Old February 4th 09, 03:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Candidacy of Brian Mottershead

We are discussing the candidacy of Brian Mottershead he

In general, I would support Brian Mottershead because I believe that
he provided a great service in producing the "Mottershead Report" at
great personal risk to himself, and also because he is highly
qualified and has great technical skills plus I tend to agree with his
postings to the forums.

However, I oppose Brian Mottershead because of what he plans to do
with the federation. He plans to reduce the USCF to a website, to
reduce Chess Life and Chess Life for Kids into ezines downloadable
from the Internet, to eliminate dues for scholastic members and reduce
the dues for adult members to $5, and to eliminate almost the entire
staff in the Crossville Office and probably the office itself.

I have been a USCF member since 1956. I believe that the organization
has been largely successful and I would like for the USCF to continue
much as it has for the past 70 years, except that I envision a
tremendous expansion of the USCF especially in the Scholastic Area.

If Brian Mottershead would change his platform into something more
reasonable, I would support him (except for the fact that I cannot
openly support anybody because my support would be the "kiss of
death").

I feel that if Brian Mottershead wants an organization like the one he
envisions, he should start one himself rather than trying to
fundamentally change the existing structure of the USCF.