Old March 7th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Default New features

Hello to all,

the battle on the front of chess applets is harder then ever: Sanny
applet strength is exponentially increasing and he is adding futures
like the capacity to speak and AI learning and now there's also Fred's
chess applet on the field. So I've added a new feature to my chess
applet the list of moves played that can be selected and copied to the
clipboard with CTRL+C and pasted in a chess program, I've pasted them
successfully in Arena 2.0

http://bremboce.altervista.org

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

have fun, Gianluca
Old March 7th 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Mar 7, 2:35*pm, Gianluca Cisana wrote:
Hello to all,

* * * * the battle on the front of chess applets is harder then ever: Sanny
applet strength is exponentially increasing and he is adding futures
like the capacity to speak and AI learning and now there's also Fred's
chess applet on the field. So I've added a new feature to my chess
applet the list of moves played that can be selected and copied to the
clipboard with CTRL+C and pasted in a chess program, I've pasted them
successfully in Arena 2.0

http://bremboce.altervista.org

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

have fun, Gianluca

Hi, nice job! I played a few games the other day. It seems your
program likes to accept gambit pawns and hang on to them. Good
practice for my Catalan Opening.

Thanks for the mention, but I've a long way to go before I can be
included in this group. My program plays legal moves and sees mate in
one, that's about it. If you have any suggestions or links for some
relatively easy move evaluation logic, I'm all ears.

Regards, Fred.
Old March 9th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Mar 7, 4:58*pm, Gianluca Cisana wrote:
ha scritto:

Hi, nice job! I played a few games the other day. It seems your
program likes to accept gambit pawns and hang on to them. Good
practice for my Catalan Opening.

Thanks for the mention, but I've a long way to go before I can be
included in this group. My program plays legal moves and sees mate in
one, that's about it. If you have any suggestions or links for some
relatively easy move evaluation logic, I'm all ears.

Regards, Fred.

Hello Fred,

I've tried your applet and I've found the interface a little tricky. The
chess set you have chosen is original and I like it but it requires for
my brain an extra effort.
I suggest you to study the source of this open source chess engine
written in C by Tom Kerrigan:

http://www.tckerrigan.com/Chess/TSCP

Regards, Gianluca

--http://bremboce.altervista.org

When you say my interface is tricky, do you just mean the design of
the pieces, or is it something else also? My piece design is awful I
know. I'm not sure if using Java draw commands is the way to go, but I
wanted to try it.

Thanks for the tip on the source.
Old March 26th 09, 07:25 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianluca Cisana View Post
Hello to all,

the battle on the front of chess applets is harder then ever: Sanny
applet strength is exponentially increasing and he is adding futures
like the capacity to speak and AI learning and now there's also Fred's
chess applet on the field. So I've added a new feature to my chess
applet the list of moves played that can be selected and copied to the
clipboard with CTRL+C and pasted in a chess program, I've pasted them
successfully in Arena 2.0

http://bremboce.altervista.org

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

have fun, Gianluca
Good work. Thanks