Old November 26th 08, 08:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Very difficult to win at GetClub.

Now, it is very difficult to win at GetClub as a few strategy were
corrected.

Now, you cannot sit and wait for the program to do mistake and then
win the game. Only way to win is by using better tactics.

Yes, Tactics is still inferior than strategy as it do not think to
high depth.

Here is a game with Jester.

Game Played between Jester and beginner at GetClub.com

Jester : (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...108&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Jester) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{20} Ng8-f6{0}
2. e4-e5{12} Nf6-d5{0}
3. d2-d4{6} d7-d6{0}
4. c2-c4{6} Nd5-b6{0}
5. e5-d6{6} e7-d6{6}
6. Nb1-c3{8} Nb8-c6{14}
7. Bc1-e3{14} Bc8-f5{82}
8. Ng1-f3{10} Bf8-e7{82}
9. Bf1-e2{10} Ke8-g8{22}
10. Ke1-g1{12} Bf5-g4{6}
11. Qd1-d3{12} Be7-h4{42}
12. h2-h3{10} Nc6-b4{32}
13. Qd3-e4{12} Bg4-f3{6}
14. Qe4-f3{10} Nb4-c2{12}
15. Ra1-b1{10} Ra8-b8{20}
16. g2-g3{12} Bh4-f6{6}
17. Be2-d3{12} Nc2-b4{10}
18. Qf3-d1{12} Rf8-e8{74}
19. Rf1-e1{12} Nb4-d3{6}
20. Qd1-d3{10} Re8-e6{32}
21. b2-b3{10} d6-d5{10}
22. c4-c5{10} Nb6-c8{10}
23. Be3-f4{10} a7-a6{20}
24. Re1-e6{10} f7-e6{8}
25. Rb1-e1{12} Nc8-e7{12}
26. Qd3-e3{26} Qd8-c8{14}
27. Qe3-e6{10} Qc8-e6{10}
28. Re1-e6{4} Rb8-c8{8}
29. Re6-e1{14} c7-c6{22}
30. Bf4-e5{12} Bf6-g5{6}
31. f2-f4{10} Bg5-h6{6}
32. g3-g4{8} Ne7-g6{18}
33. g4-g5{10} Ng6-h4{8}
34. Re1-f1{12} Rc8-e8{16}
35. g5-h6{10} g7-g6{14}
36. Kg1-f2{10} Nh4-f5{40}
37. Rf1-e1{10} Kg8-f7{22}
38. Nc3-d1{10} Re8-e6{16}
39. Nd1-e3{10} Nf5-h6{6}
40. a2-a3{10} Re6-e8{46}
41. Kf2-f3{10} Nh6-g8{12}
42. f4-f5{36} g6-f5{0}
43. Ne3-f5{10} Kf7-g6{6}
44. Kf3-f4{10} Re8-f8{6}
45. Re1-g1{10} Kg6-f7{0}
46. Be5-d6{12} Rf8-e8{6}
47. Rg1-g7{10} Kf7-f6{8}
48. Bd6-e5{12} Kf6-e6{0}
49. Nf5-d6{10} Re8-f8{8}
50. Kf4-e3{8} b7-b6{10}
51. c5-b6{10} h7-h6{6}
52. Rg7-g2{12} Ke6-d7{70}
53. b6-b7{10} Ng8-e7{6}
54. Rg2-g7{12} Kd7-e6{6}
55. Ke3-d2{14} Ne7-g8{10}
56. Nd6-c8{10} Rf8-f2{12}
57. Kd2-e1{10} Rf2-f7{14}
58. Qb7-b8{Q}{12} Rf7-g7{6}
Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...108&game=Chess

You can see till 25th move the gsme was equal but later GetClub lost a
pawn due to tactical mistake. There was no way to save that pawn.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 26th 08, 10:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
ave ave is offline

You can see till 25th move the gsme was equal but later GetClub lost a
pawn due to tactical mistake. There was no way to save that pawn.

I'm still confused how you can claim that it is "very difficult to win" and,
in the same post, show a game where GetClub loses against someone it
typically loses against....

I find it strange and amusing both tbh.

ave

Old November 26th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

You can see till 25th move the gsme was equal but later GetClub lost a
pawn due to tactical mistake. There was no way to save that pawn.

I'm still confused how you can claim that it is "very difficult to win" and,
in the same post, show a game where GetClub loses against someone it
typically loses against....

The game played by GetClub was too good. Till 25th move the game was
equal. In general earler GetClub used to get behind in pieces in just
20 moves. Now GetClub played till 60 Moves. Earlier GetClub used to
loose in just 45 moves. So +15 moves were needed to win.

I find it strange and amusing both tbh.

Every player looses sometimes. But I am concerned about the gameplay
and not the result.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 26th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
ave ave is offline

The game played by GetClub was too good. Till 25th move the game was
equal. In general earler GetClub used to get behind in pieces in just
20 moves. Now GetClub played till 60 Moves. Earlier GetClub used to
loose in just 45 moves. So +15 moves were needed to win.

I'm not really one to judge how well it played upto the 25th move. However I
do know that just because it takes more moves to beat doesn't necessarily
mean GetClub is playing better in general. I'll admit that GetClub improves
over time, from other peoples reports, but also that GetClub still doesn't
play very good chess in general.

Every player looses sometimes.

True, but GetClub doesn't appear to only lose "sometimes".

ave

Old November 26th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (17:26) schrieb:

Every player looses sometimes.

There's a difference between sometimes and all of the time.

But I am concerned about the gameplay and not the result.

And I though good gameplay leads to victory.

mfg, simon .... l

Old November 28th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 26, 12:05 am, Sanny wrote:

high depth.

Wow!

Wlod
Old November 28th 08, 09:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

Now, it is very difficult to win at GetClub as a few strategy were
corrected.

Sorry Sanny but if Jester can beat it at all then it isn't that hard.

Now, you cannot sit and wait for the program to do mistake and then
win the game. Only way to win is by using better tactics.

I would refer you to GCs moves 30 and 32 which are lamentable.

Yes, Tactics is still inferior than strategy as it do not think to
high depth.

It seems to be still quite capable of trapping its own bishop in a
corner - this borders on a helpmate style of play!

White -- Black
(Jester) -- (beginner)

[snip]

It went adrift with 23. ... a6
On eof Ne7, Qd7 or RxR would be OK,

30. Bf4-e5{12} Bf6-g5{6}

This is dreadful. Whites reply is obvious and immediately dangerous.
Kf7 or Nf5 would be OK. Bg5 is *so* bad that BxB would be better.

31. f2-f4{10} Bg5-h6{6}
32. g3-g4{8} Ne7-g6{18}

WTF.The only way to save the bishop is one of g5 or g6
The knight fork threat is illusory.

GC is dead in the water from here on.

Regards,
Martin Brown