Old February 15th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Sam Sloan for USCF Board Campaign has created a Flyer

I have created a campaign flyer for my election campaign for election
to the USCF Executive Board. The flyer is two pages long, in PDF
Format. It is intended to be printed out on two sides of a single
sheet of paper.

I ask my supporters (and for that matter my opponents and anybody else
at all) to print out this flyer, read it and, if they like it,
distribute it.

The flyer is downloadable at
http://www.anusha.com/sams-flyer.pdf

Thank you in advance.

Old February 16th 09, 12:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessoffice
And I think the delegates took care of our long
range planning with the new dues structure. This was projected to net
an extra $170,000 per year starting in 2010, and so far there is no
sign that this projection was too optimistic.

Bill Goichberg
That was the projection by Bill Goichberg. However, Mike Nolan did
some calculations that he showed on the forum and Nolan's conclusion
was that the new dues structure, which involves not sending Chess Life
magazine to "regular" members, would result in no "savings" at all.

Goichberg again shows his tendency to make misleading statements by
saying that this was something "the delegates took care of" when it
was actually Goichberg's idea and motion which he used his powers as
President to push through the delegate's meeting in Dallas, in which
only a brief debate was allowed.

Sam Sloan

Old February 16th 09, 03:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 15, 3:43*pm, samsloan wrote:
I have created a campaign flyer for my election campaign for election
to the USCF Executive Board. The flyer is two pages long, in PDF
Format. It is intended to be printed out on two sides of a single
sheet of paper.

I ask my supporters (and for that matter my opponents and anybody else
at all) to print out this flyer, read it and, if they like it,
distribute it.

The flyer is downloadable athttp://www.anusha.com/sams-flyer.pdf

Thank you in advance.

Sam Sloan

Please send as many flyers as you can. I can use them. I'm out of
toilet paper.
Old February 17th 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 16, 10:30*am, None wrote:
On Feb 15, 3:43*pm, samsloan wrote:

I have created a campaign flyer for my election campaign for election
to the USCF Executive Board. The flyer is two pages long, in PDF
Format. It is intended to be printed out on two sides of a single
sheet of paper.

I ask my supporters (and for that matter my opponents and anybody else
at all) to print out this flyer, read it and, if they like it,
distribute it.

The flyer is downloadable athttp://www.anusha.com/sams-flyer.pdf

Thank you in advance.

Sam Sloan

Please send as many flyers as you can. I can use them. I'm out of
toilet paper.

Fine. Just give me your name, address and telephone number and I will
send them right away.

Old February 17th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 17, 1:59*am, help bot wrote:
On Feb 15, 3:43*pm, samsloan wrote:

I have created a campaign flyer for my election campaign for election
to the USCF Executive Board. The flyer is two pages long, in PDF
Format. It is intended to be printed out on two sides of a single
sheet of paper.

I ask my supporters (and for that matter my opponents and anybody else
at all) to print out this flyer, read it and, if they like it,
distribute it.

The flyer is downloadable athttp://www.anusha.com/sams-flyer.pdf

* Apart from other issues, the fact remains that we
were told here -- by Mr. Sloan himself -- that the
last time he was on the board, he was unable to
get anything done (because of having only a
single vote).

* Now, what is the plan this time-- make the very
same mistake again, of getting on the board with
just the one, powerless vote? * *Wouldn't it be
wiser to let someone new have a crack at this--
someone who has not already demonstrated his
impotence, his inability to get anything done
while on the board? * Check my math, but I
believe that zero-for-one yields a batting average
of roughly .000, so even Rob Mitchell stands a
better chance of getting on base.

* -- help bot

At the beginning of my one year on the board, I was able to get some
things done which would not have been done otherwise. Here are some
examples:

1. I got the Expulsion of Bobby Fischer by the 2002 Board reversed.

2. I obtained copies of the 2003 Truong-Polgar-Niro Contract and the
DeFeis- Erik Anderson Contract which up until then had been "lost".

