Old January 9th 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default I SUPPORT THE CANDIDACY OF BRIAN LAFFERTY

On Jan 9, 6:34*pm, "Randall Kehrt" wrote:
I, Randy Kehrt[*],

do us a favor randy, if pro or anti Lafferty,via your endorsement of
him every day, sign your name to your opinons, or **** off

what do you think anything else is worth?

get some balls or shutta the mouth, huh

Phil Innes

a life member of the USCF, hereby nominate Brian
Lafferty to serve on the Executive Board. We badly need dedicated
people with his skills to rescue the USCF from its predicament.
I cannot recommend too highly the well thought out presentation athttp://mysite.verizon.net/vzewuo9u/brianlaffertysuscfelectionblog/ind...
I am critical of those, like Sloan, who have litigated the USCF,
I commend Brian Lafferty for showing restraint. It is untenable in
law and sound ethics to stand for election to a body one is suing.
What ultimately decided me to plumb for Brian Lafferty were the two
attacks on him by Sloan that I'd read. There probably were more. On
this board Sloan, who never accomplished anything in his life aside
from causing misery to others, derided Brian Lafferty for being a
mere "Parking Violations Bureau administrative law judge". On the
infamous Sloan mailing list (which I do not receive because I have
his addresses on permanent block), I had forwarded to me an email
where Sloan refers to Brian Lafferty as a pompous ignoramus and
implies the only reason for Brian's candidacy is the $350k bequest
from the late, lamented, insightful and generous Phil LeCornu.
Someone who Sloan attacks like this just has to be honorable. So, I
wholeheartedly endorse Brian Lafferty's candidacy and platform, and
urge all delegates and members to do the same.
If Brian Lafferty is open to suggestions, he could do worse than to
ally himself with Donna Alarie and Mike Atkins on a "Clean up the
USCF" slate. It is imperative that the unfortunate events of the
last year do not provide some opportunity for Sloan to hoodwink
voters for the second time.
Randy Kehrt
Kansas City
USCF Life Member (number available, on request.)
* The reason for the parenthetical is that I have been reliably
informed that rec.games.chess is a cesspit of abuse. I warn anyone
considering libeling my good name that if they do they can expect
to hear from my attorneys.

wrote:
I have heard Mr. Lafferty express a lot of off-the-wall legal opinions
but this one takes it.
Lafftery is apparently not satisfied that the USCF is already involved
in seven lawsuits. He wants to make it eight
Mr. Lafferty, I have tried to be very polite to you since you claim to
be a lawyer but I cannot allow this ridiculous statement that you are
making to pass.
I am surprised that you do not seem to know this.
I guess that you do not know as much about law as you think
I recommend that you go down to your local Barnes and Noble Bookstore,
buy and read a copy of my book and study it carefully, before you try
to commit the USCF to another expensive and ultimately unsuccessful
lawsuit.
So, there is no conflict of interest. In addition, you are apparently
not aware of this
Brian, the fact that you have to ask questions like this indicates
that you may not be the most suitable candidate for election.
it would appear that Mr. Lafferty is running on the Ms. Polgar slate.

A good point and very funny.
As a lawyer he probably cannot help himself lying