Old February 14th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default The USCF's Lawsuit Problem

What about the fact that the USCF has been in existence for 70 years?

For 68 of those years, there was no significant or material litigation
involving the USCF.

For the last one and a half years the USCF has been mired in lawsuits.
There are seven lawsuits at last count and more rumored to be on the
way.

It can be demonstrated that our current president provoked every one
of those lawsuits. In addition, he tried to provoke another lawsuit
which did not materialize.

I wonder why he is running for re-election. I fail to understand why
anybody would vote for him.

Old March 27th 09, 06:40 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan View Post
What about the fact that the USCF has been in existence for 70 years?

For 68 of those years, there was no significant or material litigation
involving the USCF.

For the last one and a half years the USCF has been mired in lawsuits.
There are seven lawsuits at last count and more rumored to be on the
way.

It can be demonstrated that our current president provoked every one
of those lawsuits. In addition, he tried to provoke another lawsuit
which did not materialize.

I wonder why he is running for re-election. I fail to understand why
anybody would vote for him.

Sam Sloan
Interesting to know