Old October 13th 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default ChessBase lies...

Dear Chesslovers,

ChessBase is advertising on the Chesscafe site with "free tech support" (
http://chesscafe.com/ )

On the ChessBae site, well hidden you can read that you will need to pay
0,62 ? /minute for tech support (http://www.chessbase.de/kontakt/index.asp)

Lies over lies, maybe like the one about the "cheaters by certain sysops
(you know who).

Michael
Web: http://www.playwitharena.com
Mind the Base. Join the Arena

Old October 13th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

In article ,
Michael Diosi wrote:
ChessBase is advertising on the Chesscafe site with "free tech
support" ( http://chesscafe.com/ )

On the ChessBae site, well hidden you can read that you will need to
pay 0,62 ? /minute for tech support
(http://www.chessbase.de/kontakt/index.asp)

If this is the case (I've not checked your reports and I doubt I'd
understand enough German to read a page on chessbase.de), you should
contact whoever is responsible for dealing with false advertising in
Germany. (Both you and Chessbase are German-based, aren't you?)

Dave.

--
David Richerby Mouldy Happy Apple (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ tasty fruit that makes your troubles
Old October 13th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"Michael Diosi" skrev i melding
Dear Chesslovers,

ChessBase is advertising on the Chesscafe site with "free tech support"
( http://chesscafe.com/ )

On the ChessBae site, well hidden you can read that you will need to pay
0,62 ? /minute for tech support
(http://www.chessbase.de/kontakt/index.asp)

Your first link points to that ChessCafe have a page where they try to help
people with who having problem with their Chessbase product. There is also a
link to a form where USCFSales custumer could get additional help if the
page didn't answer their question.

I'm sure you also can write directly to Chessbase in Germany if your not an
USCFSales custumer

Your quot to the Chessbase site is a level of support where you will get
instant help for your problem. If you want the same help as for the
USCFSales custumer above I'm sure you find a link on your Chessbase site
called 'Supportformular... '