Old November 5th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Rykba hangs when loosing.

I played 3-4 games against Rybka with the Hope Easy Level will beat
Rybka. But whenever the position is good for GetClub, I find Rybka
disconnects giving error.

I tried 3-4 games between Rybka & GetClub each time when GetClub is at
advantage Rybka gives error and stops.

If any player has downloaded version of Rybka Play a few games against
Easy Level and let me know who wins.

Rybka takes 5 sec / move while Easy Level takes 50-60 sec / move. And
both play equal game.

I find since GetClub takes 12 times more time it plays as good as
Rybka.

But unfortunately whenever GetClub has strong position Rybka gives
error.

So I played a game between Beginner & Jester.

Game Played between Jester and beginner at GetClub.com

Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...172&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Jester) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{14} e7-e5{0}
2. d2-d4{8} e5-d4{0}
3. c2-c3{6} d4-c3{6}
4. Nb1-c3{8} Ng8-f6{12}
5. e4-e5{10} Qd8-e7{6}
6. Qd1-e2{10} Nf6-g8{8}
7. Nc3-d5{10} Qe7-d8{18}
8. Ng1-f3{10} Nb8-c6{12}
9. Bc1-g5{12} Bf8-e7{6}
10. Bg5-f6{22} g7-f6{8}
11. e5-f6{20} Ng8-f6{0}
12. Nd5-f6{10} Ke8-f8{0}
13. Nf6-d5{20} Nc6-b4{8}
14. Nd5-c3{12} d7-d5{10}
15. a2-a3{16} d5-d4{10}
16. a3-b4{14} d4-c3{6}
17. Ra1-d1{10} Bc8-d7{16}
18. b2-c3{14} Ra8-b8{56}
19. Qe2-d2{14} Be7-d6{6}
20. Qd2-h6{12} Kf8-g8{6}
21. Rd1-a1{10} Qd8-e7{36}
22. Bf1-e2{12} Bd7-b5{8}
23. Ra1-a2{12} Bb5-e2{14}
24. Ra2-e2{12} Qe7-d8{8}
25. Re2-e4{12} f7-f5{6}
26. Qh6-e6{10} Kg8-g7{8}
27. Qe6-f5{12} Rh8-f8{6}
28. Qf5-h5{12} Qd8-f6{6}
29. Ke1-g1{18} Qf6-c3{6}
30. b4-b5{12} Bd6-a3{30}
31. Nf3-g5{12} Rf8-c8{8}
32. Qh5-h7{14} Kg7-f6{0}
33. Qh7-h6{14} Kf6-f5{0}
Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...172&game=Chess

In this game GetClub was a pawn up. But later Jester gave a Pawn
Gambit.

GetClub thought it will be a pawn up so took the pawn. But after
taking pawn Jester found a Mate in 10.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 5th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 5, 11:56*am, Sanny wrote:
I played 3-4 games against Rybka with the Hope Easy Level will beat
Rybka. But whenever the position is good for GetClub, I find Rybka
disconnects giving error.

I'd be more inclined to blame GetClub for that. Rybka has never hung
on me.

I tried 3-4 games between Rybka & GetClub each time when GetClub is at
advantage Rybka gives error and stops.

Have you got some sort of dodgy copy or a very early pre-release
freebie?

If any player has downloaded version of Rybka Play a few games against
Easy Level and let me know who wins.

I'd expect Rybka to win even if it was restricted to a 1s search or
even fixed 6ply.

Rybka takes 5 sec / move while Easy Level takes 50-60 sec / move. And
both play equal game.

I find since GetClub takes 12 times more time it plays as good as
Rybka.

ROFL

But unfortunately whenever GetClub has strong position Rybka gives
error.

Sorry, but I don't believe you. The following game is laughable, both
engines are weak and miss obvious winning moves. jester is well named
it is toying with you.

So I played a game between *Beginner & Jester.

Game Played between Jester and beginner at GetClub.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
View Recorded Game:http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...172&game=Chess
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

White -- Black
(Jester) -- (beginner)

[snip]
21. Rd1-a1{10} Qd8-e7{36}

21. Rd5 would have been a faster finish.

29. Ke1-g1{18} Qf6-c3{6} ???

Pawn snatching death wish queen. ho hum
29. ... Qf7 hold the status quo

30. b4-b5{12} Bd6-a3{30}

30. b5 ?? jester is no better
Either Ng5,Rh4 or slightly less good Nd4,Nh4,Ne5,Rg4+ will see black
off very quickly.

But hey ho GetClub plays the helpmate move Ba3.

30. ... Kh8 and black would be much very better off.

GetClub thought it will be a pawn up so took the pawn. But after
taking pawn Jester found a Mate in 10.

That is a classic weakness of early chess engines. Easily distracted
by material grabbing until it is too late to avoid the mate threat.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Old November 5th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny writes:

I played 3-4 games against Rybka with the Hope Easy Level will beat
Rybka. But whenever the position is good for GetClub, I find Rybka
disconnects giving error.

