Old January 10th 10, 12:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Plz analyze game between ChessChallenger7 & Easy Level

[Event "GetClub"]
[Site "http://www.getclub.com/"]
[Date "2010.01.10"]
[Round "?"]
[White "ChessChallenger, 7."]
[Black "GetClub, Easy"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "C47"]
[WhiteElo "1600"]
[BlackElo "2500"]
[Annotator "Alan"]
[PlyCount "89"]
[EventDate "2010.01.10"]
[EventType "game"]
[EventRounds "1"]
[EventCountry "IND"]
[SourceDate "2010.01.10"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. d4 exd4 5. Nd5 Be7 6. Bf4 d6 7. Nxd4
Nxd5 8.
exd5 Nxd4 9. Qxd4 O-O 10. O-O-O {That seems to be the opening more or
less out
of the way. I don't know the opening so I can't really comment on it,
except
to say that it looks REALLY dull} Bf5 {? This is an error! White is
probably
going to advance his pawns on the queenside, so any black pieces in
the way
just help white to gain tempi} ({
Capablanca showed the best arrangement of pieces:} 10... Bf6 11. --
$140 h6 12.
-- $140 Bd7 $15) 11. f3 {This may not be the best} Bg5 {
After this good move white should probably have given up on his pawn
offensive}
12. g4 Bxf4+ 13. Qxf4 Bd7 {! A better position than at g6} 14. Bd3 Qe7
{
? Wrong! Don't put the queen on an open file} 15. h4 (15. Rde1 $142)
15... Qe5
{! This starts a counterattack against white's pawns} 16. Qc4 Qe3+ 17.
Kb1 Qxf3
18. Qxc7 {Play is becoming sharper} Bxg4 19. Qxd6 Qxd1+ {
Probably as good as any other move} 20. Rxd1 Bxd1 21. Kc1 Bf3 22. Qf4
{
I don't see why white gives up his passed pawn} (22. Qe5 $142 -- 23.
Qf5 $140
$18) 22... Bxd5 23. Qf5 Rfd8 $8 24. Qxh7+ Kf8 $8 25. Qh8+ Ke7 $8 26.
Qxg7 Bxa2
(26... Rac8 {looks better}) 27. b3 $18 {The third oldest trick in the
book}
Rxd3 {? Giving up a rook to save the bish??} 28. Qe5+ {! A killer}
(28. cxd3
$143 $2 Bxb3 {would be slightly more difficult}) 28... Kd8 29. cxd3
Rc8+ (29...
Bxb3 $2 30. Qh8+ $18) 30. Kb2 b6 31. h5 Bxb3 32. Kxb3 Rc7 33. h6 f6
34. Qxf6+
Kc8 35. Qf5+ Kb8 36. h7 Rc8 37. Qxc8+ {Good one! A human would resign
now} Kxc8
38. Kc4 b5+ 39. Kd5 Kc7 40. h8=Q Kb6 41. Qd8+ Kb7 42. Kc5 b4 43. Qd7+
Kb8 44.
Kc6 b3 45. Qd8# 1-0
Old January 10th 10, 12:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Banned

That was a good analysis.

I have again got a few ideas that will make GetClub even more
stronger.

You said Queen should not be kept in a open file. Then Why Rooks are
allowed on a Open File? Queen is also a Rook with Bishop moves added
to it.

GetClub Chess has Still a long way to go.

I hope I will be updating GetClub again in 2-3 days making it as
strong as a rock.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 10th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (13:32) schrieb:

I hope I will be updating GetClub again in 2-3 days making it as
strong as a rock.

That's a good comparison. A rock can't even move without help.

As I said befo The cycle is, you make it weaker for a year or so,
then discover a lot of bugs, and revert Getclub to an earlier state.

mfg, simon .... l
Old January 10th 10, 04:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Banned

As I said befo The cycle is, you make it weaker for a year or so,
then discover a lot of bugs, and revert Getclub to an earlier state.

Thats not the case.

I remember earlier 2 years back when I used to play game between
Jester & GetClub.

I used to give 3 sec / move to Jester while GetClub used to think 2
min / move.

Slowly I started decreasing GetClub Time as follows.

