Old September 30th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Anyone want to play computer vs computer Fischer Random Chess?

After my game with GC ..I am playing that game now..

Id like to play a game like this just to see how it works and how my
computer would try and play that way..

I was thinking no castling so do not put the rooks on the A- H squares
so the computers do not try and you can pick how you want the major
pieces set up and id pick your set up....All pawns in their same spots.
I think it would be interesting to try a game like that..I asked Sanny
if he could set his game up that way and he can not ..

Let me know if you want to try that or not , leave me a response here or
send me a e mail..

Thanks

Old October 1st 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* SAT W-7 (23:07) schrieb:

I was thinking no castling so do not put the rooks on the A- H squares
so the computers do not try and you can pick how you want the major
pieces set up and id pick your set up....All pawns in their same spots.
I think it would be interesting to try a game like that..I asked Sanny
if he could set his game up that way and he can not ..

Normal Chess960 has castling rules. Ivan doesn't understand that?

And the piece is symmetric (black/white) and randomized, not picked.

I would do it as soon as my new engine can play chess, but i don't know
when that will be yet.

mfg, simon .... l
Old October 1st 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

I am not sure how to play chess960...?

I was just saying id like to pick where your pieces go and the other
person can pick where my pieces go..And no castling which makes the game
even harder because i would put the other guy's King in the middle..

It would be mono-e-mono , program vs program because there is no opening
book....

If i had another Ivan computer id set it to play a game like that..Of
course id pull the pieces out of a hat or do something so it is totally
random.

Old October 1st 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* SAT W-7 (03:38) schrieb:

I am not sure how to play chess960...?

It's another name for Fischer Random Chess, it has 960 different
starting positions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess960

Basically it says the king is between the rooks, bishops are on squares
of different shade, and the black pieces are a mirror image of the white
pieces.

mfg, simon .... l
Old October 1st 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Yes the bishops would be on different colors , but the white and black
pieces would not mirror each other unless they came up random like
that..
To me picking them at random makes the game more exciting , id let you
put the king on any back square but all other just either you can put
them were you want or you can pick them and not know what pieces your
picking ..

If my webtv can get on that website you posted i'll go read it..Thanks

Old October 1st 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* SAT W-7 (05:58) schrieb:

Yes the bishops would be on different colors , but the white and black
pieces would not mirror each other unless they came up random like
that..

I don't see the point in that. It seems unusual and unfair that way.

mfg, simon .... l
Old October 1st 08, 08:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

How is that unfair ? Lets say all the major pieces are hidden including
Kings , you pick my pieces out one at a time not knowing which piece it
is then start at A-I and A-8 and just put the pieces on the squares ..
I just took my regular chess set ( human ) and i took all the major
pieces and put them in a pillow case bag so i could not see them and
mixed them up then i got some tongs so i do not have to physically
touch the pieces so i can not cheat and i pulled them out of the bag , i
had all the black and white pieces in the bag.
Here is how it came out..
white ..
A-I - Bishop
B-I - Bishop
C-I - King
D-I - Knight
E-I - Rook
F-I- Queen
G-I-Knight
H-I Rook

Black

A-8 - Rook
B-8- Bishop
C-8-Knight
D-8-Knight
E-8-King
F-8-Rook
G-8-Bishop
H-8-Queen

No castling .....

You want to play me ? You want white or black ? If you do not feel
like playing that is OK too , just thought id throw that out there..

Blacks has more of a problem where the King came out ...

Just looking this over if white moves B-2 to B-3 that will keep blacks
queen bottled up for awhile..

Looking at this set up i have no idea what to try in the opening
......If i were black i think id move my knights out....

Whites bishops are together and that mite be a powerful force to deal
with at the start....

nite