Old October 26th 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Game against Rybka.

Here is a short game between Easy & Rybka.

Please let me know the mistakes made by Easy Level

Game Played between sanjay11 and easy at GetClub.com

sanjay11: (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...551&game=Chess

White -- Black
(sanjay11) -- (easy)

1. e2-e4{16} e7-e5{0}
2. Ng1-f3{12} Nb8-c6{0}
3. Bf1-b5{12} Bf8-c5{0}
4. Nb1-c3{18} Ng8-f6{34}
5. Ke1-g1{14} Ke8-g8{152}
6. Nf3-e5{18} Nc6-e5{88}
7. d2-d4{12} d7-d6{96}
8. d4-c5{14} c7-c6{32}
9. Bb5-e2{18} d6-c5{58}
10. f2-f4{12} Ne5-g6{244}
11. e4-e5{12} Nf6-d5{76}
12. Nc3-e4{20} Bc8-f5{32}
13. Ne4-d6{16} Qd8-d7{22}
14. g2-g4{14} Bf5-e6{32}
15. c2-c4{20} Nd5-b6{38}
16. f4-f5{16} Ng6-e5{66}
17. f5-e6{12} f7-e6{110}
18. Rf1-f8{16} Ra8-f8{46}
19. Bc1-e3{14} Nb6-a8{114}
20. Be3-c5{16} b7-b6{40}
21. Bc5-b4{12} Rf8-f4{94}
22. Bb4-c3{16} Ne5-g6{64}
23. Nd6-f5{22} Qd7-c8{82}
24. Nf5-g7{12} e6-e5{22}
25. Ng7-f5{12} Qc8-f8{26}
26. Qd1-d7{16} b6-b5{100}
27. Qd7-e6{12} Kg8-h8{46}
28. Bc3-e5{16} Ng6-e5{0}
29. Qe6-e5{12} Kh8-g8{0}
30. Qe5-f4{20} Qf8-c5{32}
31. Kg1-g2{18} Na8-b6{26}
32. Nf5-h6{16} Kg8-g7{0}
33. Qf4-f7{12} Kg7-f7{0}
sanjay11: (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...551&game=Chess

Rybka with White easily got ahead. What were the major wrong moves by
GetClub.

Bye
Sanny

Old October 26th 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny writes:

[...]

The move that was most wrong was 33... Kxf7, since that is an illegal
move.

1. The first thing you should do is make the program follow the rules
of chess.

2. Then try to make it behave well on simple tests like the "win at
chess" test suite.

3. Then worry about mistakes in actual games.

And when you get to the third stage, it would be much more efficient
if you downloaded some free chess engine and user interface and made
the analysis yourself. That way you could quickly spot obvious
tactical blunders without having to wait for someone on usenet to give
you advice.

--
Peter Osterlund -
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340
Old October 26th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (07:47) schrieb:

Here is a short game between Easy & Rybka.

Please let me know the mistakes made by Easy Level

The error is to waste you time playing against Rybka. You beginner level
loses against Basicfun. Care about that.

mfg, simon .... l
Old October 26th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"Peter Osterlund" wrote in message
And when you get to the third stage, it would be much more efficient
if you downloaded some free chess engine and user interface and made
the analysis yourself. That way you could quickly spot obvious
tactical blunders without having to wait for someone on usenet to give
you advice.

The fact that this clown HAS to ask strangers for advice shows that he is
clueless and has no business "writing a chess program".

Old October 27th 08, 10:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Bob Campbell wrote:
"Peter Osterlund" wrote:
And when you get to the third stage, it would be much more
efficient if you downloaded some free chess engine and user
interface and made the analysis yourself. That way you could
quickly spot obvious tactical blunders without having to wait for
someone on usenet to give you advice.

The fact that this clown HAS to ask strangers for advice shows that
he is clueless and has no business "writing a chess program".

No, it's the *way* he asks for advice and uses it that shows he's
clueless. There's nothing wrong with asking for advice and, frankly,
I find it arrogant to the point of being offensive that you feel you
can decide who has the right to write a chess program.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Portable Beer (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ refreshing lager but you can take

Old October 27th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"David Richerby" wrote in message

No, it's the *way* he asks for advice and uses it that shows he's
clueless.

Exactly my point. If he understood anything about chess, he would KNOW
what moves are "bad moves". That he continually comes in here and says
"here is my stupid little program that, by the way, plays 2400 level chess
at 10 seconds per move. Please analyze this game for me" shows he is
clueless.

There's nothing wrong with asking for advice and, frankly,
I find it arrogant to the point of being offensive that you feel you
can decide who has the right to write a chess program.

WTF? I didn't "decide" anyone's "rights". I offered my opinion.
Frankly, I find it arrogant to the point of being offensive that you feel
you can decide who has the right to an opinion.