Old October 27th 09, 11:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fundamentos del Ajedrez by Capablanca published today; ChessFundamentals in Spanish

samsloan wrote:
Ishi Press International is proud to announce the publication today
of Fundamentos del Ajedrez by Jose Raul Capablanca, with an
introduction by Woman International Chess Master Beatriz Mansilla
Marinello.

This is the same book as "Chess Fundamentals", except that it is in
Spanish.
The book is available today at Barnes and Noble on line for a low pre-
publication price.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878422

If you want the book, you had better buy it now because as soon as
they find out that the book has been printed the price will go up.

Jose Raul Capablanca, the author, was world chess champion from 1921
to 1927. Although he was from Cuba, "Chess Fundamentals" was
originally published in English. Spanish Language editions have proven
nearly impossible to obtain.

Within a few days, Fundamentos Del Ajedrez will also be available on
Amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878422

The English Language edition of Chess Fundamentals is already
available from Ishi Press at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878414

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878414

I need to thank Chess Master David Brummer of Miami for giving me the
idea of publishing Chess Fundamentals in Spanish, because I had not
previously been aware that no Spanish Language edition was available
of this great classical work.

Sam Sloan

Are any of your reprints available in ebook format?
Old October 27th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo....asp?ISBN=4871....

[...]

No. I tried ebooks and the sales were so poor that I have not bothered
since.

Why do you ask?

Old October 27th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Curiosity. Barnes and Noble has launched their own ebook reader, nook,
and it looks like a Christmas season price war between Amazon (Kindle),
nook and Sony Reader is in the making.