Old January 28th 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Management Question for the Candidates

On Jan 27, 5:43*pm, samsloan wrote:
On Jan 27, 5:01*pm, None wrote:

On Jan 27, 3:47*pm, "B. Lafferty " wrote:

samsloan wrote:
On Jan 27, 2:30 pm, "B. Lafferty " wrote:

LOL. *Sam, length of membership is irrelevant--look at yourself. *You're
so ossified in so many ways.

It certainly is relevant. We have had people who joined the USCF and
shortly thereafter ran for the board. All of them turned out badly.
Some even got elected. Joel Channing is a recent example.

You joined the USCF less than two years ago and are not a chess
player. If you are elected, will you stick around for your four year
term on the board, or will you move on to something else?

Sam

Sam, you are such a putz. *I play around 30 to 40 games per week over
the internet. *I play over the board at least twice a week. *So, please
don't be insulting by labeling people as chessplayers or not. Better
that you stick to current issues.

Sam, you are such a putz. *I play around 30 to 40 games per week over
the internet. *I play over the board at least twice a week. *So,
please
don't be insulting by labeling people as chessplayers or not. Better
that you stick to current issues. - B. Lafferty

Maybe if you stick with it for another 48 years you'll be a 1900
player like Sam.

Have you looked at his rating:

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?13592564

Remarkable, for such an active player.

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

1803 ... 97 less than you
Old January 28th 09, 10:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Not quite. His rating is 1094, based on 18 games.
Old January 28th 09, 11:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
Quote:
Originally Posted by relyea
Whatever else, Mr. Lafferty merits
consideration, contrary to Mr. Sloan's opinion, because he willingly
answers questions put to them. One can think back to the last
election when, ironically, Mr. Lafferty asked two of the candidates if
they were married to each other and was immediately pilloried for his
personal attack. Hm. Maybe that's why he's being sued.

Alex Relyea
I have to agree with you. If you eliminate Lafferty and Mottershead,
then eliminate the three Polgar candidates, then eliminate the three
Goichberg candidates, you do not have much left.

The voters will have to make difficult decisions regarding
questionable choices.

Sam Sloan
Both Brian Mottershead and Brian Lafferty have been very helpful and
useful people during the Truong Wars.

However, running for the board is a different matter. They are too new
to the USCF and have too little knowledge of this organization, its
members and its history to be good board members.

On the other hand, your point it well taken. At least they are here.
The other eight candidates have given little or no information on how
they stand on the great issues facing the federation.