Old February 27th 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Motion to Second Circuit in Sloan vs.Truong, 08-5813-cv

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE SECOND CIRCUIT
Sam Sloan,

Plaintiff- Appellant,
Docket No. 08-5813-cv
-against-

Hoainhan "Paul" Truong, Zsuzsanna "Susan" Polgar, Joel Channing,
William Goichberg, The United States Chess Federation, Bill Hall,
Herbert Rodney Vaughn, Gregory Alexander, Frank Niro, Grant Perks,
William Brock, Randall Hough, Randy Bauer, Jim Berry, Texas Tech
University and United States of America,

Defendants

NOTICE OF MOTION

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that upon the annexed affidavit and the exhibits
attached thereto the undersigned hereby moves this court for an order
extending the time to file an brief and appendix to this appeal.

The undersigned also wishes to inform this court that there now
pending related cases in four judicial circuits around the country in
California, Texas, Pennsylvania and Illinois all with many of the same
parties and over-lapping facts as this case. Judge Marilyn Patel of
the San Francisco United States District Court in the case United
States of America Chess Federation vs. Susan Polgar suggested this
past Monday, February 23, 2009 that all five cases should be
consolidated into one case.

The undersigned plans to move at some future date to consolidate at
least four of these cases but now is not the time to do that.

Yours, Etc.

Samuel H. Sloan

February 27, 2009

Copies to:

Jeremy Brown
Attorney for USCF, William Goichberg defendants
Proskauer Rose LLP
One Newark Center
Newark NJ 07102-5211

Joseph J. Ortego
Nixon Rose LLP
Attorneys for Hoainhan “Paul” Truong, Zsuzsanna “Susan” Polgar and
Gregory Alexander
50 Jericho Quadrangle
Jericho NY 11753-2729

Emily E. Daughtry
US Attorney's Office
86 Chambers Street, 3rd Floor
New York NY 10007-2632

Patrick M. O'Brien, Esq.
Attorney for William Brock
309 Elmore Street
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068-3569

Arthur M. Handler
805 Third Avenue, 8th Floor
New York NY 10022

Scot M. Graydon
Attorney for Texas Tech University
Assistant Attorney General, General Litigation Division
PO Box 12548
Austin Texas 78711-2446

June Duffy
Assistant Attorney General of New York
120 Broadway
New York NY 10271

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE SECOND CIRCUIT
Sam Sloan,
Docket No. 08-5813-cv
Plaintiff-Appellant,

-against-

Hoainhan "Paul" Truong, Zsuzsanna "Susan" Polgar, Joel Channing,
William Goichberg, The United States Chess Federation, Bill Hall,
Herbert Rodney Vaughn, Gregory Alexander, Frank Niro, Grant Perks,
William Brock, Randall Hough, Randy Bauer, Jim Berry, Texas Tech
University and United States of America,

Defendants

AFFIDAVIT AND EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF MOTION
FOR AN EXTENSION OF TIME

Samuel H. Sloan, being duly sworn deposes, and says:

1. I am the plaintiff-appellant herein. I hereby move for an extension
of time to file my brief and appendix.

2. In addition, I wish to inform the court of the existence of four
other cases with overlapping allegations and similar parties. I am
including the complaints and other documents pertaining to these other
cases. I believe that the courts will ultimately want to consolidate
these five cases into one big case. They a

3. Polgar vs. United States Chess Federation in the Northern District
of Texas pending before Judge Sam Cummings

USCF vs. Polgar in the Northern District of California pending before
Judge Marilyn Patel

Parker vs, Polgar and Truong in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
pending before Judge Joyner

Potentially the most significant case is the Illinois state case of
USCF vs. Polgar and Truong in Sangamon County, Springfield, Illinois,
Case No. 2008MR000751 . Being a state court case, it is not in the
PACER system

4. Attached hereto as an exhibit is the complaint in the case in
Sangamon County, Illinois. The complaint in this case includes as an
exhibit the complaint in the instant case, Sloan vs. Truong. As can be
seen, the complaint in that case parallels closely the allegations in
the instant Sloan vs. Truong et al case. The primary defendant, Susan
Polgar, has led process servers a merry chase around the country
trying to catch her. They finally caught her about two weeks ago.
There are reports on the Internet that Truong escaped out the door
when he saw the process server coming and that he hid under his desk
at Texas Tech University when a process server tried to serve him
there.

