Old October 30th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub improved today by 20%.

Last 2 times I improved the game I found the game actually played
Twice slower.

Its like a rope when I pull on one side the other side shortens. When
I pull the other side then this side shorten.

A few players complained me that the game performance has detoriated.

So all recent improvements were removed and looks like the game is
improved now.

Play a few games and see how you score against it.

Help Bot did guest appearance but yet not played a single game at
GetClub.

I am looking for new games to spot the new strategy learnt by GetClub.

Bye
Sanny

Old October 30th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 30, 10:42*am, Sanny wrote:
Last 2 times I improved the game I found the game actually played
Twice slower.

Its like a rope when I pull on one side the other side shortens. When
I pull the other side then this side shorten.

A few players complained me that the game performance has detoriated.

So all recent improvements were removed and looks like the game is
improved now.

Sanny, I think this wins a new award for the stupidest post you've
ever made.

Basically you have said that you made several changes that made the
game worse, and then you removed all of the changes, and now the game
is better than it was before!

BRILLIANT!

jm
Old October 31st 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote in message

Sanny, I think this wins a new award for the stupidest post you've
ever made.

Basically you have said that you made several changes that made the
game worse, and then you removed all of the changes, and now the game
is better than it was before!

BRILLIANT!

Actually, it's better than that! At the time he made "all recent
improvements" (the ones he just removed) he claimed then - like he ALWAYS
does - that "GitClub now improved by (insert random percentage here)%!!!".
Now that he has removed those "improvements", it has "improved today by
20%!!"

Is there anyone here who still believes this moron has ANY clue?

Old October 31st 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:

A few players complained me that the game performance has detoriated.

Ignore them. It is absolutely impossible for GetClub's game performance
to deteriorate.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old October 31st 08, 08:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 31, 5:06*am, Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Sanny wrote:

A few players complained me that the game performance has detoriated.

Ignore them. *It is absolutely impossible for GetClub's game performance
to deteriorate.

You are too kind. It is definitely worse now than it has been for
quite a while.

It is a long time since it missed a move that should have been obvious
on a material gain basis at ply one which it how it managed to lose to
Jester in that recent "defends well" (sic) game. Jester let it off the
hook.

I reckon it has deteriorated. I thought guest had persuaded him to
regression test it against WAC positions. Even a pretty basic simple
minded engine should get a high proportion of those right in a 5s
search.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Old October 31st 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

How come only 20% ?!

Sanny, I am worried about you. Take an aspirin.

Wlod
Old November 1st 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

"Martin Brown" wrote in message

I reckon it has deteriorated. I thought guest had persuaded him to
regression test it against WAC positions. Even a pretty basic simple
minded engine should get a high proportion of those right in a 5s
search.

No, I gave up.

Running simple tests like that are pretty trivial but yet he's resisted
after the initial test showed it didn't perform too well compared to simple
programs.

Or even compared to my 'random mobility score' method that I reported.
Pretty embarrasing when a random number generator produces better play than
your own program.

And he's certainly not willing to do proper testing for getting improvement
claims. Automate the playing against several other programs and run
hundreds of games.

Considering he always goes by 100 point jumps, it would take a match of 50
or so games (against several opponents) to be able to say with 95%
confidence that one program is at least 100 points stronger or weaker than
another at identical time controls.

(I'm not sure of the exact math, but about 32k-40k games for +/- 4 points.
8k-10k games for +/- 8 points, 2k-2.5k games for +/- 16 points, 512+ for
+/- 32 points. 128+ for +/- 64 points. 32+ for +/- 128 points. For a 95%
confidence in the values. The numbers are estimates, since I'm not sure of
the exact math. I'd suggest 50 for +/- 128 and go up from there.)

He could play GNU Chess 4 & 3.1, Crafty, Rybka (since he's so fond of it),
and maybe uMax 4.8. (Or others with existing ratings.) So just 10-15
games against each of 5 opponents (5 as black & 5 as white) would be more
than enough to get real numbers.

He could automate that and get some reliable numbers in a weekend.

There are plenty of ELO calculators on the web and for download. Elostat,
Bayesian Elo, etc.

But he's not going to. We all know that.

Old November 2nd 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

"Guest" wrote in message ...
He could automate that and get some reliable numbers in a weekend.

There are plenty of ELO calculators on the web and for download. Elostat,
Bayesian Elo, etc.

But he's not going to. We all know that.

He obviously can't. I think he has clearly demonstrated that such research
is way beyond his skill set.