Old January 28th 09, 03:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,alt.politics.usa,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Comparing Gov. Blagojevich to Paul Truong

How many have been listening to the interviews of Illinois Governor
Blagojevich, who has been interviewed on all the major networks during
the last two days.

The amazing thing is how Gov. Blagojevich to Paul Truong have been
saying the same things. They seem to have the same script writer.

Another amazing coincidence is that they are both being tried in the
small town of Springfield, Illinois. Blagojevich is being tried for
impeachment by the Illinois State Senate, which is in the process of
removing him as Governor. Paul Truong is a defendant in state court in
Springfield, Illinois where the USCF is trying to have him removed
from the USCF Board.

Both Blagojevich and Paul Truong say that they cannot reveal their
defense at this point in time, but both will be vindicated in court.
Here is a quote from Governor Blagojevich. Does not this sound like
the things that Paul Truong has been saying?:

"And I'll have my day in court in the appropriate time, where I expect
to be vindicated. But they were told by the prosecutor that they can't
bring witnesses in to prove those allegations. In addition to that,
they can't prove something. I'm not allowed to disprove something that
they're not required to prove. And so my contention is it is a
fundamentally unfair process. They're suggesting that I did some
things that they can't prove up and I can't disprove because I can't
bring witnesses in."