Old September 6th 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default XBoard/Winboard 4.4.0 released

A new release both XBoard and WinBoard is now available. Version
4.4.0 includes many changes. It is the first major release of
xboard/winboard after a fork of the project after version 4.2.7. It
includes small changes made in the main line and changes made by a
fork of Alessandro Scotti and lots of changes made afterwards by
H.G. Muller (released as versions 4.3.x). This release represents a
unified version of all changes made after the fork. It includes many
new features and bugfixes.

You can get both XBoard and WinBoard from

http://www.gnu.org/software/xboard/

If you find a bug, please report it in the bug tracker at
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/xboard/ or by email to bug-xboard
(AT) gnu.org.

Arun Persaud )
Old September 6th 09, 12:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,gnu.chess

In article ,
Arun wrote:
A new release both XBoard and WinBoard is now available. Version
4.4.0 includes many changes. It is the first major release of
xboard/winboard after a fork of the project after version 4.2.7. It
includes small changes made in the main line and changes made by a
fork of Alessandro Scotti and lots of changes made afterwards by
H.G. Muller (released as versions 4.3.x). This release represents a
unified version of all changes made after the fork. It includes many
new features and bugfixes.

You can get both XBoard and WinBoard from

http://www.gnu.org/software/xboard/

If you find a bug, please report it in the bug tracker at
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/xboard/ or by email to bug-xboard
(AT) gnu.org.

In a release tarball, it would be traditional to include a working configure
script. I ran automake. I ran autoconf. It's still not right. I don't know
what else to run.

Dear GNU,

There are too many autothingies. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot.

--
Alan Curry