5. In any event, Susan Polgar has been served. Her attorney stated at
a hearing before Judge Marilyn Patel on Monday February 23 that he
will be removing the Illinois state court case to federal court and
then asking that it be transferred and consolidated with the Texas
Case, Polgar vs. United States Chess Federation. However, I personally
have doubts that he can do that. The Illinois State Court case is a
Chancery case seeking to remove Susan Polgar and Paul Truong from the
Board of Directors of the United States Chess Federation on the
grounds of election fraud and dishonesty, all of which allegations are
also in the instant case here. The Sangamon County Circuit Court
clearly has jurisdiction under Illinois law to remove Polgar and
Truong from the board. It does not seem clear that a federal court in
Lubbock Texas would have jurisdiction to do that.

6. Attached hereto as an exhibit is the transcript of the hearing held
in San Francisco federal court on this past Monday where this issue is
discussed.

7. The San Francisco attorney for Susan Polgar has compiled a list of
these pending related cases showing how the instant case is related to
the other cases. Attached hereto as an exhibit is the “Notice of
Pendency” filed by Susan Polgar's San Francisco attorney.

8. Judge Sam Cummings of the Lubbock Texas Federal Court made a
decision two weeks ago which denied motions to dismiss the plaintiff's
here counter claim there. As you will see, the decision by Judge
Cummings states that my counter claim there is similar to my complaint
here.

9. Frankly, the decision by the court below in the instant case is
incomprehensible in my opinion. I note that a much weaker but similar
case entitled Parker vs. Polgar and Truong filed in the United States
District Court in Philadelphia has survived a motion to dismiss. I
fully expect this court to remand the instant case to the court below
based on what is happening in the other pending related cases around
the country.

10. I also wish to inform the court and opposing counsel that their
clients have not learned their lessons and are up to their dirty
tricks again. The complaint in the instant case concerns primarily
dirty tricks played during the 2007 election campaign for election to
the Executive Board of the United States Chess Federation. These dirty
tricks included sending at least 2454 “Fake Sam Sloan” Internet
postings that were so obscene that they cannot be printed here and
which had my name signed to them as the purported author. The purpose
of these fake postings was to discredit me and anybody attacked in
these postings, in order to bring about the election of Susan Polgar
and Paul Truong, a married couple who was keeping that fact a secret,
and the candidates they supported, to the Executive Board of the
United States so that they could gain control over the $3.2 million in
annual revenues that the USCF annually receives.

11. Although Paul Truong and Susan Polgar were the main perpetrators,
I have stated from the beginning that USCF President Bill Goichberg
knew or should have known that Truong was doing it and should have
taken steps to stop it, but instead Goichberg found these obscene
Internet postings useful to himself because they discredited me and
they brought about my election defeat. Goichberg desperately wanted me
defeated, as I have been a thorn in his side.

