Old January 7th 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Kasparov vs Karpov I990 24 game match , the names of theiropenings

This was 40 moves in 2 I/2 hours ..

The prize money was 3 MILLION $ , 5 eights go to the winner and 3 eights
to the loser and if they tie Kasp keeps his tital but the prize money
would be spilt equally .

Kasp said as black he studied The Kings Indian Defence and the
Grunfeld Defence - ultra - complicated , demanding , the maximum
concentration...He likes to study one hundred days but he only had 60
days...

Here are the openings ..

Game - 24 = English opening
Games - 9-I3-I5-I7 = Grunfeld Defence
Games - 3-5-7-II-I9- Kings Indian Gligoric Variation and Samisch
Variation in games
I-2I-23..
Game I0 = Petroffs Defence
Games 6 -8-I2-I8 Roy Lopez = Chigorin Variation and Games 2-4-20-22=
Zaitsev Variation ..
Games I4-I6 = Scotch Game .....

Kasp won game 2 - I6 - I8 - 20 -
Karp won games 7- I7 - 23----

Old January 7th 09, 06:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Kasparov vs Karpov I990 24 game match , the names of theirope...

After looking at the book again i belive the WCC should go back to 24
games ...

Kasparov talked about being meatally tired , these games lasted close
to 5 hours and a one or two 6 hours ..

In the 24 games Karpov was in time trouble a lot , he spent 4 I/2
hours longer on his moves than Gerry did...Gerry said time touble is a
warning on your age ....I am not sure what their ages are at this time
of their life ..