Old December 31st 08, 10:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Lubbock Newspaper Reports: Polgar "has no plans to resign"

Several Forum posters have asked whether Susan Polgar was given
another chance to resign before the USCF filed its latest lawsuit
against her. We now have the answer: She has no plans to resign and
will continue to fight against the "conspiracy" and the "corruption"
in the USCF.

The Lubbock Avalanche Journal in Lubbock Texas reports today

"Polgar told The Avalanche-Journal on Tuesday the federation's claims
have "no basis," but she and Truong declined to discuss the
accusations in detail, deferring questions to their Lubbock lawyer,
James Killion. They said they have no plans to resign from the board,
which she said they believe is corrupt and needs to be cleaned up.

"The chess couple's legal saga began in October 2007 when Sam Sloan,
who competed for a seat on the board at the same time as Truong and
Polgar, filed a federal lawsuit in New York, accusing the couple of
posting about 2,500 obscene Internet messages in his name, leading to
his election defeat."

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/123...72569920.shtml

"Polgar said the federation is using the courts to hurt her and her
nascent chess institute at Tech. The legal disputes have damaged the
institute, she said, leading to fundraising challenges and diverting
her attention from the institute. The Hungarian-born chess champion
and mother of two earlier this year filed a $25 million federal
lawsuit pending against the federation for slander.

"I believe it's a conspiracy. They are trying to destroy my
reputation. ... This whole thing is about trying to defame me and
libel my husband," said Polgar in a telephone interview with The A-J.

"Her husband made similar comments in a separate phone interview.

"We made a commitment to (the federation's) 80,000 members ... that we
were going to make this federation more efficient and clean up all
these disgusting, dirty politics. At the end, we will be vindicated,"
Truong said.
Old December 31st 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Who could have brought this litigation to the attention of the Lubbock,
TX press? Not me. :-) Maybe she'll sue the USCF for defamation---Oh,
wait. She's already done that. Note to Sue and The Killion Law
Firm--TRUTH is an absolute defense to a claim of defamation.

What Sam doesn't quote is the nice summary of Trolgar's skulduggery
contained in the article.