12. Now Goichberg is running for re-election, even though the USCF has
lost more than $200,000 every year during his four years as USCF
President, except for the one year that I was on the board when the
USCF reported a profit in large part because of me complaining about
the USCF in losing money six figures every year. Goichberg has now
repeated one of his dirty tricks from the 2007 election campaign. The
new election campaign started in January 2009. In order to further his
election chances, Goichberg appointed Allen Priest, a rank beginner at
chess and a new member of the USCF, as Chairman of the Forum Oversight
Committee. Allen Priest is known to be vehemently hostile to me.
Goichberg had Priest appointed so that Allen Priest would ban me from
posting to the USCF Issues Forum so as to defeat my chances for being
elected. Allen Priest has carried out his mandate by upholding three
sanctions against me in just the short span of two weeks since he was
appointed, so now I am blocked from posting to the USCF Issues Forum.
The previous chairman was not exactly pushed out. Rather, what
Goichberg did has been compared to Roosevelt trying to stack the
United States Supreme Court. Goichberg had a bunch of Goichbergites
appointed to key positions on the Forum Oversight Committee and on the
Moderators Committee, knowing their personal hostility towards to me
and support for him. By doing this, Goichberg has created GROUNDS FOR
A NEW LAWSUIT. Two years ago, Goichberg appointed vehemently anti-Sam
Sloan people to these key positions, including Herbert Rodney Vaughn
and Gregory Alexander, both of whom were known to be fanatical
Polgaristas, because at that time Goichberg was supporting Polgar for
election, even though he knew all about the sordid background and
history of Miss Polgar. Thus, it was Goichberg who did the things that
caused the USCF to get in the position it now is with six major
lawsuits pending involving the USCF around the country, as reported on
page 48 of the current March Issue of Chess Life magazine. Both
Gregory Alexander and Herbert Rodney Vaughn are defendants to this
suit and one of them, Gregory Alexander, is now facing criminal
charges in San Francisco for the same reasons. He is one of the people
Goichberg appointed who, like Allen Priest, was a beginner at chess
and a new member of the USCF who wanted to gain control of the $3.2
million in annual revenues that the USCF receives.

13. At the hearing before Judge Marilyn Patel in San Francisco Federal
Court this past Monday it was revealed that the house of Gregory
Alexander has been searched by the United States Secret Service
because the Secret Service has jurisdiction over certain Internet
crimes such as those alleged in the complaint here and that the matter
is now in the hands of the San Francisco DA. The relevant pages of
that transcript are included herewith.

14. I believe that this court should be made aware of the fact that
the pot is boiling over again. There are indications that new lawsuits
are about to be filed over these issues, but not by me as the one
lawsuit I have is here is enough for me to cover all these issues.
Also, I think that the court may be interested in knowing that there
have been 12 articles in the New York Times about this case.

WHEREFORE, it is respectfully prayed that this motion for an extension
of time be granted.

Respectfully Submitted

Samuel H. Sloan
Sworn to before me this 27th
day of February 2009

Notary Public

Old February 28th 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer

On Feb 27, 5:36*pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

read more »

Sam,

I think that you have a real case to make against Paul Truong, and the
evidence has already been handed to you. It is important for you to
make this case, since otherwise Truong will contend that the case
against him was dismissed and he was found innocent of the charges,
though this of course is not a good description of the situation if
the case was thrown out because your complaint was poorly written.

Is it impossible for you to consider getting a lawyer for this case?
They know what to include, and more importantly what not to include,
in a legal document. Why do you resist using a professional here? I
think there would be people willing to help you in a very focused
case, but they would have to know it would be handled by a competent
professional.

Jerry Spinrad
Old February 28th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Feb 27, 8:42*pm, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
Sam, it would really be better if you took a vacation for a month or
two. *Really.
BL

You are right! It would indeed really be better for Mr. Truong,
especially since yesterday was the last day to file.

Old February 28th 09, 01:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
On Feb 27, 8:42 pm, "Mr.Vidmar" wrote:
Sam, it would really be better if you took a vacation for a month or
two. Really.
BL

You are right! It would indeed really be better for Mr. Truong,
especially since yesterday was the last day to file.

Sam Sloan

IMMHO, you're spinning your wheels in the Second Circuit. Better for
you to FOCUS on what you have to write for Judge Cunnings in Lubbock.

Old February 28th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

"samsloan" wrote in message

Sam:

I've taken the liberty of rewriting bits of this to make it sound more
"legal." Feel free to use what you like. Any questions please ask.

Your pal

Brian Austin Green, Administrative Law Clerk

==========

[insert after recitation of parties, etc]

1. I am the plaintiff-appellant herein. I hereby move for an extension of
time to file my brief and appendix.

2. Edgar Allan Poe (d. 1849) was an American poet, short-story writer,
editor and literary critic, best known for his tales of mystery and the
macabre. Many of his stories were made into movies starring Vincent Price, a
well known epicure. Personally, my favorite food is pizza. Bill Goichberg,
who has banned me from posting in the USCF chatroom, prefers hamburgers. In
the Poe story The Cask of Amontillado a bad person who reminds me of
Goichberg is walled up in a catacomb and left to die, just as I have been
walled out of the UCSF chat room.

