Old October 13th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default World Championship Match--Predictions?

Will they play in a glass cage?

I believe that it is necessary and appropriate?

Old October 13th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 13, 10:16 pm, samsloan wrote:

Will they play in a glass cage?
I believe that it is necessary and appropriate?

Only one of them needs to.
Old October 13th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
Will they play in a glass cage?

I believe that it is necessary and appropriate?

Sam Sloan

Both were interviewed in Bonn. Chessbase has a nice article on it.
They are both happy and well adjusted--imagine that. The only thing
Vlad is annoyed with is how well Anand is playing this year.
Old October 14th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 14, 11:06 am, billbrock wrote:
On Oct 14, 9:55 am, billbrock wrote:

On Oct 14, 2:00 am, Nomen Nescio wrote:

"Judge" Brian Lafferty wrote in
rec.games.chess.politics

I think Anand will win a close match. Anand by 1/2 point.

You ****ing dementia-riddled stupid braindead moron, how is it ever
possible
to win by 1/2 a point??

Were you really ever a judge, you retarded jackass? To call you Jackass,
as my friends did, is to insult the tribe of jackasses.

You can't write, you can't reason, you can't spell, you can't think, you
can't judge, you are a pompous ignorant windbag, what a shame you figured
how to reproduce (though I wonder about your claims to paternity. Checked
the DNA?) You are a waste of carbon. **** like you does not deserve to
live.
If you left the world yesterday everyone would be happier, your ugly bitch
included.

Win the match by 1/2 a point? HAHAHAHAHA [snip]

JC

Innumeracy is regrettable, but Mr. Lafferty, unlike Mr. Truong, signs
his name.

If Mr. Truong is not the one posting, perhaps he would be kind enough
to stop by and post a simple denial.

By the way, Anand is in a bit of trouble...probably objectively drawn,
but the position after 21.e4 is K's bread & butter.

Really? How is Kramnik going to hold that extra pawn? What is his
winning plan?

I prefer Anand's position although I agree that the game appears to be
drawn.

Old October 14th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 14, 11:27*am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sorry. I just realized that you are three moves ahead of me.

I am watching on time delay.

Old October 14th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 14, 11:36 am, billbrock wrote:
On Oct 14, 10:27 am, samsloan wrote:

[...]

I agree that it's looking drawn now (after 23...Rc2), but any chances
are still Kramnik's.

Where are you watching it?

TWIC has the latest moves, but no diagram. (I am too stupid to figure
it out without a diagram.)

http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic.html

On the other hand the official site has a nice diagram but is on 30
minute time delay (for the current position you have to pay).

http://87.230.38.148/apache2-default/toma/tfd_neu.htm

Old October 14th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 14, 11:27*am, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 14, 11:06 am, billbrock wrote:

By the way, Anand is in a bit of trouble...probably objectively drawn,
but the position after 21.e4 is K's bread & butter.

Really? How is Kramnik going to hold that extra pawn? What is his
winning plan?

I prefer Anand's position although I agree that the game appears to be
drawn.

I don't believe either player left their opening preparation.

William Hyde

Old October 14th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Can you tell us how the game is going ?
Thanks , my webtv sucks when it comes to stuff like this because i can
not follow it live ..I can go to websits so that is good..

Old October 15th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 14, 12:00*pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

I think that Anand has the advantage in game 2, but Malcolm Pein
thinks Kramnik (black) is better. Both White and Black have their
kings trapped in the middle of the board and neither side will be able
to castle easily. I think Kramnik is almost forced to trade queens now
and will be stuck in an inferior position.

Old October 15th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Anand chose not to play 1.e4. He instead played 1.d4. Here is the game:

GM Anand (2783) - GM Kramnik (2772) [E25]
World Championship (2), 15.10.2008

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.f3 d5 5.a3 Bxc3+ 6.bxc3 c5 7.cxd5 Nxd5 8.dxc5
f5 9.Qc2 Nd7 10.e4 fxe4 11.fxe4 N5f6 12.c6 bxc6 13.Nf3 Qa5 I would give
White a very small plus here. 14. Bd2 Ba6 15. c4 Qc5 16. Bd3 Ng4 17. Bb4
Qe3+ 18. Qe2 O-O-O 19. Qxe3 Nxe3 20. Kf2 Ng4+ 21. Kg3 Ndf6 22. Bb1 +=
(22...h5 is the strongest continuation here for Black but it still gives
White a small edge) 22...h5 (a possible line is 23. h3 h4+ 24. Nxh4 Ne5 25.
Nf3 Nxc4 26. Rc1 +=) I am between airports right now. Therefore, the update
may be delayed a bit. I should be back doing live commentary right here by
game 4. 23.h3
Chess news from Susan Polgar