Old October 28th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default Ambush in Fresno

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknibb
From "Ambush in Fresno" topic

Sam, I will attempt one time to answer your question. As I
understand it, John Doe 1-10 was about breaking into a private email
account and stealing and distributing "confidential email" regarding
among other things a lawsuit you brought against the USCF.

I am asking the question why this is considered more important to the
USCF than actual stealing of data from the USCF servers, violating the
privacy of all members who take part in the forums, and then
distributing it without the permission of the USCF to the internet and
to someone at the NYT who could publish it to the paper.

Both topics seem to me to be somewhat about USCF politics. (Ambush)

Why would our EB be more concerned about one topic than the other?
Does the one topic make one group of EB members look bad and the other
make another EB member look bad. I don't think either situation is
good for the USCF, but I wonder why we decide to prosecute one
situation and not the other. Could it be the politics of the USCF?

There is the answer to your question

Mark Nibbelin
You have NOT answered my question. My question is: "What does this
have to do with the topic of "Ambush in Fresno"? What does this have
to do with anything in Fresno?

Your answer seems to be to ask why is this topic more important than
you favorite topic, which is NDAs. You can discuss NDAs all you want,
but do it over in one of the many threads your have started dealing
with that. It is impolite for you to barge into Mr. Fifield's thread
about the Ambush in Fresno.

Now to answer your questuion again (which has been answered hundreds
of times already) Mr. Mottershead did not steal anything. Mr.
Mottershead was requested by USCF President Bill Goichberg to prepare
a report. He did so and provided it to the board. This had nothing to
do with my lawsuit. My lawsuit had already been filed even before all
this happened. My lawsuit would have gone forward regardless of
whether Mr. Mottershead prepared the report or not or distributed it
to the board or not.

After Mr. Mottershead provided his report to the board, somebody,
probably a member of the board, made it available on the Internet. I
have my own opinion as to who did it, and I have provided that opinion
to you through a PM, but I have no proof. Moreover, even if I did have
proof of who did it, I would not be allowed to post that information
to this forum.

So, why do you insist on asking the same question hundreds of times
which nobody on this forum would be allowed to answer even if we knew
the answer?

Also, I fail to understand why you have not been sanctioned for saying
the same things repeatedly, hundreds of times, over the past full
year.