Old November 19th 08, 08:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub improved by 30% today.

Today a few codes were optimised So that will speed up the GetClub's
game.

I have got a few ideas of improvements That I will use in downloaded
program. But at the moment I have halted further improvements.

I am not sure I will get back the money and Time I invest in this
Chess Program. As it is not a profitable business.

The Market is crowded with 100s of Chess engines So very difficult to
get sales.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 19th 08, 09:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 19, 3:50*am, Sanny wrote:

I have got a few ideas of improvements That I will use in downloaded
program. But at the moment I have halted further improvements.

I am not sure I will get back the money and Time I invest in this
Chess Program. As it is not a profitable business.

The Market is crowded with 100s of Chess engines So very difficult to
get sales.

Exactly. Ever since I bought my first computer,
I noticed that there were not one, but a number of
competing chess programs on the market.

As the strength of the average program began
to approach that of most tournament players, the
number of choices increased and there seemed
to be considerable /competition/ among the
professional and amatuer programmers in this
field.

I am reminded a bit of the competition in the
realm of openings theory I witnessed among
stronger chess players in my area, many years
ago. Some of these guys would come to
tournaments "armed to the teeth" with traps,
winning many of their games by rote, as it
were. These same people would show how,
in some big-money events, they had suffered
the same fate themselves against IMs and
GMs, who had simply out-booked them.

When I read discussions here in rgc about
some of the latest techniques in chess
programming, I realize it has become very
complex-- even discounting the complexity
of the rules of chess themselves.

The fact that the top-rated programs have
chucked the idea of selective search in
favor of sophisticated brutality appears to
render hopeless the idea of a newbie trying
to catch up and surpass these specialized
experts in the realm of chess, or just get
lucky.

The final blow is finding that older versions
of 3000+ rated chess engines are now
available for free. How are you to try and
"compete", when outmoded engines can
be had at zero cost, and which will likely
trounce even a lifetime of effort on your
part? In sum, hang it up. There is no
money to be had in amatuers fiddling
around with chess engines.

If you think you can get people to come
to your Web site, that is a different story.
Perhaps you can make money with ads--
but know that there are already numerous
other sites which feature chess; too many,
perhaps. And in this era of massively
multiplayer role-playing games with their
awesome graphics, chess is essentially
a dead end. Only if you could somehow
create a first-person shooter chess
game and incorporate it into a MMRPG,
would you have a ghost of a chance.

Dare I say it? Chess is, well, boring.

We had a boost from the introduction
of chess ratings, and another from the
development of strong chess computers,
but now that humans are outmoded in
chess, it's inevitable that this game will
become a mere prop in Hollywood
movies-- a device to indicate that some
charatcer is supposedly intelligent, or at
least a clever, calculating foe. The end
is near.

-- doom bot

Old November 20th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

That was a interesting read doom bot..

Old November 20th 08, 06:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Heres a game between Master Level and Glaurang at 2 sec / move.

Game was equal till 35th move. But suddenly there was a huge attack on
the King and GetClub lost in 40th move.

Game Played between peter and master at GetClub.com

peter: (Black)
master: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...811&game=Chess

White -- Black
(master) -- (peter)

