Old December 27th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Chessdon on the Coming USCF Election

On Dec 27, 2:55*pm, samsloan wrote:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?12529296

* This is the sort of idiocy we've come to expect
from Mr. Sloan. *In an apparent effort to substantiate
his claim that Dr. IMnes has not been a USCF
member since 1996, Mr. Sloan provides a link to
a crosstable... proving only that Dr. IMnes has not
played USCF-rated chess since then. * As we all
know, one can easily be a member of the USCF
without playing any rated games whatever.

Unless you were joking, that is a mistake.

The above link provides the names and expiration dates of all USCF
members regardless of whether they have played a rated game of chess
or not.

Thus, it shows that Phil Innes has not been a USCF member of any kind
since 1996.

Wrong. The link goes to a page which displays
the last five tournaments of Dr. IMnes, his last few
ratings, and his USCF ID number.

In order to see the membership expiration date
for Dr. IMnes, one would need to go to another
Web page, not the one in the above link. This is
because the page in this link is only intended to
convey information relating to Dr. IMnes'
impressive tournament results, from his
"tournament history".

FYI: I am in no way arguing that Dr. IMnes was
in fact a member later than the year 1996; all I'm
doing is pointing out how Mr. Sloan is incompe-
tent in such a simple matter as linking to the
correct Web page on which to find his member-
ship expiration date.

-- help bot
Old December 27th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Dec 27, 4:47*pm, help bot wrote:
[...]

'Impressive' to you, grasshopper, but personally I don't give a damn.
The truth is that pre-1990 USCF have no records that can be searched,
they having neglected them. I fully expect Dr Blur to respond
negatively to this message, and indeed substantiate my modest
greatness by virtue his special privileges.

* FYI: I am in no way arguing that Dr. IMnes was
in fact a member later than the year 1996; all I'm
doing is pointing out how Mr. Sloan is incompe-
tent in such a simple matter as linking to the
correct Web page on which to find his member-
ship expiration date.

Fair nuff. I just changed wallets, discarding crud I've carried
around since 1985, including 3 barely readable USCF membership cards,
which is proof of something or other.

Let true patzers decide what is true by suggesting it here. What can
be fairer than that?

Meanwhile I trash your game, as undetected by Fritz, friend, and this
is the arena of my current 'excellence', unvisited by the Sloan or any
critics.

Y'all just got to deal with the fact - or do as y'all do. ;(

Phil Innes

PS: I am certain soon to set up a board and analyse my own game v
Bornholz as you suggested it should be via Fritz. Local emergencies
and the local cat being inhibitions to concurrent analysis of your
brilliances.

* -- help bot

Old December 28th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

wrote:
[...]

Neither of you seem to have a clue. 1) If you click on the "General"
tab on the page Greg seems to find incomprehensible, it gives the
expiration date (12/31/1996, in Phil's case). 2) There are hard-copy
rating lists going back to the early 60s in existence (I won't say
"available," since I doubt anyone is going to lend you a copy).
They're just not on line. 3) If Phil is trying to imply that he had a
higher USCF rating prior to 1991, he's either lying of senile. He
started his first tournament in 1991 with an 11-game provisional
rating of 2139 (probably an import from FIDE or BCF). That was his all-
time high. Sorry, Phil, but inconvenient facts won't go away. Live
with it.
Old December 28th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Dec 27, 10:17*pm, wrote:

Neither of you seem to have a clue. 1) *If you click on the "General"
tab on the page Greg seems to find incomprehensible, it gives the
expiration date (12/31/1996, in Phil's case).

What a dimwit! This was exactly my point:
that Mr. Sloan had posted a link to the wrong
page-- the one which displays only the last
few rated events. Obviously, there are tabs at
top where one can /reach/ the page Mr. Sloan
ought to have linked directly to; what incredible
dafticity!

2) There are hard-copy
rating lists going back to the early 60s in existence (I won't say
"available," since I doubt anyone is going to lend you a copy).
They're just not on line.

I believe that was Dr. IMnes point, dimbulb;
that the USCF does not have online records
covering his alleged heyday-- the nearly an
IM results he imagines he turned in, long
ago.
The same concept applies to my /actual/
results: they aren't all displayed online. Can
you imagine the results for players even
older than we? Take, for instance, Larry
Parr; the official Web site might very well
suggest that he never even played rated
chess! It's simply no good for old folks
like us, except to track our inevitable
downfalls.

3) If Phil is trying to imply that he had a
higher USCF rating prior to 1991, he's either lying of senile.

A false dilemma; Dr. IMnes could well be
/both/. You really need to brush up on logic,
my boy. One needs to carefully sort out
any evidence of senility from the vast pre-
ponderence of lies and fabrications in Dr.
IMnes' postings; only then can we make
real headway in determinations regarding
his possible senility.

He started his first tournament in 1991 with an 11-game provisional
rating of 2139 (probably an import from FIDE or BCF). That was his all-
time high.

A while back, Dr. IMnes wrote a few posts
in which he related his recent aquisition of
the Rybka chess engine. Shortly thereafter,
the good doctor began to insert comments
as to how he was surging ahead, and even
defeating high-rated opponents in remote
play-- on the very same server on which Mr.
Mitchell then invited rgc posters to face off
against his idol. Connect the dots: the
good doctor is afraid of playing Sam Sloan
OTB, but PI is doing remarkably well in
remote play, ever since he met Ms. Rybka;
he seems all too eager to face off from the
safety of his remote terminal.

-- help bot