Old January 28th 10, 07:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fritz 5.32 vs GetClub - No contest!

Why do I believe all the rubbish that Sanny says about his Get Clunk?
I read the earlier post about his monstrosity playing 'as good as'
Fritz 5.32, which actually got me thinking...
I am sorry to say that I have been 'harangued' into playing GetClub -
14 times! Never again, though. Finally I managed to 'earn my way' into
playing Master level. Because of the ridiculous length of time Get Clunk
takes on each move (on all levels) I played almost all my games while
working. I reckon I thought for an average of 10 secs for each move,
unlike GetClub. Needless to say I won all my games, although the last
game I waited over 20 hours for it to make a move (in a losing position)
before logging off.
If I could beat Get Clunk in all my games, maybe I could beat Fritz
5.32...
I have played Fritz 8 on many time levels, but even when it only
thinks for 10 secs, and I 'allow' myself to think for 'ages' I still
can't beat the chess engine. But maybe Fritz 5.32...
Arrrrr. No!
I played six games against Fritz 5.32, and lost every one. I played
Fritz 5.32 at 5 minutes for 30 moves (although I'm sure I took a little
longer on average than 10 secs/move).
If I can beat Get Clunk in every game (even when it thinks for
hours), but can't beat Fritz 5.32 even once (playing rapid games) there
is obviously no contest. Fritz plays chess. GetClub doesn't!
FYI - The Fritz 5.32 games were played on an old laptop with a
Pentium IV 3.06 processor. If anyone is interested in the pgns for the
games, I can post them.
Old January 28th 10, 10:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* RocketMan (08:05) schrieb:

If I can beat Get Clunk in every game (even when it thinks for hours),
but can't beat Fritz 5.32 even once (playing rapid games) there is
obviously no contest. Fritz plays chess. GetClub doesn't!

There has been another Bug introduced just today, try another game
against master level, see if you can still beat it.

FYI - The Fritz 5.32 games were played on an old laptop with a Pentium
IV 3.06 processor. If anyone is interested in the pgns for the games, I
can post them.

Wasn't Fritz 5.32 written for something slower than that?

mfg, simon .... l
Old January 28th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Sorry, not falling for that 'got rid of a bug, now the program plays
2-8 times better' rubbish.
I have an old Pentium IV 1.8 desktop in storage, maybe I could replay
the games using that. Don't think that will make much difference in the
game results, though.
FYI - Fritz 5.32 on my old 3.06Ghz laptop thinks about 1500 nodes/sec.

RocketMan.

Old January 29th 10, 07:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis
Banned

On Jan 28, 12:05*pm, RocketMan wrote:
* *Why do I believe all the rubbish that Sanny says about his Get Clunk?
* *I read the earlier post about his monstrosity playing 'as good as'
Fritz 5.32, which actually got me thinking...

Yes, Now Baby level on P-IV 3.0 Ghz plays as good as Fritz 5.32 on a
laptop 1.5 Ghz.

I played a few games and found both playing equally well.

* *I am sorry to say that I have been 'harangued' into playingGetClub-
14 times! Never again, though. Finally I managed to 'earn my way' into
playing Master level.

What was your username when playing with GetClub Master Level?

Master Level is meant to take a lot of time. I suppose you should play
with Normal/ Easy level instead.

Even Normal Level plays outstanding game.

Because of the ridiculous length of time Get Clunk
takes on each move (on all levels) I played almost all my games while
working. I reckon I thought for an average of 10 secs for each move,
unlikeGetClub. Needless to say I won all my games, although the last
game I waited over 20 hours for it to make a move (in a losing position)
before logging off.

A few days back there was a bug, I hope that is removed now. Try
playing with smaller levels.

Easy & Normal Levels are good to start with incase you want strong
games.

* *If I could beat Get Clunk in all my games, maybe I could beat Fritz
5.32...

Its not so easy to beat the Easy/ Normal Level everytime. I dont think
any average man can beat the Easy & Normal levels at GetClub. Even
Beginner is quite strong.

Here is rough estimate of time taken by each level

1. Baby Level: 2 sec / move [50 sec max]

2. Beginner Level: 10 sec / move [2 min max]

3. Easy Level: 40 sec / move [5 min max]

4. Normal Level: 2 min / move [12 min max]

5. Master Level 10 min / move [1 hr max]

* *I have played Fritz 8 on many time levels, but even when it only
thinks for 10 secs, and I 'allow' myself to think for 'ages' I still
can't beat thechessengine. But maybe Fritz 5.32...

Fritz 8 is much stronger than Fritz 5.32

I have not tested GetClub against Fritz 8 yet.

* *I played six games against Fritz 5.32, and lost every one. I played
Fritz 5.32 at 5 minutes for 30 moves (although I'm sure I took a little
longer on average than 10 secs/move).

Did you played against the Easy Level at GetClub? Since you lost all
games against Fritz 5.32 I think you will not be able to beat the Easy
Level. As Easy Level plays better than Fritz 5.32 at 5 minutes for 30
moves

* *If I can beat Get Clunk in every game (even when it thinks for
hours), but can't beat Fritz 5.32 even once (playing rapid games) there
is obviously no contest. Fritz playschess.GetClubdoesn't!

I cant see the recorded games. Please play a few games at GetClub and
lets see the online records and see how good you played against
GetClub? What is your username at GetClub?