Jester 3 sec / move vs GetClub 1 min / move

Jester 3 sec / move vs GetClub 30 sec/ move

Jester 3 sec / move vs GetClub 15 sec / move

Jester 3 sec / move vs GetClub 8 sec/ move

Then I started increasing Jester time instead of decreasing GetClubs
time.

Jester 10 sec / move vs GetClub 20 sec/ move

Jester 20 sec / move vs GetClub 20 sec/ move

Jester 30 sec / move vs GetClub 20 sec/ move

Then again I started decreasing time of GetClub

Jester 30 sec / move vs GetClub 16 sec/ move

Jester 30 sec / move vs GetClub 8 sec/ move

Jester 30 sec / move vs GetClub 2 sec/ move

Nowadays I play GetClub at 2 sec/ move with Jester at 30 sec / move.
[Now 15 times more time to Jester.]

So Earlier I used to give Jester 3 sec/ move against GetClub 2 min /
move
[Earlier 40 times more time to GetClub]

So in 2 years GetClub is playing arround 40x15 = 600 times stronger.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 10th 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (17:19) schrieb:

As I said befo The cycle is, you make it weaker for a year or so,
then discover a lot of bugs, and revert Getclub to an earlier state.

Thats not the case.

I remember earlier 2 years back when I used to play game between
Jester & GetClub.

I used to give 3 sec / move to Jester while GetClub used to think 2
min / move.

Slowly I started decreasing GetClub Time as follows. [...]

Nowadays I play GetClub at 2 sec/ move with Jester at 30 sec / move.
[Now 15 times more time to Jester.]

And how much games were played like this, and how much of them did
Getclub win?

So in 2 years GetClub is playing arround 40x15 = 600 times stronger.

Without Getclub winning games, there is no way to find out its strength.

mfg, simon .... l

Old January 10th 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Banned

Default GetClub Improved !!! BEAT IT CHALLENGE !!!

GetClub Chess has Still a long way to go.

I hope I will be updating GetClub again in 2-3 days making it as
strong as a rock.

GetClub Improved Today. Now Easy level is invincible. GetClub is now
Plays the strongest than ever before.

ANYONE HERE WHO CAN BEAT THE EASY LEVEL NOW???

Open Challenge to all players, Go beat the Easy Level [32 sec / move]

Now GetClub is very strong. So think well before you make a move at
GetClub Chess.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
Old January 11th 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (20:02) schrieb:

GetClub Improved Today.

No double moves, no ****ed up move list anymore. So you are right!

Now Easy level is invincible. GetClub is now
Plays the strongest than ever before.

ANYONE HERE WHO CAN BEAT THE EASY LEVEL NOW???

Rybka at 1 ply per move of course.

Open Challenge to all players, Go beat the Easy Level [32 sec / move]

[Date "2010.01.11"]
[White "Getclub easy"]
[Black "Rybka 2.2 32 bit"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 Nf6 {(Nf6) +0.02/1 0}
2. e5 Ne4 {(Ne4) -0.02/1 0}
3. Nf3 Nc6 {(Nc6) +0.02/1 0}
4. d4 e6 { made some operator error, so no evaluation here }
5. Bc4 Bb4+ {(Bb4+) +0.24/1 0}
6. c3 d5 {(d5) +0.24/1 0}
7. O-O dxc4 {(dxc4) +0.38/1 0}
8. cxb4 a5 {(a5) +0.13/1 0}
9. Re1 Qd5 {(Qd5) -0.12/1 0}
10. Qa4 O-O {(0-0) +0.33/1 0}
11. Qc2 f5 {(f5) +0.19/1 0}
12. exf6 Nxf6 {(Nxf6) +0.23/1 0}
13. Nc3 Nxb4 {(Nxb4) +0.38/1 0}
14. Qe2 Qd6 {(Qd6) +0.19/1 0}
15. Qxc4 Bd7 {(Bd7) -0.05/1 0}
16. Re5 Ng4 {(Ng4) +0.41/1 0}
17. Ne4 Nxe5 {(Nxe5) +0.29/1 0}
18. Nxe5 b5 {(b5) +0.32/1 0}
19. Nxd6 bxc4 {(bxc4) +0.33/1 0}
20. Ndxc4 Bb5 {(Bb5) +0.36/1 0}
21. Bd2 Bxc4 {(Bxc4) +0.44/1 0}
22. Nxc4 Nd3 {(Nd3) +0.59/1 0}
23. h3 Rxf2 {(Rxf2) +1.25/1 0}
24. Rd1 Raf8 {(Raf8) +1.30/1 0}
25. Bc3 Nb4 {(Nb4) +1.06/1 0}
26. a3 Nd5 {(Nd5) +1.12/1 0}
27. Bd2 a4 {(a4) +1.69/1 0}
28. Ne5 Re2 {(Re2) +1.81/1 0}
29. Nc4 Rff2 {(Rff2) +2.08/1 0}
30. Kh1 Rxg2 {(Rxg2) +3.33/1 0}
31. Be1 { Mate in 5, Rybka prefers h4 } Nf4 {(Nf4) +8.50/1 0}
32. d5 Rh2+ {(Rh2+) +319.00/1 0}
33. Kg1 Reg2+ {(Reg2+ Kf1 Rh1+) +M2/1 0}
34. Kf1 Rh1# {(Rh1+) +M1/1 0}
0-1

