualifications Commission voted to give her the title.
In my opinion, this historic occasion should not have been allowed to carry
even this slight tarnish." - Pal Benko

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nona_Gaprindashvili




"Currently ranked #1 in the United States"


Not true. Irina Krush is ranked #1 in the US.


In 1860, Lincoln was currently president. Was Polgar ranked one when the web
site went on line? Why yes, I believe she was.



"Award-winning and best-selling chess author in numerous languages"


False on all four points. The only awards she has won are those she
gives herself,


No.

"Susan Polgar – Grandmaster of the Year 05.06.2003 – The four-time Women's
World Chess Champion Susan Polgar has just been named "Grandmaster of the
Year" by the United States Chess Federation. ***This is the first time in
history that a woman has won this most prestigious award.***

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=986


I do not believe that she is a best-seller,


I do not believe that outside of cookoo land what you believe to be true
constitutes a fact.



she did not write the books herself


Non sequitur. Co authors are authors.


and they are only in English.


False. Her first book was published in Germany.

http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=8&gl=us



"a true role model to millions of young people worldwide"


This however is true. There are lots of young plagiarizers and
falsifiers all around the world.


Libel.


What makes this so strange is she has some solid real accomplishments.


Yes, world chess champion is quite an accomplishment. As opposed to say,
you.


sour grapes hosed


I keep wondering why she snip


Yes, you seem to spend a lot of time wondering why she . . . Leads one to
wonder why you spend so much time wondering why she and what she's wearing
while you're wondering? Pawn to Queen, queen refused to mate. Nothing like a
gadfly scorned.

  #10   Report Post  
Old October 1st 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,224
Default Polgar's Complaint Downloadable

foad wrote:

"samsloan" wrote in message
...


Of course, Susan Polgar is not nearly as bad as Captain Queeg.
However, I can see wh you brought this up. If you take a look at her
Blog at http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/ and then scroll down the
right hand side where she lists her supposed accomplishments, you will
see so many falsehoods that one has to wonder if she is not really
delusional or clinically psychotic. Here are a few examples:

======================

"Winner of 4 Women’s World Championships"


Of course, this is not true. She only won it once.


False.

1981 World Champion, girls 16
1992 Women's world rapid champeen
1992 world blitz champeen
1996 women's world champeen

http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=8&gl=us




"The only World Champion in history to win the Triple-Crown (Rapid,
Blitz and Classical World Championships)"


Not true either. There is no such thing as the "Triple Crown" in chess
nor is there any such thing as the rapid and blitz world
championships.



No such thing as rapid and blitz you say? What are these things then?

http://previews.chessdom.com/world-b...mpionship-2007

http://www.fide.com/component/conten...z-championship



"In October 2003, the governing body of chess, FIDE, organized a rapid
time control tournament in Cap d'Agde and billed it as the World Rapid
Chess Championship. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viswana...Chess_Champion



"Was the First Woman to Earn the Men’s Grandmaster title (1991)
through traditional FIDE requirements"


Not true. Nona Gaprindashvili was the first.



No. Gaprindashvili did not "earn" the title of grandmaster. She was
awarded the title of grandmaster.

"It is regrettable, therefore, that [Gaprindashvili] did not actually
earn the title in the regular way: FIDE requires that to earn the
grandmaster title a player must achieve certain minimum scores in
tournaments consisting of at least twenty-four games in aggregate (the
description is highly oversimplified, but you get the idea), and Nona
was two or three games short. Yet the FIDE Qualifications Commission
voted to give her the title. In my opinion, this historic occasion
should not have been allowed to carry even this slight tarnish." - Pal
Benko

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nona_Gaprindashvili


It's too bad that Lasker, Capablanca, and a few others didn't "earn"
their GM titles either.




"Currently ranked #1 in the United States"


Not true. Irina Krush is ranked #1 in the US.


In 1860, Lincoln was currently president. Was Polgar ranked one when the
web site went on line? Why yes, I believe she was.



"Award-winning and best-selling chess author in numerous languages"


False on all four points. The only awards she has won are those she
gives herself,


No.

"Susan Polgar – Grandmaster of the Year 05.06.2003 – The four-time
Women's World Chess Champion Susan Polgar has just been named
"Grandmaster of the Year" by the United States Chess Federation. ***This
is the first time in history that a woman has won this most prestigious
award.***

http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=986


I do not believe that she is a best-seller,


I do not believe that outside of cookoo land what you believe to be true
constitutes a fact.



she did not write the books herself


Non sequitur. Co authors are authors.


and they are only in English.


False. Her first book was published in Germany.

http://74.125.45.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=8&gl=us




"a true role model to millions of young people worldwide"


This however is true. There are lots of young plagiarizers and
falsifiers all around the world.


Libel.


What makes this so strange is she has some solid real accomplishments.


Yes, world chess champion is quite an accomplishment. As opposed to say,
you.


sour grapes hosed


I keep wondering why she snip


Yes, you seem to spend a lot of time wondering why she . . . Leads one
to wonder why you spend so much time wondering why she and what she's
wearing while you're wondering? Pawn to Queen, queen refused to mate.
Nothing like a gadfly scorned.

Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Answer by Sam Sloan to Ethics Complaint by Grant Perks samsloan rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 1 January 27th 07 03:21 PM
Answer by Sam Sloan to Ethics Complaint by Grant Perks samsloan rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 0 January 27th 07 02:54 PM
Answer by Sam Sloan to Ethics Complaint by Grant Perks samsloan alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) 0 January 27th 07 02:54 PM
Response to Ethics Complaint by Herbert Rodney Vaughn samsloan rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 15 January 15th 07 07:17 AM
Response to Ethics Complaint by Herbert Rodney Vaughn samsloan rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) 2 January 14th 07 01:41 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017