3. I got the office to make a CD of all income and expenses since 2001
where I discovered a number of questionable payments such as the
$13,358.36 that Goichberg paid Polgar in USCF Funds in November 2003
and the fact that three candidates were allowed to run for election
without paying the required $250 filing fees.

4. I got all the issues of Chess Life newspaper from 1947 to 1960
scanned where they are now available on CD.

5. Membership increased while I was on the board, the first and still
only time in a decade when that has happened.

6. There was a financial surplus which I was on the board, only the
second time since 1995 that that has happened.

The reason that more dramatic changes cound not take place was after
Tanner was forced off the board, there were only six members left,
Goichberg had two votes in his hip pocket, Hough and Channing. Neither
Hough nor Channing EVER voted against Goichberg. Therefore, there were
only three votes on my side, Schultz, Marinello and myself. Since Hall
was just Goichberg's yes-man who would do whatever Goichberg told him
to do, there were never enough votes to over rule or reverse anything
that Goichberg did.

After the coming election, the situation will be different. Even
assuming that Goichberg is re-elected (which is increasingly in doubt
as he seems to have little support, in fact I know of NOBODY, nobody
at all, who still supports Goichberg) Goichberg can not be the
president so he can not give any more secret instructions to Hall
(assuming that Hall survives the election). Channing resigned in
disgrace and Hough wisely is not running again. Bauer is not known for
his loyalty and Goichberg will not be able to count on him for support
on the new board.

So the new situation will be dynamic. I know that I will be pushing
for a reinstatement for Chess Life and Chess Life for Kids for ALL
members and for the USCF to start selling life memberships again. The
USCF will have to find a new vendor for books and equipment or to
start selling books and equipment itself again. Obviously, with the
current lawsuit by Hanon Russell against the USCF he cannot continue
as the vendor of USCF Books and Equipment.

So, the situation will be fluid and very dynamic especially at the
beginning. I think that the terrible things that Goichberg has done
during his four years in power will soon be swept into the dustbin of
USCF history. His four-year presidency will be just a bad memory. The
real danger facing the USCF is what will happen if the Polgar Group
wins the election and gains power. Everybody agrees that while
Goichberg is bad, Polgar is far, far worse.

In any event, my vote will consistently be for a return to the old way
of doing things, the way things were done prior to 1996. Prior to 1996
there was an increase in membership every year and profits every year.
The USCF had built up $2 million in the bank in the LMA. So that is
the way I want for the USCF to go back to doing business and my one
vote could be critical.

Old February 17th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 17, 1:30*am, samsloan wrote:
On Feb 16, 10:30*am, None wrote:

On Feb 15, 3:43*pm, samsloan wrote:

I have created a campaign flyer for my election campaign for election
to the USCF Executive Board. The flyer is two pages long, in PDF
Format. It is intended to be printed out on two sides of a single
sheet of paper.

I ask my supporters (and for that matter my opponents and anybody else
at all) to print out this flyer, read it and, if they like it,
distribute it.

The flyer is downloadable athttp://www.anusha.com/sams-flyer.pdf

Thank you in advance.

Sam Sloan

Please send as many flyers as you can. I can use them. I'm out of
toilet paper.

Fine. Just give me your name, address and telephone number and I will
send them right away.

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

You and IMnes may be the only two here who haven't figured out who I
be.
Old February 17th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 17, 1:11*pm, None wrote:

You and IMnes may be the only two here who haven't figured out who I
be.

Now you sound like the Rev. Dr. Calvin Abu Hindoo Qusz, Jr

Is that who you be?

Old February 17th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyShane
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan

I know that I will be pushing for a reinstatement for Chess Life and
Chess Life for Kids for ALL members and for the USCF to start selling
life memberships again.

Sam Sloan
Does this mean that you wish to get rid of the $29 no-paper-magazine
adult membership, and have everybody pay $42 (or some higher rate)
again?

-- Randy Shane
I favor a $39 rate for all adult memberships sold online. By the way,
$39 has never been the official rate.

Yes, I do not support and have never supported any no magazine
memberships. All members must receive a magazine.