Old February 20th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Tanstaafl Finally Starts to See the Light

On Feb 14, 10:37*pm, samsloan wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessoffice
Nobody is perfect, but I think if you compare
BillHallto most past USCF Executive Directors, he looks quite
good.

Bill Goichberg

This is hardly the standard. During the period 1999-2003 the USCF had
the two worst EDs imaginable. One was a liar, an idiot or both, the
other probably a thief.

It was during that four year period that the USCF lost two million
dollars. We know this happened, because the LMA went from having two
million in it in 1999 to having zero in it in 2003.

Now, Bill Goichberg is saying that the current ED is good, because he
is better than those two.

Sam Sloan

I have been notified that by a vote of 3-0 I have been suspended from
posting for one week on the USCF Issues Forum for making the above
statement. However, the suspension has not gone into effect while I
appeal.

I am appealing on several grounds.

DeFeis and Niro are not members of the "chess community" and nobody
knows what happened to either one of them. The rules say that you are
not supposed to say anything bad about anybody in "the chess world".
DeFeis and Niro are not in the World of Chess.

Also, this posting never appeared. It has been demonstrated that
between the two of them they lost over one million dollars in large
part due to fraud. They both posted profits when actually they were
losing money big time.

Neither George DeFeis nor Frank Niro are in the "chess world". DeFeis
was never in the chess community. The Executive Board decided to hire
a non-chess player and that proved to be the disaster that was DeFeis.
Frank Niro disappeared (with the USCF's money) six years ago in 2003.
Nobody knows where he is.

In addition, I have "substantial proof" that my statements are true. I
think that even Bill Goichberg, who usually disagrees with me, will
agree with me on this one.

George DeFeis and Frank Niro are the primary villains with regard to
the USCF. When DeFeis was appointed Executive Director of the USCF in
2000, the USCF had $2 million in the LMA. When Niro disappeared in
August, 2003 the LMA had zero balance. It is obvious that Niro went
into hiding to avoid criminal charges. We still do not really know
where he is.

Nobody can say who really lost the money between the two of them.
However, both of them were reporting big profits when they were in
office. The numbers that they provided proved to be fake.

I think that Goichberg and most of us who were active back then will
agree that there is more than sufficient "substantial proof" that my
statements were accurate.

I do not see how anybody can discuss the current financial problems of
the USCF without an explanation of how we got to where we are now.

I know of nobody who was active during the period 2000-2003 when
DeFeis and Niro were the executive directors who disagrees with my
characterization of them. How many FOC and MOC members were active
during the 2000-2003 period?

Sam Sloan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsawmiller
LEVEL TWO SANCTION

By a vote of three in favor, none opposed, the Moderation Committee is
imposing a
level two sanction on user SAMSLOAN (Sam Sloan) 11115292 as a result
of the
post on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm #127996 in the thread Financial
Issues Summary in the USCF Issues Forum.

The Moderation Committee considers this action to be appropriate
because this post violates the AUG as follows:

Do not make personal attacks or defamatory or disparaging comments
about anyone in the chess world.

Do not post suggestions, without specifically identified substantial
proof, that a person may have committed an unethical or criminal act.

No name calling.

Do not accuse anyone of lying, telling a lie, or being a liar. This is
considered a personal attack, even if true.

Accordingly, user SAMSLOAN (Sam Sloan) 11115292 has been suspended
from posting to the USCF Forums for a period of 7 days.

The timing of the start of the suspension is dependent upon Mr.
Nolan's availability to initiate it.

Tim Sawmiller
Old February 20th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 05:01:07 -0800 (PST), samsloan
wrote:

DeFeis and Niro are not members of the "chess community" and nobody
knows what happened to either one of them.

Don't know about the former, but Niro has posted several times ( In
fact, he's addressed you in some of these posts) and blogs from
Oregon
http://www.blogger.com/profile/11858781138703849298
Old February 20th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

wrote:
DeFeis and Niro are not members of the "chess community" and nobody
knows what happened to either one of them.

Don't know about the former, but Niro has posted several times ( In
fact, he's addressed you in some *of these posts) and blogs from
Oregonhttp://www.blogger.com/profile/11858781138703849298

That is true. He has posted several times recently (but after the
statute of limitations has probably expired) but has he provided an
exact location where he can be found and served with a summons?