I tried 3-4 games between Rybka & GetClub each time when GetClub is at
advantage Rybka gives error and stops.

If any player has downloaded version of Rybka Play a few games against
Easy Level and let me know who wins.

Rybka takes 5 sec / move while Easy Level takes 50-60 sec / move. And
both play equal game.

I find since GetClub takes 12 times more time it plays as good as
Rybka.

But unfortunately whenever GetClub has strong position Rybka gives
error.

The version of Rybka you are using seems to be crippled and/or
broken.

I played a game between getclub easy level and glaurung 2.1. The time
control for glaurung was 1s / move (60 moves in 60 seconds). Glaurung
was not allowed to think on the opponents time and was only using one
CPU. Glaurung was playing black and was using the weaker computer
(2.4GHz vs 2.6GHz for getclub).

Not surprisingly, getclub didn't have a chance under these very
generous conditions. Since Rybka (the real version, not your
crippled/broken version) is considered stronger than glaurung, it is
safe to assume that getclub is nowhere near Rybka in strength.

Here is the game:

[Date "2008.11.05"]
[White "GetClub easy level"]
[Black "Glaurung 2.1"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. Nf3 g6 3. g3 Bg7 4. Bg2 O-O 5. Nc3 d5 6. Bf4 c6 7. Ng5 Qb6 8.
Rb1 h6 9. Nh3 Ng4 10. f3 e5 11. dxe5 Nxe5 12. Nf2 Nc4 13. O-O Nxb2 14. Qd2
Nc4 15. Qd3 Qa5 16. Rb3 Na6 17. Qd1 Bxc3 18. Bxh6 Re8 19. Qd3 Be5 20. e4
Nc5 21. Qe2 Be6 22. f4 Bd4 23. c3 Bxc3 24. Rd1 Nxb3 25. axb3 Nd6 26. e5 Nf5
27. Bg5 Nd4 28. Qd3 Bf5 29. b4 Qxb4 30. Qf1 Qb6 31. Kh1 Qb5 32. Qxb5 Nxb5
33. g4 Bc2 34. Rf1 a5 35. Bf6 a4 36. g5 a3 37. e6 Bxf6 38. exf7+ Kxf7 39.
gxf6 a2 40. Ra1 Nd4 41. Ng4 Nb3 42. Ne5+ Rxe5 43. Rf1 Re2 44. Ra1 Nxa1 45.
Bf3 Be4
{White resigns} 0-1

--
Peter Osterlund -
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340
Old November 5th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Here is another game with Jester. I game 12 sec / move to Jester
instead of 3 and played against Easy Level.

So Both programs got 4 times more time So that they play stronger
game.

Game Played between Jester and easy at GetClub.com

Jester: (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...181&game=Chess

White -- Black
(sanjay11) -- (easy)

1. e2-e4{42} e7-e6{0}
2. d2-d4{8} d7-d5{0}
3. Nb1-d2{8} c7-c5{0}
4. Ng1-f3{8} Ng8-f6{126}
5. e4-d5{12} Qd8-d5{26}
6. Bf1-c4{20} Qd5-c6{52}
7. Ke1-g1{20} c5-d4{108}
8. Nf3-d4{20} Qc6-c5{50}
9. c2-c3{18} Bf8-d6{46}
10. Rf1-e1{20} Ke8-g8{40}
11. Bc4-d3{22} Bc8-d7{28}
12. Nd2-c4{26} Bd6-c7{104}
13. b2-b3{22} Qc5-d5{42}
14. Bc1-a3{20} Rf8-e8{42}
15. Bd3-e2{20} Nb8-c6{20}
16. Be2-f3{26} Qd5-g5{20}
17. Ba3-d6{18} Bc7-d6{86}
18. Nc4-d6{18} Re8-f8{78}
19. Nd6-b7{18} Nc6-e5{74}
20. Qd1-e2{20} Ne5-f3{26}
21. Qe2-f3{18} e6-e5{22}
22. Nd4-c2{18} e5-e4{92}
23. Qf3-e3{20} Qg5-d5{46}
24. Nb7-c5{26} Bd7-f5{30}
25. Ra1-d1{20} Qd5-e5{28}
26. Qe3-d4{22} Rf8-e8{120}
27. Nc2-e3{24} Qe5-d4{22}
28. Rd1-d4{20} Bf5-g6{40}
29. c3-c4{22} Ra8-c8{48}
30. Nc5-b7{20} Rc8-c7{40}
31. Nb7-d6{50} Re8-b8{32}
32. Ne3-d5{78} Nf6-d5{54}
33. Rd4-d5{20} Rc7-e7{40}
34. c4-c5{18} Kg8-h8{38}
35. f2-f4{20} f7-f6{26}
36. f4-f5{24} Bg6-h5{74}
37. Re1-e4{18} Re7-e4{22}
38. Nd6-e4{22} Bh5-e8{44}
39. Ne4-d6{42} Be8-c6{36}
40. Rd5-d4{18} Kh8-g8{36}
41. Kg1-f2{20} h7-h6{28}
42. Rd4-g4{20} Kg8-f8{28}
43. Kf2-e3{20} h6-h5{26}
44. Rg4-g6{22} a7-a5{74}
45. Ke3-d3{22} Rb8-b4{50}
46. g2-g3{24} h5-h4{48}
47. Kd3-c3{26} h4-g3{20}
48. h2-g3{22} Bc6-d5{22}
49. Nd6-c4{24} Bd5-c4{22}
50. b3-c4{20} Kf8-g8{40}
51. Kc3-d4{18} Rb4-b2{76}
52. c5-c6{18} Rb2-b6{42}
53. Kd4-d5{20} Rb6-b8{20}
54. c6-c7{18} Rb8-c8{116}
55. Kd5-c6{24} Rc8-f8{22}
56. Rg6-g4{20} Kg8-h7{114}
57. Rg4-h4{18} Kh7-g8{0}
58. Rh4-d4{20} g7-g5{50}
59. f5-g6{20} Kg8-g7{36}
60. Rd4-d8{20} Rf8-d8{24}
61. Qc7-d8{Q}{32} Kg7-g6{44}
62. Kc6-d5{24} a5-a4{38}
63. Qd8-g8{16} Kg6-h6{0}
Jester: (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...181&game=Chess

