Old October 5th 08, 08:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub improved by 60% today.

Today a few things were corrected which will make GetClub play 60%
stronger.

Now you will need a lot more moves to win the game as the defences of
GetClub has been strengthened.

And GetClub will not allow opponents to take control for its king
easily.

Still I am looking for Help Bots game to see if the real improvement
is seen.

Play a few games against Beginner & Easy Levels and see if you can win
easily.

Heres a game against Jester which was incomplete as my Connection
Broke and I have to levet the game in between.

Still both Jester & GetCluub were having equal pieces till 27th move.

Game Played between sanjay11 and beginner at GetClub.com

sanjay11: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...408&game=Chess

White -- Black
(sanjay11) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{2} e7-e5{0}
2. Ng1-f3{4} Nb8-c6{0}
3. Bf1-b5{6} a7-a6{0}
4. Bb5-a4{6} Ng8-f6{0}
5. Ke1-g1{6} Bf8-e7{0}
6. d2-d3{8} d7-d6{18}
7. Ba4-c6{10} b7-c6{6}
8. Nb1-c3{10} Bc8-d7{18}
9. Qd1-e2{10} Qd8-b8{10}
10. d3-d4{10} e5-d4{6}
11. Nf3-d4{10} c6-c5{10}
12. Nd4-f5{10} Bd7-f5{8}
13. e4-f5{10} Qb8-b7{16}
14. Rf1-e1{12} Ke8-g8{28}
15. Qe2-d3{30} Rf8-e8{8}
16. Re1-e2{14} Nf6-g4{12}
17. Qd3-g3{10} h7-h5{12}
18. Qg3-h3{8} g7-g6{16}
19. f5-g6{14} f7-g6{10}
20. f2-f3{10} Ng4-e5{8}
21. f3-f4{10} Ne5-g4{16}
22. Qh3-d3{10} Kg8-f7{44}
23. Qd3-c4{10} Kf7-g7{38}
24. h2-h3{118} Ng4-f6{8}
25. Qc4-d3{12} Ra8-b8{10}
26. f4-f5{10} g6-f5{52}
27. Qd3-f5{4} c5-c4{10}
sanjay11: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...408&game=Chess

Are you able to see that GetClub is playing Stronger moves?

Do you see any mistake in any of the above moves?

Now, Beginner will play as a 2200+ player.

Beginner: 2200+
Easy: 2300+
Normal: 2400+

Bye
Sanny

Old October 5th 08, 10:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny writes:

Today a few things were corrected which will make GetClub play 60%
stronger.

Now you will need a lot more moves to win the game as the defences of
GetClub has been strengthened.

Is the maneuver "Nh3 Bd2 Na4 Bc1 Nc3" in the game below part of this
new defence system?

And GetClub will not allow opponents to take control for its king
easily.

Play a few games against Beginner & Easy Levels and see if you can win
easily.

[Date "2008.10.05"]
[White "GetClub beginner level"]
[Black "Glaurung 2.1"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bb5+ Nc6 4. Nc3 e5 5. Bxc6+ bxc6 6. d3 Nf6 7. O-O Be7
8. Be3 Rb8 9. Rb1 O-O 10. Ng5 Ng4 11. Nh3 f5 12. Bd2 f4 13. Na4 Qe8 14. Bc1
f3 15. Nc3 Qg6 16. Nf4 exf4 17. g3 Nxh2 18. Kxh2 Qh5+ 19. Kg1 Bh3
{White resigns} 0-1

--
Peter Osterlund -
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340
Old October 5th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

[Obnoxious cross-post trimed. Please stop sending your messages to
groups where they are off-topic.]

Sanny wrote:
Heres a game against Jester which was incomplete as my Connection
Broke and I have to levet the game in between.

Sorry, I can't work out what `levet' is a typo for. But, anyway,
Jester explicitly says that you don't need to keep any connection open
once you've started playing. Getclub resumes the game where you left
off if you reconnect. So why is it a problem that you lost your
connection?

Now, Beginner will play as a 2200+ player.

No it isn't. Really, Sanny, you have absolutely no clue what that
statement even means. It's just a number that sounds good to you.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Permanent Cheese (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ brick of cheese but it'll be there
Old October 5th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* David Richerby (22:07) schrieb:

[Obnoxious cross-post trimed. Please stop sending your messages to
groups where they are off-topic.]

