Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old January 2nd 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.accounting,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default What Is Redman's Real Agenda?

On Jan 2, 10:17*am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
Although I am not exactly on the best of terms with Tim Redman and I
am certainly not his spokesman, I am confident that I can answer this
question for him.


Tim Redman's "Real Agenda" is to do the job entrusted to him by the
USCF Delegates who created the LMA Committee and appointed Tim Redman
as Chairman of that committee.


The job he has been told to do by the delegates is to protect the Life
Member Assets form being misappropriated by the Crossville office.


Now, Tim Redman has a new job. His close friend Phil LeCornu has died
and left a bequest of $350,000 and Tim Redman wants to try to make
sure that the USCF Office does not waste this money on operations.


Brian, the fact that you have to ask questions like this indicates
that you may not be the most suitable candidate for election.


Sam Sloan


I'm glad to learn that you do not speak for Mr. Redman. The most cogent
question is why Mr. Redman proposes now to pay down the mortgage but did
not earlier with LMA funds.


The answer to that question is over on the other thread entitled
"Mortgage Proposal from LMA Chair".

However, David Quinn who, rumor has it, is also becoming a candidate,
has an interesting idea.

You may not be aware of this but Mr. Quinn has a PhD degree in
financial analysis and has held heavyweight jobs with financial
institutions such as Morgan Stanley.

Basically, the USCF office building in Crossville is worthless because
the mortgage we must pay off is more than the building is worth. The
remaining mortgage is $410,000 and the building in today's real estate
market in an isolated out-of-the-way place with no other structures
around it is worth only $50,000 or at the most $100,000.

Quinn posted on the USCF Issues Forum that upon examining the mortgage
documents, depending on what type of mortgage it is, we might be able
just to walk away from the building and not owe anything nor be
indebted to the mortgage provider.

So, before we do anything more on this issue, we need to get a hold of
the mortgage documents and see what they say.

Sam Sloan
  #2   Report Post  
Old January 2nd 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.accounting,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Nov 2008
Posts: 570
Default What Is Redman's Real Agenda?

samsloan wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:17 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
Although I am not exactly on the best of terms with Tim Redman and I
am certainly not his spokesman, I am confident that I can answer this
question for him.
Tim Redman's "Real Agenda" is to do the job entrusted to him by the
USCF Delegates who created the LMA Committee and appointed Tim Redman
as Chairman of that committee.
The job he has been told to do by the delegates is to protect the Life
Member Assets form being misappropriated by the Crossville office.
Now, Tim Redman has a new job. His close friend Phil LeCornu has died
and left a bequest of $350,000 and Tim Redman wants to try to make
sure that the USCF Office does not waste this money on operations.
Brian, the fact that you have to ask questions like this indicates
that you may not be the most suitable candidate for election.
Sam Sloan

I'm glad to learn that you do not speak for Mr. Redman. The most cogent
question is why Mr. Redman proposes now to pay down the mortgage but did
not earlier with LMA funds.


The answer to that question is over on the other thread entitled
"Mortgage Proposal from LMA Chair".

However, David Quinn who, rumor has it, is also becoming a candidate,
has an interesting idea.

You may not be aware of this but Mr. Quinn has a PhD degree in
financial analysis and has held heavyweight jobs with financial
institutions such as Morgan Stanley.


I'm very much aware of David's expertise and position.

If the USCF were not at the brink of being driven under by Trolgar
litigation costs (a conscious strategy by them, IMO, evidenced by this
proposal from their friend Redman who also proposed "mediation" by
Harold Winston), I would agree with you. If the issue is survival and
the bequest will make survival real, then that has to come first. The
real issue is litigation costs needlessly incurred due to two board
members.


Basically, the USCF office building in Crossville is worthless because
the mortgage we must pay off is more than the building is worth. The
remaining mortgage is $410,000 and the building in today's real estate
market in an isolated out-of-the-way place with no other structures
around it is worth only $50,000 or at the most $100,000.


Have you had an appraisal done of the Crossville building? If you
haven't, you're talking noting more than speculation.


