Old November 17th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Get Club - How many games do you have to play?

Any chance of you answering my questions, Sanny?
Also, another question...
Why does GetClub play even worse on the higher levels? Same silly
nonsensical moves, just takes longer to think about them (2 hrs 15 mins
in one case! On Master).

RocketMan wrote:
You have seen sites more ugly than GetClub?!! I find that EXTREMELY
unbelieveable! Any chance of letting us in on what site/s have a worse
interface than GetClub? Just one would be fine, as I don't wish to waste
my time looking at too many sites with horrendous interfaces. Concerning
the fonts, any modern font would be better, but it is mainly the 'extra'
windows that pop up all the time when you are trying to play chess that
make your site look so amateurish.
I notice that you have other games on the GetClub site (not that I
have ventured into them), so why don't you completely separate the
individual games, so they have their own area on your site? That way the
player wouldn't have to constantly close irrelevant windows, and just
play the game they entered the site for. The site would be cleaner as
well. Why DO you have all the other rubbish, i.e. irrelevant windows?
Although the PC I use to play in GetClub is not that fast, your 'site'
is the only one that has caused any problems on any of my computers
EVER! I have isolated the problem with Firefox to closing some of the
many un-wanted windows that pop up on your site. GetClub doesn't like
it. Also doesn't like not being able to write cookies for all the
third-party sites that open. Got around it by letting the site write the
cookies, but have created a program that immediately deletes the created
cookies.
Why does the player have to re-logon after finishing a game? Weird.

Sanny wrote:
On Nov 9, 11:56 pm, RocketMan wrote:
You forgot the rating required?!! I thought you wrote the program
and/or owned the site!?? You should be able to tell someone what rating
is required to reach the next level. Maybe you could put it on the site!
BTW my rating is above 1020, so that is obviously not the rating
required.

I went to the codes and found you must have atleast 1100+ rating to
play with higher levels.

Earlier 2 years back it was 1020+. But now you have to win atleast 10
games to play with higher levels.

Incase you lose 1-2 games then you have to beat a few more games to
get a rating higher than 1100+

A more modern font would be a major improvement as well.

What font you like the best? Tell me I will see if that makes the
design better.

Rather than asking me, maybe you could look at some other chess sites
(more professional) for what is required.

I have seen other sites they look more ugly than GetClub.

No error messages appeared in Firefox, but after closing countless
(unnecessary) windows the browser 'locked' up. That has NEVER happened
before.

No error message. I think The browser locked up because your computer
is slow. Else why will a computer block with just 2-3 web pages?

I play on Pentium 4 - 2.5 Ghz and never had such a problem.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 18th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* RocketMan (21:15) schrieb:

Any chance of you answering my questions, Sanny?
Also, another question...
Why does GetClub play even worse on the higher levels? Same silly
nonsensical moves, just takes longer to think about them (2 hrs 15 mins
in one case! On Master).

When the search or evaluation is broken, strange moves are made,
searching deeper won't help.

mfg, simon .... l
Old November 19th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

RocketMan wrote:
Any chance of you answering my questions, Sanny?
Also, another question...
Why does GetClub play even worse on the higher levels? Same silly
nonsensical moves, just takes longer to think about them (2 hrs 15 mins
in one case! On Master).

Just curious, but why do you play there? Is it worth your time to be able to
post here and say essentially, "I told you so Sanny"?

It is an honest question.

Thanks!

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Religion is a crutch, but that's okay... humanity is a cripple.
Old November 19th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

I don't play there anymore. In my last 'Master' level game, I gave up
after waiting for over 12 hours for it to make a move!
No, it is definitely not worth my time. When I think back, I don't
know why I did waste my time playing there. Persistence from Sanny?? If
he was honestly interested in improving his site he would answer
people's questions.
If you were the person who mentioned freechess.org as a site to play
on, I have found it very hard to get a decent quality player to play
chess against on that site. Opponents disconnecting when losing horribly
doesn't help either.
The best site I have found for playing live online chess is playchess.com
Thanks.

Old November 20th 09, 02:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

RocketMan wrote:
I don't play there anymore. In my last 'Master' level game, I gave up
after waiting for over 12 hours for it to make a move!
No, it is definitely not worth my time. When I think back, I don't
know why I did waste my time playing there. Persistence from Sanny?? If
he was honestly interested in improving his site he would answer
people's questions.
If you were the person who mentioned freechess.org as a site to play
on, I have found it very hard to get a decent quality player to play
chess against on that site. Opponents disconnecting when losing horribly
doesn't help either.

I put Free Chess out there as an intentional post edit to cover up the
spamming of Sanny's URL. The really good players tend to play over at
playchess.com and chessclub.com in my experience.