In this game GetClub lost a pawn in middle game. I was thinking it
will save the pawn with Rook but it do not. And after a long fight
Jester got the Queen and win.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 6th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 5, 6:56*am, Sanny wrote:

I played 3-4 games against Rybka with the Hope Easy Level will beat
Rybka. But whenever the position is good for GetClub, I find Rybka
disconnects giving error.

I tried 3-4 games between Rybka & GetClub each time when GetClub is at
advantage Rybka gives error and stops.

We've been over this before.

There is a problem with certain interfaces and the Rybka
engine, in which the program appears to "refuse to think"
and fixes on a given reply. For instance, if Rybka sees a
forced mate-in-eight she may refuse to "think" about the
position, and /gives the appearance/ of having locked up
without having decided on a move. In reality, she did
select a move, and from that point forward will behave in
the same manner, "refusing to think" about the position
at mate-in-seven, at mate-in-six, and so forth.

This problem can easily be detected by examining the
position with another decent chess program, which will
also find the forced mate. Another idea would be to go
into setup-a-position and change something, then
change it right back again; now restart the engine and
hopefully she will not find the mate right away, but show
a few lines of her iterative search before perhaps
appearing to lock up again. In some cases, it may not
be checkmate but soemthing else which brings on the
deep freeze.

This is very annoying but as with other primmadonna
world champions, you can't have true genius without
sacrificing somewhere else. (Well, actually, you can;
just buy a better interface or use a different version of
the engine.)

One more thing-- you said that each time GetClub
had the advantage, Rybka would freeze up. Just
exactly how much odds were you giving to the GC
program? Offhand, I would recommend QR odds,
but note that something must be done with Rybka's
contempt factor or she will unwittingly force draws
against her patzer opponent.

-- help bot

Old November 6th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"help bot" wrote in message

We've been over this before.

This problem can easily be detected by examining the
position with another decent chess program

Well there is your answer. GitClub is not "a decent chess program".

BTW, it is "losing", not "loosing"! I am continually amazed at the number
of people who get this wrong.

Old November 6th 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

I tried 3-4 games between Rybka & GetClub each time when GetClub is at
advantage Rybka gives error and stops.

* We've been over this before.

* There is a problem with certain interfaces and the Rybka
engine, in which the program appears to "refuse to think"
and fixes on a given reply. *For instance, if Rybka sees a

Rybka stopped after just 6 moves when GetClub King was sitting under
the Bunkers of Queen and Pawns.

And there was no threath on GetClub at all. So no chances of any Mate.

I use Online version which disconnects often and mostly when GetClub
has good position.

In one game GetClub was a pawn up.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 6th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

* Hey-- I can't even name the language Sanny learned
as a child, let alone make those kinds of mistakes in
his native language. *I think he's doing very well with
English... but poorly with logic; and the more I read

I know 6 languages.

1. English
2. Hindi
3. Bengali
4. Urdu
5. Sanskrit
6. Native Language
7. A few words of Chinese

Bye
Sanny

Old November 6th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"Sanny" wrote in message

I know 6 languages.

Wonderful. Are you as bad in them as you are in programming, logic, chess
and web site design?

Old November 6th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 6, 1:38*am, Sanny wrote:

I know 6 languages.

6. Native Language

Your native language has no name??