3. The capital of Mozambique is Maputo.

4. On February 13, 2006, while I was posting to the newsgroup
alt.kooks.karl. maldens.nose, I was interupted when my phone rang. It was a
wrong number. Later that day however, while reading a different newsgroup,
rec.arts.poetry, my phone did not ring. Surely the court in the instant case
is not stupid enough to not see that this is not a coincidence. However,
when I posted in the USCF chat room proof that I did not receive any wrong
numbers because moderator Vaugan Bode had conspired with his minion Greg
Alexander and amateur chess player Dustin Diamond (who as the court is
probably aware played Screetch on Saved by the Bell and also has an interweb
sex tape where he performs the Dirty Sanchez) to arrange for Fake Sam Sloan
phone numbers to appear in the White Pages, those postings were banned.

5. Unless your honor is utterly retarded, he is aware that there are a
thousands or even millions of lawsuits filed in the United States every
year. Many of these lawsuits are filed by plaintiffs who serve defendants
papers in a timely manner, which papers contain concise recitations of
pertinent facts that allege actionable behaviors and seek appropriate
damages. None of those cases are dismissed. Instead, as your honor will be
aware unless he is stupid, they settle or proceed to trial, where the truth
is established and damages are assesed. Moreover, some of these probably
lawsuits involve chess or other games, and some of them have probably not
been dismissed. If those cases have not been dismissed how can it be fair to
dismiss this one?

6. Susan Polgar is hot (although not as hot as her sister Judith.) That is
obvious to everyone, except faggots, of which I presume your honor is not
one. Susan (nor her real name incidentally) has firm lucious breasts, a
beautiful thick ass, and full inviting lips. Well, if your honor in the
instant case is not a cocksucker and therefore thinks Susan is hot now, he
should have seen her back when she was younger, when I knew her. Because
back then she was smoking hot. If she had given me even a handjob every
thing might have been different. Instead, she went off and married Paul
Truong, a chink of some sort. I like Chinese food as well as the next guy,
but come on, this Paul Truong is bad news.

7. I have a goldfish named Fred.

8. Unless your honor is missing a chromosome and is suffering from Downs
Syndrome, he will see that the water that has flowed under the bridge is
boiling over. Rather than putting the horses back in the barn after the barn
doors are closed it would be better to put the cart before them and lead
them to water, where the horse could be forced to drink. If the horse does
not drink there might be too much water, in which water the goose that lays
the golden eggs will be forced to sink or swim. If the former, the goose
will drown, and along with it the United States Chess Federation.

Old February 28th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Feb 28, 7:43*am, "foad" wrote:
"samsloan" wrote in message

[...]

And this was posted by someone who wants to be a board member?

I won't say it isnt cute, but Brian, shouldn't a certain level of
decorum to expected and maintained?
Old February 28th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

"Rob" wrote in message
On Feb 28, 7:43 am, "foad" wrote:
"samsloan" wrote in message

[...]

===========

Sorry man, I lost my head for a minute. Better now. Please do not allow this
momentary lapse to effect your vote. Remember my campaign slogan:

If nominated I will not run
If elected I will not serve
If assassinated I will not die.

Yours etc

Brian Keith, Admininstrative Law Fudge

Old February 28th 09, 02:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Rob wrote:
On Feb 28, 7:43 am, "foad" wrote:
"samsloan" wrote in message

[...]

the golden eggs will be forceo sink or swim. If the former, the goose
will drown, and along with it the United States Chess Federation.

WHEREFORE, it is respectfully prayed that this motion for an extension of
time be granted.

And this was posted by someone who wants to be a board member?

I won't say it isnt cute, but Brian, shouldn't a certain level of
decorum to expected and maintained?

Now Rob, you know I didn't post that.