Old January 3rd 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Will Sam Sloan Pull A Polgar or Do the Right Thing

On Jan 3, 1:04*pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
On Jan 3, 12:51 pm, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
samsloan wrote:
On Jan 3, 11:09 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
Will he run for the USCF EB while suing the USCF in the Southern
District of New York? *I hope not. *Sam, please drop/discontinue the
USCF in your federal action. *As long as your appeal is pending the case
is still alive and you have a conflict to address as a candidate.
I'm betting Sam will do the right thing.
My suit is in the nature of a derivative suit where I am trying to
protect the corporation from those who are looting its assets.
It is a legal requirement in such suits that the subject corporation
be named as a defendant even though it is in reality the co-plaintiff..
So, there is no conflict of interest.
In addition, you are apparently not aware of this, but Bill Brock
still has a motion still pending in this case which his lawyer
recently renewed, so the case will stay alive until at least Bill
Brock's motion has been decided.
The case of Susan Polgar vs. USCF is entirely different. She is not
trying to protect the USCF from having its assets looted. Rather, she
is demanding that the USCF pay her $25 million for the damages that
she claims that the USCF has caused her.
Sam Sloan
Wrong, your suit is NOT in the nature of a derivative action. *NOT AT
ALL. *If you don't drop the USCF, I hope they keep you off the ballot.