Old February 23rd 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Chessmaster Characters

I am trying to find out about the built in opponents for the
Chessmaster programs by Ubisoft. In particular, Is there a character
called Garry Kasparov, and how strong is it? I looked for a while on
the net, but couldn't find reference to this.

Thanks.
Old February 23rd 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 22, 7:20*pm, wrote:
I am trying to find out about the built in opponents for the
Chessmaster programs by Ubisoft. In particular, Is there a character
called Garry Kasparov, and how strong is it? I looked for a while on
the net, but couldn't find reference to this.

Thanks.

There hasn't been a Kasparov personality that shipped with Chessmaster
in over six years. The last version to have one was CM9000, which was
released in the Fall of 2002, and the personality is called
"Kasparov".

All of Chessmaster's GM personalities are given the same rating to
prevent arguments. :-) However, the rating will depend on the speed of
your computer. For example, on my P4 2.4GHz machine, all of the GM
personalities in CM9000 are rated 2770.

jm
Old February 28th 09, 09:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Does it play in their style ?

Old March 26th 09, 07:28 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Feb 22, 7:20*pm, wrote:
I am trying to find out about the built in opponents for the
Chessmaster programs by Ubisoft. In particular, Is there a character
called Garry Kasparov, and how strong is it? I looked for a while on
the net, but couldn't find reference to this.

Thanks.

There hasn't been a Kasparov personality that shipped with Chessmaster
in over six years. The last version to have one was CM9000, which was
released in the Fall of 2002, and the personality is called
"Kasparov".

All of Chessmaster's GM personalities are given the same rating to
prevent arguments. :-) However, the rating will depend on the speed of
your computer. For example, on my P4 2.4GHz machine, all of the GM
personalities in CM9000 are rated 2770.

jm
Thanks for the info