A clean mate again, did you actually remove this silly giving up?

31. Be1 still has something of a help mate. Why else does it block its
own rook from protecting the king half of the first rank?

Still every move by Rybka was done under 1 second with a nominal search
depth of 1. That might include some extensions and of course quiescence
search, but as the final evaluations show, it doesn't see very deep. So
it's basically Rybka's superior evaluation function defeating Getclub's
lousy one.

mfg, simon .... l
Old January 11th 10, 06:38 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Banned

GetClub Improved Today.

No double moves, no ****ed up move list anymore. So you are right!

Yes, now when computer sends same move twice, The server reset the
game. So you have to restart your game and play without errors. This
way no move is recorded twice.

Now Easy level is invincible. GetClub is now
Plays the strongest than ever before.

ANYONE HERE WHO CAN BEAT THE EASY LEVEL NOW???

Rybka at 1 ply per move of course.

How much time it took for whole game? Today again there was a slight
improvement. I suggest you play a new game.

Better play with a higher Level Say "Normal Level" vs Rybka at 1 sec /
move.

Lets see how the game goes. Normal Level thinks [2 min / move] on
average.

[...]

So only 1 mistake in complete game. That was good performance by Easy
Level

Still every move by Rybka was done under 1 second with a nominal search
depth of 1. That might include some extensions and of course quiescence
search, but as the final evaluations show, it doesn't see very deep. So
it's basically Rybka's superior evaluation function defeating Getclub's
lousy one.

Today I am having a match between Fritz 5.32 [20 sec/move] vs Easy
Level [32 sec / move]

Lets see how GetClub plays against it.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 11th 10, 08:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (07:38) schrieb:

GetClub Improved Today.

No double moves, no ****ed up move list anymore. So you are right!

Yes, now when computer sends same move twice, The server reset the
game. So you have to restart your game and play without errors. This
way no move is recorded twice.

But last time I played, your analysis accepted the ****ed up move list,
but this time the list was okay but the applet just said "applet stated"/

Rybka at 1 ply per move of course.

How much time it took for whole game?

I guess 1 second again, because of my operator failure the displayed
time was wrong. But adding up all the 0 seconds is probably below 1
second.

Today again there was a slight
improvement. I suggest you play a new game.

Maybe I try Peter Osterlunds new java program tonight.

[...]

No, I did not mention every mistake. Still I am no chess expert, but
Getclub lost a pawn earlier and later converted the mate in 5 into a
mate in 4.

Today I am having a match between Fritz 5.32 [20 sec/move] vs Easy
Level [32 sec / move]

Lets see how GetClub plays against it.

I predict a loss.

mfg, simon .... l
Old January 11th 10, 10:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
GetClub Improved Today.

No double moves, no ****ed up move list anymore. So you are right!

Yes, now when computer sends same move twice, The server reset the
game. So you have to restart your game and play without errors. This
way no move is recorded twice.

Now Easy level is invincible. GetClub is now
Plays the strongest than ever before.
ANYONE HERE WHO CAN BEAT THE EASY LEVEL NOW???

Rybka at 1 ply per move of course.

How much time it took for whole game? Today again there was a slight
improvement. I suggest you play a new game.

