Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old January 8th 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,194
Default I SUPPORT THE CANDIDACY OF BRIAN LAFFERTY



Randall Kehrt wrote:
I, Randy Kehrt[*], a life member of the USCF, hereby nominate Brian
Lafferty to serve on the Executive Board. We badly need dedicated
people with his skills to rescue the USCF from its predicament.
I cannot recommend too highly the well thought out presentation at
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewuo9u/b...log/index.html
I am critical of those, like Sloan, who have litigated the USCF,
I commend Brian Lafferty for showing restraint. It is untenable in
law and sound ethics to stand for election to a body one is suing.
What ultimately decided me to plumb for Brian Lafferty were the two
attacks on him by Sloan that I'd read. There probably were more. On
this board Sloan, who never accomplished anything in his life aside
from causing misery to others, derided Brian Lafferty for being a
mere "Parking Violations Bureau administrative law judge". On the
infamous Sloan mailing list (which I do not receive because I have
his addresses on permanent block), I had forwarded to me an email
where Sloan refers to Brian Lafferty as a pompous ignoramus and
implies the only reason for Brian's candidacy is the $350k bequest
from the late, lamented, insightful and generous Phil LeCornu.
Someone who Sloan attacks like this just has to be honorable. So, I
wholeheartedly endorse Brian Lafferty's candidacy and platform, and
urge all delegates and members to do the same.
If Brian Lafferty is open to suggestions, he could do worse than to
ally himself with Donna Alarie and Mike Atkins on a "Clean up the
USCF" slate. It is imperative that the unfortunate events of the
last year do not provide some opportunity for Sloan to hoodwink
voters for the second time.
Randy Kehrt
Kansas City
USCF Life Member (number available, on request.)
* The reason for the parenthetical is that I have been reliably
informed that rec.games.chess is a cesspit of abuse. I warn anyone
considering libeling my good name that if they do they can expect
to hear from my attorneys.

wrote:
I have heard Mr. Lafferty express a lot of off-the-wall legal opinions
but this one takes it.
Lafftery is apparently not satisfied that the USCF is already involved
in seven lawsuits. He wants to make it eight
Mr. Lafferty, I have tried to be very polite to you since you claim to
be a lawyer but I cannot allow this ridiculous statement that you are
making to pass.
I am surprised that you do not seem to know this.
I guess that you do not know as much about law as you think
Brian, the fact that you have to ask questions like this indicates
that you may not be the most suitable candidate for election.

I AM LOOKING ON GOOGLE.COM FOR MORE



In order to nominate someone, you have to sign a petition with your
real name and USCF ID number.

If Sam Sloan told you not to jump off a bridge, would you jump?
  #2   Report Post  
Old January 12th 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2008
Posts: 11
Default I SUPPORT THE CANDIDACY OF BRIAN LAFFERTY

On Jan 8, 1:55*pm, wrote:
Randall Kehrt wrote:
I, Randy Kehrt[*], a life member of the USCF, hereby nominate Brian
Lafferty to serve on the Executive Board. We badly need dedicated
people with his skills to rescue the USCF from its predicament.
I cannot recommend too highly the well thought out presentation at
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewuo9u/b...ectionblog/ind...
I am critical of those, like Sloan, who have litigated the USCF,
I commend Brian Lafferty for showing restraint. It is untenable in
law and sound ethics to stand for election to a body one is suing.
What ultimately decided me to plumb for Brian Lafferty were the two
attacks on him by Sloan that I'd read. There probably were more. On
this board Sloan, who never accomplished anything in his life aside
from causing misery to others, derided Brian Lafferty for being a
mere "Parking Violations Bureau administrative law judge". On the
infamous Sloan mailing list (which I do not receive because I have
his addresses on permanent block), I had forwarded to me an email
where Sloan refers to Brian Lafferty as a pompous ignoramus and
implies the only reason for Brian's candidacy is the $350k bequest
from the late, lamented, insightful and generous Phil LeCornu.
Someone who Sloan attacks like this just has to be honorable. So, I
wholeheartedly endorse Brian Lafferty's candidacy and platform, and
urge all delegates and members to do the same.
If Brian Lafferty is open to suggestions, he could do worse than to
ally himself with Donna Alarie and Mike Atkins on a "Clean up the
USCF" slate. It is imperative that the unfortunate events of the
last year do not provide some opportunity for Sloan to hoodwink
voters for the second time.
Randy Kehrt
Kansas City
USCF Life Member (number available, on request.)
* The reason for the parenthetical is that I have been reliably
informed that rec.games.chess is a cesspit of abuse. I warn anyone
considering libeling my good name that if they do they can expect
to hear from my attorneys.


