Old December 28th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

Default Chessdon on the Coming USCF Election

On Dec 27, 1:55*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Dec 27, 2:10*pm, help bot wrote:

On Dec 19, 5:44*pm, samsloan wrote:

Who is this "we", white man?

* I've always pictured Dr. IMnes as being purple in
color, with green spots. * How does Mr. Sloan get
"white"?

You have not been a USCF member since 1996.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?12529296

* This is the sort of idiocy we've come to expect
from Mr. Sloan. *In an apparent effort to substantiate
his claim that Dr. IMnes has not been a USCF
member since 1996, Mr. Sloan provides a link to
a crosstable... proving only that Dr. IMnes has not
played USCF-rated chess since then. * As we all
know, one can easily be a member of the USCF
without playing any rated games whatever.

* -- help bot

Unless you were joking, that is a mistake.

The above link provides the names and expiration dates of all USCF
members regardless of whether they have played a rated game of chess
or not.

Thus, it shows that Phil Innes has not been a USCF member of any kind
since 1996.

He did not even join to present his friend Boris from St. Petersburg
to a USCF board meeting that took place in March, 1999

Sam Sloan

Not so amazing is Ms. SLoans dodging the challenge.
Talk of this...
talk of that....
but never play "The Mitch"

Why? He can't. His ego is too tender. Mr Bot can vouch for my errant
moves, but Ms. Sloan lacks th estrogen to play.

Therefore, I win by default. Just as Karpov won in 1975.

The Mitch
Old December 28th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Dec 27, 11:22*pm, Rob wrote:

Not so amazing is Ms. SLoans dodging the challenge.
Talk of this...
talk of that....
*but never play "The Mitch"

Why? He can't. His ego is too tender. Mr Bot can vouch for my errant
moves, but Ms. Sloan lacks th estrogen to play.

Therefore, I win by default. Just as Karpov won in 1975.

Mr. Sloan has offered to school Mr. Mitchell
at some unspecified rate per lesson. But I
suspect the real issue is not who would win,
but rather, who is going to do the traveling?

In the case of Mr. Sloan versus Mr. IMnes,
or Mr. Kingston versus Mr. IMnes, or of Mr.
Sloan versus Mr. Kingston, the issue of
travel is not a big deal, for they all live in the
same general vicinity.

BTW, Mr. Karpov did not exactly win the
FIDE title by default; he in fact defeated the
exact same final opponent that Mr. Fischer
had played-- Boris Spassky! So then, who
did the running and ducking for cover back
in 1975? Obviously, nobody was smart
enough to duck BF back then. Even Art
Bisguier once awakened a sleeping BF,
not seeming to understand the inevitable
disaster this would entail. Was Mr. Karpov
smart enough? No. He wanted to get a
whoopin'. And was Mr. Kasparov smart
enough? Nope. He, too, wanted a good
thrashing. Even Deeper-than-DeepBlue
wanted a piece of Bobby Fischer, to
avenge the Greenblatt chess program's
decimation.

Heck, my new Rybka 4.0beta even wants
a piece of BF. It claims to have found
more than a few typos or wrong dates in
BF's classic My Sixty Memorable Games,
first edition. Custom designer Fing Sung
Sue claims that the new tactics engine
calculates "even faster than Bobby Fischer,
and has fewer loopy personality problems".

Let's face facts: Mr. Sloan has soundly
(ahem) defeated Mr. Brock-- a solid Class
player. His next victim should therefore
not be a Rob Mitchell, but rather a nearly
Expert level player, such as Dr. IMnes or
Mr. Kingston (two chaps who are scared
to death of Mr. Sloan).

-- help bot

Old December 28th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Dec 27, 11:50*pm, help bot wrote:
On Dec 27, 11:22*pm, Rob wrote:

[...]

Ms. Sloan is too afraid to play in open play over the internet. Why? I
suppose it is for the same reason he will not play Mr. Bot over the
internet. He expects EVERYONE to play as he would. Given the chance,
he would cheat. I will own my erronious play and savor the sloppy
moves. ButI will not back down from playing anyone. No matter how high
or how low their suspected level of play may be.

He won't play The Mitch? Then he looses by default.
The Mitch=1
Ms. Sloan= 0
Old December 28th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Dec 28, 1:29*am, Rob wrote:

Ms. Sloan is too afraid to play in open play over the internet. Why?

Greed. People like Mr. Sloan are reluctant to
give away for free that which they can charge
good money for, such as Mr. Mitchell's chess
lessons. My suggestion is that if Mr. Mitchell
desires more free lessons, he ought to ask me
or Dr. IMnes the 2450, not Mr. Sloan.

suppose it is for the same reason he will not play Mr. Bot over the
internet.

Where did this idea come from? Neither of
us has ever challenged the other to play from
the safety-net of our respective computers, as
far as I can recall. In fact, I imagine that doing
so would surrender my inherent advantage, for
while I have often played loony humans before,
Mr. Sloan has probably never played a bot;
this could throw him off his game a bit.

He won't play The Mitch? Then he looses by default.
*The Mitch=1
Ms. Sloan= 0

He looses what-- the Crackon? The dogs
of war? A plague upon mankind? Be more
specific.

-- help bot

Old December 28th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Dec 28, 2:27*pm, help bot wrote:
On Dec 28, 1:29*am, Rob wrote:

[...]

He Looses his trowsers.

I suggested Ms. Sloan play you some time back via the internet.

Experience is often a harsh teacher,but some will have no other. That
is where my lessons come from. The wages are high, but well worth the
effort. Should Ms. Sloan decide she wishes to "school" me, so be it. I
have been schooled by GM's(otb) as well as IMs , experts and class A
players. I think the real reason is.. Samantha is afraid she might
fall for the powerful draw of my magnetic personality and not be able
to justify perpetuating lies about me.

The Mitch