Quinn posted on the USCF Issues Forum that upon examining the mortgage
documents, depending on what type of mortgage it is, we might be able
just to walk away from the building and not owe anything nor be
indebted to the mortgage provider.


If you walk away, meaning don't pay the mortgage, the mortgagor will
foreclose and the property will probably be sold at auction. Any
deficiency will be due and owing by the mortgagee. So forgive my
French, but what the devil are you thinking? On second thought,
consider that a rhetorical question. :-)

So, before we do anything more on this issue, we need to get a hold of
the mortgage documents and see what they say.

Sam Sloan

  #3   Report Post  
Old January 2nd 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.accounting,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default What Is Redman's Real Agenda?

On Jan 2, 1:02*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:17 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
Although I am not exactly on the best of terms with Tim Redman and I
am certainly not his spokesman, I am confident that I can answer this
question for him.
Tim Redman's "Real Agenda" is to do the job entrusted to him by the
USCF Delegates who created the LMA Committee and appointed Tim Redman
as Chairman of that committee.
The job he has been told to do by the delegates is to protect the Life
Member Assets form being misappropriated by the Crossville office.
Now, Tim Redman has a new job. His close friend Phil LeCornu has died
and left a bequest of $350,000 and Tim Redman wants to try to make
sure that the USCF Office does not waste this money on operations.
Brian, the fact that you have to ask questions like this indicates
that you may not be the most suitable candidate for election.
Sam Sloan
I'm glad to learn that you do not speak for Mr. Redman. The most cogent
question is why Mr. Redman proposes now to pay down the mortgage but did
not earlier with LMA funds.


The answer to that question is over on the other thread entitled
"Mortgage Proposal from LMA Chair".


However, David Quinn who, rumor has it, is also becoming a candidate,
has an interesting idea.


You may not be aware of this but Mr. Quinn has a PhD degree in
financial analysis and has held heavyweight jobs with financial
institutions such as Morgan Stanley.


I'm very much aware of David's expertise and position.

If the USCF were not at the brink of being driven under by Trolgar
litigation costs (a conscious strategy by them, IMO, evidenced by this
proposal from their friend Redman who also proposed "mediation" by
Harold Winston), I would agree with you. If the issue is survival and
the bequest will make survival real, then that has to come first. The
real issue is litigation costs needlessly incurred due to two board
members.

Basically, the USCF office building in Crossville is worthless because
the mortgage we must pay off is more than the building is worth. The
remaining mortgage is $410,000 and the building in today's real estate
market in an isolated out-of-the-way place with no other structures
around it is worth only $50,000 or at the most $100,000.


Have you had an appraisal done of the Crossville building? *If you
haven't, you're talking noting more than speculation.


No. No appraisal has been done on the building. During my year on the
board plus before and after my time on the board I have been demanding
that an appraisal be done on the building.

The answer always given by the Goichberg controlled board has been
that appraisals cost money and since we are not going to sell the
building why appraise it.

Obviously, I do not agree with this but that is what they said. They
did not disagree when, during the meeting in Stillwater, I said that
the building was not worth more than $50,000. In fact, Joel Channing,
who makes his living as a builder and a contractor, seemed to agree
with me.

It is true that both Winston and Redman have been asking the board to
settle their differences with the Polgar or Trollgar Group. Of course,
I disagree but you should not reject out-of-hand anything that Redman
writes. He has been USCF President twice, 1981-1984 and 2000-2001, so
he must know something about it, plus he is now Chairman of the LMA
Committee.



Quinn posted on the USCF Issues Forum that upon examining the mortgage
documents, depending on what type of mortgage it is, we might be able
just to walk away from the building and not owe anything nor be
indebted to the mortgage provider.


If you walk away, meaning don't pay the mortgage, the mortgagor will
foreclose and the property will probably be sold at auction. *Any
deficiency will be due and owing by the mortgagee. *So forgive my
French, but what the devil are you thinking? *On second thought,
consider that a rhetorical question. :-)


That is not a rhetorical question. I asked the same question.

He wrote on the USCF Issues Forum and you can look it up that in some
mortgages especially on newly constructed buildings you can walk away
from it and not have to pay anything.