Thanks

Sanny wrote:
Heres a game against Jester which was incomplete as my Connection
Broke and I have to levet the game in between.

Sorry, I can't work out what `levet' is a typo for.

I think it's "leave". But maybe he's a gamer and levels a lot.

mfg, simon .... l
Old October 6th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Is the maneuver "Nh3 Bd2 Na4 Bc1 Nc3" in the game below part of this
new defence system?

Looks like this game was played before the improvement. And it was
Beginner Level. Try playing against Easy Level.

Easy Level will play very strong game.

How many seconds "Glaurung 2.1" thinks per move?

And which computer GetClub has Do you give stronger computer to
GetClub?

Whats the hardware configuration for both Players?

Yesterday 4/5 games played by GetClub were won by GetClub only one
game you played against Glaurung 2.1 was lost by GetClub.

Bye
Sanny

Old October 6th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
Heres a game against Jester which was incomplete as my Connection
Broke and I have to levet the game in between.

Sorry, I can't work out what `levet' is a typo for. *But, anyway,
Jester explicitly says that you don't need to keep any connection open
once you've started playing. *Getclub resumes the game where you left
off if you reconnect. *So why is it a problem that you lost your
connection?

It is Level "a typo mistake".

True Jester says it do not need open connection.

There are a few Ads on the Jester page. And when my connection drop
That Ad called "http://www.quickbrowsersearch.com/search.cgi"

And the Page where Jester was playing disappeared with a search page.

And when I pressed Back Button I found that game already Lost.

Now, Beginner will play as a 2200+ player.

No it isn't. *Really, Sanny, you have absolutely no clue what that
statement even means. *It's just a number that sounds good to you.

Yes, I have no clue about it. I am just 1100 player and for me 1800+,
2200+, 2400+ 2600+ All are same.

I am sure atleast that Beginner is 1800+ as many other programs which
are 1800+ get beaten by GetClub.

With Every improvement I think that rating will increase but players
on this group never accepts a rating of 2200+

I am waiting for the day when GetClub's Beginner Level plays as good
as 2200+

Bye
Sanny

Old October 6th 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Heres a game against Jester which was incomplete as my Connection
Broke and I have to levet the game in between.

Sorry, I can't work out what `levet' is a typo for.

I think it's "leave". But maybe he's a gamer and levels a lot.

mfg, * * * * * * * * * *simon .... l

Yes you are Correct it is "Leave"

Bye
Sanny

Old October 6th 08, 07:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny writes:

Is the maneuver "Nh3 Bd2 Na4 Bc1 Nc3" in the game below part of this
new defence system?

Looks like this game was played before the improvement.

No. I started that game after your post where you wrote "Today a few
things were corrected". Note the use of the word "were", indicating
that the corrections had already taken place.

And it was Beginner Level. Try playing against Easy Level.

Easy Level will play very strong game.

Why? I thought the only difference between the levels was that they
use different amount of thinking time. The getclub program has bigger
problems to worry about than thinking time, see below.

How many seconds "Glaurung 2.1" thinks per move?

And which computer GetClub has Do you give stronger computer to
GetClub?

Whats the hardware configuration for both Players?

Wrong questions. If you want to make getclub stronger you need to find
the answers to different questions, such as:

* Why could the program not see a mate in three in the end even though
the search depth indicated 14?

* Why did it think the position after the first few moves in this game
was about +1.5 for getclub?

* In the current game against Ivan, why did it think it was +2 while
other engines agreed that getclub is -2 or worse?

I think it would be a good idea to make the getclub program able to
display its principal variation (PV), ie the best line of play from a
position as determined by the search algorithm. Looking at the PV for
the positions corresponding to my questions above should make it
possible to figure out what getclub is doing wrong in those
positions.

Note! The PV should only be displayed in debug mode. Otherwise it
could give too much help to human players during the games.

Yesterday 4/5 games played by GetClub were won by GetClub only one
game you played against Glaurung 2.1 was lost by GetClub.

Yes, getclub can win against careless and/or weak human players, but
that doesn't mean its rating is 2200+.