1. e2-e4{2} c7-c5{8}
2. Ng1-f3{0} Nb8-c6{6}
3. Nb1-c3{0} d7-d6{6}
4. Bf1-c4{1114} Ng8-f6{8}
5. d2-d4{936} c5-d4{8}
6. Nf3-d4{514} e7-e6{8}
7. Bc1-e3{866} Bf8-e7{10}
8. Nd4-c6{362} b7-c6{10}
9. Qd1-d3{4804} d6-d5{10}
10. e4-d5{1014} e6-d5{12}
11. Bc4-b3{1220} Ke8-g8{10}
12. Ke1-c1{698} a7-a5{16}
13. f2-f3{4812} Bc8-e6{12}
14. Be3-d4{640} Qd8-b8{514}
15. g2-g3{674} Nf6-d7{10}
16. Bb3-a4{1022} Qb8-b7{18}
17. Rh1-e1{474} Rf8-b8{16}
18. b2-b3{368} Be7-a3{18}
19. Kc1-b1{774} Nd7-b6{10}
20. Bd4-b6{1176} Qb7-b6{10}
21. Re1-e5{616} Ba3-d6{14}
22. Re5-h5{344} g7-g6{12}
23. Rh5-h6{1064} Bd6-f8{14}
24. Rh6-h4{470} Bf8-g7{26}
25. Nc3-e2{568} Be6-f5{14}
26. Qd3-d2{436} c6-c5{10}
27. Kb1-c1{552} Qb6-a6{18}
28. Rd1-e1{1042} Rb8-d8{22}
29. Ne2-g1{388} Ra8-b8{60}
30. Qd2-e3{486} Qa6-f6{40}
31. Kc1-d2{1058} Qf6-b2{14}
32. Re1-c1{1174} d5-d4{30}
33. Qe3-g5{966} h7-h6{10}
34. Qg5-f4{1652} d4-d3{146}
35. Ba4-d7{368} Bg7-c3{18}
36. Kd2-e3{412} Qb2-c1{398}
37. Ke3-f2{0} Qc1-c2{6}
38. Kf2-f1{368} d3-d2{966}
39. Qf4-d2{0} Qc2-d2{16}
40. Bd7-f5{588}
peter: (Black)
master: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...811&game=Chess

What do you think about this game. Was GetClub playing good game?

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
Old November 20th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 20, 6:16*am, Sanny wrote:
Heres a game between Master Level and Glaurang at 2 sec / move.

Game was equal till 35th move. But suddenly there was a huge attack on
the King and GetClub lost in 40th move.

It was never equal after move 15 where black missed an opportunity but
slid inexorably downhill from there.
Things really got bad after the white rook went looking for trouble
and found it.

Game Played between peter and master at GetClub.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
peter: (Black)
master: (White)
Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
View Recorded Game:http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...811&game=Chess
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

White -- Black
(master) -- (peter)

1. e2-e4{2} c7-c5{8}
2. Ng1-f3{0} Nb8-c6{6}
3. Nb1-c3{0} d7-d6{6}
4. Bf1-c4{1114} Ng8-f6{8}
5. d2-d4{936} c5-d4{8}
6. Nf3-d4{514} e7-e6{8}
7. Bc1-e3{866} Bf8-e7{10}
8. Nd4-c6{362} b7-c6{10}
9. Qd1-d3{4804} d6-d5{10}
10. e4-d5{1014} e6-d5{12}
11. Bc4-b3{1220} Ke8-g8{10}
12. Ke1-c1{698} a7-a5{16}
13. f2-f3{4812} Bc8-e6{12}
14. Be3-d4{640} Qd8-b8{514}
15. g2-g3{674} Nf6-d7{10}

Glarung here misses 15. .. c5 followed by 16. ... c4
which shortens the game considerably.

Several times in this game Qe3 would be a good move but white ignores
it.

However, he doesn't have to wait long for a lemming like move.

22. Re5-h5{344} g7-g6{12}

Rh5 is your undoing.

34. Qg5-f4{1652} d4-d3{146}

Things are now so bad that Rxh6 is preferable to the move played.

35. Ba4-d7{368} Bg7-c3{18}

35. Ne2 is the only way to defend the R on c1
Whites Q & R remain ready for a pawn fork.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Old November 20th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Martin Brown writes:

On Nov 20, 6:16*am, Sanny wrote:
[...]

Glaurung initially likes Nd7 best, then after 3.8s switches to c5,
then after 99s at ply 18 switches back to Nd7 again. It still prefers
Nd7 after 400s at ply 20. After manually making the move 15 ... c5,
glaurung comes up with the following analysis:

depth=20 -0.76 Bxf6 c4 Bxe7 cxd3 Bxf8 dxc2 Kxc2 Bf5+ Kc1 Qxf8 Rhe1 Rc8 Rxd5 g6
Bc2 Be6 Rd2 Qc5 f4 Rb8 Re5 Qb6 Rb5 Qg1+ Rd1
Nodes: 305574871 NPS: 4371600
Time: 00:01:09.90

22. Re5-h5{344} g7-g6{12}

Rh5 is your undoing.

Glaurung agrees. After Rh5 it was "game over".

--
Peter Osterlund -
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340