wrote:
I have heard Mr. Lafferty express a lot of off-the-wall legal opinions
but this one takes it.
Lafftery is apparently not satisfied that the USCF is already involved
in seven lawsuits. He wants to make it eight
Mr. Lafferty, I have tried to be very polite to you since you claim to
be a lawyer but I cannot allow this ridiculous statement that you are
making to pass.
I am surprised that you do not seem to know this.
I guess that you do not know as much about law as you think
Brian, the fact that you have to ask questions like this indicates
that you may not be the most suitable candidate for election.

*I AM LOOKING ON GOOGLE.COM FOR MORE


In order to nominate someone, you have to sign a petition with your
real name and USCF ID number.

If Sam Sloan told you not to jump off a bridge, would you jump?


I nominate Lafferty for Jackass of the Year.
  #3   Report Post  
Old January 12th 09, 10:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default I SUPPORT THE CANDIDACY OF BRIAN LAFFERTY

On Jan 12, 4:23*pm, wrote:
On Jan 8, 1:55*pm, wrote:





Randall Kehrt wrote:
I, Randy Kehrt[*], a life member of the USCF, hereby nominate Brian
Lafferty to serve on the Executive Board. We badly need dedicated
people with his skills to rescue the USCF from its predicament.
I cannot recommend too highly the well thought out presentation at
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewuo9u/b...ectionblog/ind....
I am critical of those, like Sloan, who have litigated the USCF,
I commend Brian Lafferty for showing restraint. It is untenable in
law and sound ethics to stand for election to a body one is suing.
What ultimately decided me to plumb for Brian Lafferty were the two
attacks on him by Sloan that I'd read. There probably were more. On
this board Sloan, who never accomplished anything in his life aside
from causing misery to others, derided Brian Lafferty for being a
mere "Parking Violations Bureau administrative law judge". On the
infamous Sloan mailing list (which I do not receive because I have
his addresses on permanent block), I had forwarded to me an email
where Sloan refers to Brian Lafferty as a pompous ignoramus and
implies the only reason for Brian's candidacy is the $350k bequest
from the late, lamented, insightful and generous Phil LeCornu.
Someone who Sloan attacks like this just has to be honorable. So, I
wholeheartedly endorse Brian Lafferty's candidacy and platform, and
urge all delegates and members to do the same.
If Brian Lafferty is open to suggestions, he could do worse than to
ally himself with Donna Alarie and Mike Atkins on a "Clean up the
USCF" slate. It is imperative that the unfortunate events of the
last year do not provide some opportunity for Sloan to hoodwink
voters for the second time.
Randy Kehrt
Kansas City
USCF Life Member (number available, on request.)
* The reason for the parenthetical is that I have been reliably
informed that rec.games.chess is a cesspit of abuse. I warn anyone
considering libeling my good name that if they do they can expect
to hear from my attorneys.


wrote:
I have heard Mr. Lafferty express a lot of off-the-wall legal opinions
but this one takes it.
Lafftery is apparently not satisfied that the USCF is already involved
in seven lawsuits. He wants to make it eight
Mr. Lafferty, I have tried to be very polite to you since you claim to
be a lawyer but I cannot allow this ridiculous statement that you are
making to pass.
I am surprised that you do not seem to know this.
I guess that you do not know as much about law as you think
Brian, the fact that you have to ask questions like this indicates
that you may not be the most suitable candidate for election.
*I AM LOOKING ON GOOGLE.COM FOR MORE


In order to nominate someone, you have to sign a petition with your
real name and USCF ID number.


If Sam Sloan told you not to jump off a bridge, would you jump?


I nominate Lafferty for Jackass of the Year.- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


I'm sure you'll still be able to beat him out of that honor.
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017