Old October 22nd 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Can Anand & Kramnik beat Rybka?

Can Anand & Kramnik beat Rybka?

If they are allowed to think 40 moves in 2 hours. Both Rybka and World
Champion take 3 min / move.

What do you think who will win?

Bye
Sanny

Old October 22nd 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:21:29 -0700 (PDT), Sanny
wrote:

Can Anand & Kramnik beat Rybka?

If they are allowed to think 40 moves in 2 hours. Both Rybka and World
Champion take 3 min / move.

What do you think who will win?

Bye
Sanny

Assuming Rybka's hardware is reasonably state-of-the-art, my money
would be on Rybka.
Old October 22nd 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 22, 8:21*pm, Sanny wrote:
Can Anand & Kramnik beat Rybka?

If they are allowed to think 40 moves in 2 hours. Both Rybka and World
Champion take 3 min / move.

What do you think who will win?

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

The more time the human players get the better they can play against a
supercomputer with a sophisticated program. The lesser the time
obviously favors the computer. It would be interesting to see how they
would do and I would like to give them more time than the normal 40
moves in 2 hours. After all the objective here is to see if they can
actually beat the computer vs just trying to go for a draw. Why not
give them 4 hours for 40 moves instead. What's the problem. We want to
see if they can actually envision something superior. I haven't seen
the above two programs but if they are indeed the best available than
I doubt whether Kramnik and Anand together could beat it. However, it
would still be an interesting match up provided they get enough
time.