At 1 ply Rybka is going to take a shade over 1s for the *entire* game.

Open Challenge to all players, Go beat the Easy Level [32 sec / move]

[Date "2010.01.11"]
[White "Getclub easy"]
[Black "Rybka 2.2 32 bit"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 Nf6 {(Nf6) +0.02/1 0}
2. e5 Ne4 {(Ne4) -0.02/1 0}
3. Nf3 Nc6 {(Nc6) +0.02/1 0}
4. d4 e6 { made some operator error, so no evaluation here }
5. Bc4 Bb4+ {(Bb4+) +0.24/1 0}
6. c3 d5 {(d5) +0.24/1 0}
7. O-O dxc4 {(dxc4) +0.38/1 0}
8. cxb4 a5 {(a5) +0.13/1 0}
9. Re1 Qd5 {(Qd5) -0.12/1 0}
10. Qa4 O-O {(0-0) +0.33/1 0}

This is whites undoing. The move played ranks 21/32
Any of bxa5, b5 or Qe2 would be fine here.

Rybka missed the two moves that punish this error.
10. ... Bd7 and 10. ... b5
so for the moment Getclub is still OK.

11. Qc2 f5 {(f5) +0.19/1 0}

Having put Qa4 you may as well follow through
11. Nc3 looks basically equal. Slight advantage to white.

rybka ignores Nxb4 but f5 is still pretty good
12. exf6 Nxf6 {(Nxf6) +0.23/1 0}
13. Nc3 Nxb4 {(Nxb4) +0.38/1 0}
14. Qe2 Qd6 {(Qd6) +0.19/1 0}
15. Qxc4 Bd7 {(Bd7) -0.05/1 0}

Another blunder Qxc4 allows the black knight in to fork the rooks.

Rybka amazingly missed 15. ... Nc2!
16. Re5 Ng4 {(Ng4) +0.41/1 0}
17. Ne4 Nxe5 {(Nxe5) +0.29/1 0}

Another brilliant rook sacrifice by Getclub!
Any of Rh5, Re4, Rg5 would be OK.

18. Nxe5 b5 {(b5) +0.32/1 0}
19. Nxd6 bxc4 {(bxc4) +0.33/1 0}
20. Ndxc4 Bb5 {(Bb5) +0.36/1 0}
21. Bd2 Bxc4 {(Bxc4) +0.44/1 0}

21. Na3, Be3 are better
Rybka fails to exploit Nc2 again

22. Nxc4 Nd3 {(Nd3) +0.59/1 0}
23. h3 Rxf2 {(Rxf2) +1.25/1 0}
24. Rd1 Raf8 {(Raf8) +1.30/1 0}
25. Bc3 Nb4 {(Nb4) +1.06/1 0}
26. a3 Nd5 {(Nd5) +1.12/1 0}
27. Bd2 a4 {(a4) +1.69/1 0}

Another blunder. Bxa5 is obvious.
28. Ne5 Re2 {(Re2) +1.81/1 0}
29. Nc4 Rff2 {(Rff2) +2.08/1 0}

Getclub h as a death wish.

29. Nf3 or Nd3 were the only hope here.

30. Kh1 Rxg2 {(Rxg2) +3.33/1 0}

Ironically 30. BE1 would sort of work here, but it fails horribly with
the king on h1.

31. Be1 { Mate in 5, Rybka prefers h4 } Nf4 {(Nf4) +8.50/1 0}

31. Bc1 is OK too. basically delaying the inevitable. Be1 is a helpmate
move although it would take most engines a while to see that.

32. d5 Rh2+ {(Rh2+) +319.00/1 0}

32. Bg3 would prolong the agony. Then 33. Ne3
Getclub finds neither defensive resource.

33. Kg1 Reg2+ {(Reg2+ Kf1 Rh1+) +M2/1 0}
34. Kf1 Rh1# {(Rh1+) +M1/1 0}
0-1

A clean mate again, did you actually remove this silly giving up?

31. Be1 still has something of a help mate. Why else does it block its
own rook from protecting the king half of the first rank?

So only 1 mistake in complete game.

There were plenty of others including setting up a rook fork for black
that was not exploited by Rybka and putting the queen into harms way.

Regards,
Martin Brown