That is the reason why we have to look at the mortgage documents and
see what they say.

Sam Sloan
  #4   Report Post  
Old January 2nd 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.accounting,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Nov 2008
Posts: 570
Default What Is Redman's Real Agenda?

samsloan wrote:
On Jan 2, 1:02 pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:17 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
Although I am not exactly on the best of terms with Tim Redman and I
am certainly not his spokesman, I am confident that I can answer this
question for him.
Tim Redman's "Real Agenda" is to do the job entrusted to him by the
USCF Delegates who created the LMA Committee and appointed Tim Redman
as Chairman of that committee.
The job he has been told to do by the delegates is to protect the Life
Member Assets form being misappropriated by the Crossville office.
Now, Tim Redman has a new job. His close friend Phil LeCornu has died
and left a bequest of $350,000 and Tim Redman wants to try to make
sure that the USCF Office does not waste this money on operations.
Brian, the fact that you have to ask questions like this indicates
that you may not be the most suitable candidate for election.
Sam Sloan
I'm glad to learn that you do not speak for Mr. Redman. The most cogent
question is why Mr. Redman proposes now to pay down the mortgage but did
not earlier with LMA funds.
The answer to that question is over on the other thread entitled
"Mortgage Proposal from LMA Chair".
However, David Quinn who, rumor has it, is also becoming a candidate,
has an interesting idea.
You may not be aware of this but Mr. Quinn has a PhD degree in
financial analysis and has held heavyweight jobs with financial
institutions such as Morgan Stanley.

I'm very much aware of David's expertise and position.

If the USCF were not at the brink of being driven under by Trolgar
litigation costs (a conscious strategy by them, IMO, evidenced by this
proposal from their friend Redman who also proposed "mediation" by
Harold Winston), I would agree with you. If the issue is survival and
the bequest will make survival real, then that has to come first. The
real issue is litigation costs needlessly incurred due to two board
members.

Basically, the USCF office building in Crossville is worthless because
the mortgage we must pay off is more than the building is worth. The
remaining mortgage is $410,000 and the building in today's real estate
market in an isolated out-of-the-way place with no other structures
around it is worth only $50,000 or at the most $100,000.

Have you had an appraisal done of the Crossville building? If you
haven't, you're talking noting more than speculation.


No. No appraisal has been done on the building. During my year on the
board plus before and after my time on the board I have been demanding
that an appraisal be done on the building.

The answer always given by the Goichberg controlled board has been
that appraisals cost money and since we are not going to sell the
building why appraise it.

Obviously, I do not agree with this but that is what they said. They
did not disagree when, during the meeting in Stillwater, I said that
the building was not worth more than $50,000. In fact, Joel Channing,
who makes his living as a builder and a contractor, seemed to agree
with me.

It is true that both Winston and Redman have been asking the board to
settle their differences with the Polgar or Trollgar Group. Of course,
I disagree but you should not reject out-of-hand anything that Redman
writes. He has been USCF President twice, 1981-1984 and 2000-2001, so
he must know something about it, plus he is now Chairman of the LMA
Committee.


Quinn posted on the USCF Issues Forum that upon examining the mortgage
documents, depending on what type of mortgage it is, we might be able
just to walk away from the building and not owe anything nor be
indebted to the mortgage provider.

If you walk away, meaning don't pay the mortgage, the mortgagor will
foreclose and the property will probably be sold at auction. Any
deficiency will be due and owing by the mortgagee. So forgive my
French, but what the devil are you thinking? On second thought,
consider that a rhetorical question. :-)


That is not a rhetorical question. I asked the same question.

He wrote on the USCF Issues Forum and you can look it up that in some
mortgages especially on newly constructed buildings you can walk away
from it and not have to pay anything.

That is the reason why we have to look at the mortgage documents and
see what they say.

Sam Sloan

You do indeed have to look at the mortgage document. It is what it is
what it is.
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Real Agenda for Chess in the C21st Chess One rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 33 July 3rd 07 02:08 PM
A Real Agenda for Chess in the C21st Chess One rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 33 July 3rd 07 02:08 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017