Old January 15th 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default A Post that USCF Forum Members Are Not Allowed to Read

Here is the aforementioned post that was not allowed by the moderators
to appear because it said that Goichberg had made statements that were
"untrue":

122812 :Bill Goichberg and "One Man One Vote"

Sent at: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:51 pm
From: tsawmiller
To: samsloan
Disallowed for accusations of lying.
Why couldn't you just have pointed out the stuff he didn't do that he
is supposed to do, without the gratuitous accusations of lying? It
would carry more weight that way and you would appear more statesman-
like.

You need a campaign manager.....

Please not Karl Rove though!

Subject: 122812 :Bill Goichberg and "One Man One Vote"

samsloan wrote:

Grayson wrote:As I'm generally only able to play in
tournaments that are scheduled many months in advance, I play almost
exclusively in Continental Chess tournaments and thus have had the
chance to observe him two or three times in different states at
different tournaments. I certainly don't know him well, as our
discussions have been brief and only involved the play at the
tournaments he was directing. From my observations, I've found him
irrascible, but generally decent and reasonable (the latter word being
synonymous with "rational"). Moreover, I can read his posts with care
(both in terms of their content and in comparison to those of others).
I find his posts and written comments to be thoughtful and on point. I
don't always agree with him, but I agree with no one here all of the
time.

Based on the above, and because the comment passed on from the
"wag" is without support, it seems little more than a gratuitous
insult not worth repeating. I don't know what you were thinking.

"Grayson" a/k/a , GARY L WALTERS

Unfortunately, you have only seen the public Bill Goichberg, the
Bill Goichberg most of us see.

I sat for one year on the board with Bill Goichberg and I was able
to observe many false statements being made by Mr. Goichberg.

For example, the USCF bylaws require that the transcripts of all
board meetings be posted on the USCF website.

Since Bill Goichberg has been USCF President for the last four
years, not one transcript has been posted.

In addition, the tape recording of board meetings is supposed to
be posted. Only a few of them have been posted.

Were the transcripts and tapes to be posted, I would be able to
show you many, many untrue statements that Mr. Goichberg has made.

Old January 15th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

"samsloan" wrote in message

I was able
to observe many false statements being made by Mr. Goichberg.

For example,

hose non examples

Were the transcripts and tapes to be posted, I would be able to
show you many, many untrue statements that Mr. Goichberg has made.

There are extraterrestrials in Area 51.

If I had access to Area 51, I would be able to prove that there were
extraterrestrials in Area 51.

Therefore, there are extraterrestrials in Area 51.

Old January 15th 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

While I am far, far from being a fan of "the real Sam Sloan"
I do indeed believe that he did serve to create a greater
degree of transparency in the organization to the clear
dismay of those in charge. I would be surprised, no more
like shocked, if the indicated transcripts, meeting tapes,
confidential BINFOs and like were ever to be opened to the
membership. Indications are they people would be shocked
and apalled by the behavior of those who govern this NFP
Member Organization.
Old January 15th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Were the transcripts and tapes to be posted, I would be able to
show you many, many untrue statements that Mr. Goichberg has made.

There are extraterrestrials in Area 51.

If I had access to Area 51, I would be able to prove that there were
extraterrestrials in Area 51.

This analogy is imaginative but weak. Sloan claims that USCF bylaws
require that transcripts of board meetings be posted on the USCF
website but that this is not being done. He claims that such posting
would allow him, Sloan, to prove that Goichberg has made many untrue
statements, statements whose untruthfulness Sloan is personally aware
of by virtue of having served on the board.

The analogy seems constructed to paint Sloan as unreasonable, but I
see nothing unreasonable in insisting that USCF bylaws be followed,
and I see nothing unreasonable in critiquing leadership of an
organization seemingly enmashed in unnecessary difficulties.

Danny Purvis
Old January 15th 09, 06:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

"DannyPurvis" wrote in message
[...]

Please to be learning to read.

The Sloan said "I sat for one year on the board with Bill Goichberg and I
was able to observe many false statements being made by Mr. Goichberg. For
example . . . "

Following "for example," a person of normal intelligence would have
provided -- wait for it -- an example of a "false statement ... made by Mr.
Goichberg." Instead, the Sloan provided alleged reasons why he could not
provide such an example. You are left to take the Sloan's word as proof that
the allegation is true. What is unreasonable is the idea that anyone takes
the Sloan's word for anything.

Old January 15th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Following "for example," a person of normal intelligence would have
provided -- wait for it -- an example of a "false statement ... made by Mr.
Goichberg." Instead, the Sloan provided alleged reasons why he could not
provide such an example. You are left to take the Sloan's word as proof that
the allegation is true. What is unreasonable is the idea that anyone takes
the Sloan's word for anything.

My own impression is that Sloan is a skilled writer and a reliable
observer who in this case is making a forceful point, that transcripts
of board meetings are being withheld improperly from member perusal.
The criticism here of Sloan is typical of Sloan detractors, simple
mindless ad hominem.

Old January 15th 09, 08:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

"DannyPurvis" wrote in message

My own impression is that Sloan is a skilled writer and a reliable
observer

Sorry, I didn't know you were retarded.

Old January 15th 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Sorry, I didn't know you were retarded.

I like your consistency. To my observation that you traffic in
mindless ad hominem, your rejoinder is more mindless ad hominem.

There's no arguing with emptiness, but does that emptiness not
contrast strikingly with Sam Sloan's characteristic intelligence and
wit?
Old January 15th 09, 10:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

DannyPurvis wrote:
Sorry, I didn't know you were retarded.

I like your consistency. To my observation that you traffic in
mindless ad hominem, your rejoinder is more mindless ad hominem.

There's no arguing with emptiness, but does that emptiness not
contrast strikingly with Sam Sloan's characteristic intelligence and
wit?

During his term on the Board (well, before and after as well, but
let's be specific here), Sloan made many factual claims of misconduct
by Bill Goichberg and various others. At least 95% of these were
clearly false, and were quickly and publicly debunked. (I limit it to
95% because of the slight chance that he got something right by sheer
chance.) E.g. "Virtually all USCF financial records have been
destroyed." "Susan Polgar was paid $50,000 for Olympiad team
training." "Several candidates did not pay their election filing
fees." All false, all disproved. The problem is that Sloan waits a few
months, repeats the same paranoid fantasies, and credophiles like you
believe him. Mitt der Dummheit kampfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Old January 15th 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Jan 15, 5:46*pm, wrote:
DannyPurvis wrote:
[...]

None of them were disproved except that Polgar demanded to be paid
$50,000. She finally got $20,000 from the USCF and an undisclosed
amount (possibly the balance) from the Kasparov Chess Foundation.

Bill Hall still has refused to answer the point blank question of
whether Polgar and Truong paid $250 each to run for election in 2007.
It seems increasingly likely that they did not pay especially since,
as we now know, Truong was bankrupt.

Why does Bill Hall (and Bill Goichberg) still refuse to answer that
question? It has certainly been asked often enough.