Old September 27th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Motion to Dismiss Has Been Made Against Polgar

On Sep 26, 3:32*pm, Brian Lafferty wrote:
It's available on PACER. *Motion to dismiss for failure to state causes
of action or in the alternative a motion for a more specific pleading.

I have read them all. There are nine motions to dismiss, one each for
each of the defendants represented by USCF Counsel.

It my opinion, Polgar's lawyer will want to bail out once he sees
these motions. There is no way that he can answer them. Whether the
judge will let him off the hook remains to be seen.

The big question in my mind is what happened to the original demand
that Polgar and Truong submit to a deposition. I have heard nothing
more about that. There was a deposition scheduled for August 8, 2008.
Polgar and Truong defaulted. The Polgar lawsuit was an obvious attempt
to stop that deposition from taking place. If the Polgar lawsuit is
dismissed, will the deposition still go forward?

I have filed a motion for reconsideration in my suit Sloan vs. Truong
in the Southern District of New York. If my motion is not granted by
Monday afternoon, I will file a notice of appeal. So, the case will go
to the Second Circuit. Also, I have filed a counter claim in the
Polgar case in Texas.

What will happen next? In my opinion, the judge in the Polgar case in
Texas will not dismiss the action immediately but will grant the
motion for a more definite statement. By now, Polgar's lawyer must
realize that this is not a case where he will get a quick settlement
and a nice fat paycheck. Also, Polgar ultimately has no case. The
allegations of her complaint are not true. They are the usual Polgar
lies, lies that we have been hearing for years. How long will her
lawyer represent her in a case where he has no chance to win?