Looking for your games at GetClub without help from any engine. I
suppose you will find it very difficult to beat the Easy Level.

Easy Level: 40 sec / move [5 min max]

Bye
Sanny

Old January 29th 10, 09:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

I played Getclub against Fritz 5.32.

I had Getclub running on my home computer, whose processor is a 1024-
node, 32-way symmetric multiprocessor system with a peak performance
of about 24 TeraOperations per second.
It has 160 Terabytes of RAM with some fans in the ceiling help to keep
the ambient temperature down to about 4 degress Celsius. I have some
Lox run through small cables-like fibre-optic cables-and back through
freezer. This should keep the motherboard down to about -100 degrees
Celsius. For a hard drive I have constructed a sphere, about the size
of Rover in The Prisoner, coated in Perspex and filled with liquefied
gallium arsenide. Do you know about van der Waals dispersion forces?
Well that is the essence of the hard drive. The sphere is suspended a
hundredth of a millimetre above its perigee by use of two
electromagnetic gyroscopes-so it can rotate through all its axes at
lightning speed. It is surrounded by thousands of miniature laser
beams that can write to any part of the interior of the sphere. Data
is stored by the heat from the laser beams causing the gallium
arsenide to crystallise; essentially each molecule of gallium arsenide
became one bit; each crystal contained about 100 million bits. One
week I calculated that the entire sphere would have a potential memory
of about one hundred trillion yottabytes. Enough for all my music.

Fritz 5.32 was running on a Commodore 64.

Fritz won.

Old January 29th 10, 10:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

* Offramp (10:11) schrieb:

I played Getclub against Fritz 5.32.

I had Getclub running on my home computer, whose processor is a 1024-
node, 32-way symmetric multiprocessor system with a peak performance
of about 24 TeraOperations per second.

Getclub is meant to be run on normal PCs.

Fritz 5.32 was running on a Commodore 64.

I doubt that.

Fritz won.

By claim, I guess.

mfg, simon .... l
Old January 29th 10, 03:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis

Sanny, you never seem to do what I suggest to prove your point. Post
a game that GitClub actually won or even drew against Fritz 5.32 (or
any engine for that matter) if you have one. I suspect you have 100%
losses so there is nothing to post, and you draw erroneous conclusions
based on thinking time or number of moves in the game.

Until you actually show some evidence your claims will remain hollow,
unsupported, and not believed.
Old January 29th 10, 06:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fritz 5.32 vs GetCrap

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Cross posting removed
Old February 1st 10, 04:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

No Sanny I will not waste my time playing GetClub anymore. You lie
about almost every aspect of your site, plus of course you are very
selective about what questions/queries you answer. Like many people have
asked before I will ask the same question - Why do you not answer the
important questions?
The most outrageous of your lies is that each level only takes 2secs
or 15 secs per move (or some other outrageous claim). You only have to
start playing on the easiest level to see that is clearly incorrect. On
Easy level your monostrosity moves in minutes/move not seconds/move.
Until you can get your program to move reliably (i.e. without the site
crashing) in less than 15 secs per move it is a waste of time playing
it, especially with the level of play it plays at, i.e. useless! I know
you will probably reply to this saying that your program does move
rapidly, but it doesn't. EOS.
Do you even look at what you say in this newsgroup after you have
written it? You talk jibberish. You say I should play Easy level instead
of Master level. Why would I do that? I have played games at Easy,
Normal, and Master level and won all the games. Why would I waste my
time playing more games at Easy level when I can beat it easily? Even on
Easy level it was taking over 10 minutes for some moves. I will not wait
that long just to demolish a (useless) chess engine.
You ask...
Did you played against the Easy Level at GetClub? Since you lost all
games against Fritz 5.32 I think you will not be able to beat the Easy
Level. As Easy Level plays better than Fritz 5.32 at 5 minutes for 30
moves.
Read my damn post!!! Yes I played Easy level, and won every game
(just like at Normal and Master level). And no, Easy level does not play
anywhere near Fritz 5.32 level. That is the entire theme of my post.
Doh! Maybe try to read my post again.
Here is pgns of some of the games I played against GetClub.

[Event "?"]
[Site ""]
[Date "2009.11.09"]
[Round "?"]
[White "EltonJ"]
[Black "GetClub.com, Easy"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "B01"]
[PlyCount "43"]
[EventDate "2009.??.??"]

1. e4 d5 2. exd5 Nf6 3. Nf3 Nxd5 4. d4 Bg4 5. h3 Bh5 6. c4 Bxf3 7. Qxf3
Nb4 8. Qb3 Qd6 9. a3 Qxd4 10. Be3 Qe4 11. axb4 h6 12. Nc3 Qe6 13. Nb5
Qd7 14. Bf4 Qe6+ 15. Be2 Kd7 16. Rxa7 Rxa7 17. Qd1+ Kc6 18. Nd4+ Kd7 19.
Nxe6+ Kxe6 20. Qd5+ Kf6 21. Qe5+ Kg6 22. Bd3+ 1-0

[Event "?"]
[Site ""]
[Date "2009.11.11"]
[Round "?"]
[White "GetClub.com, Normal"]
[Black "EltonJ"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "A58"]
[PlyCount "58"]
[EventDate "2009.??.??"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 c5 3. d5 b5 4. Nf3 g6 5. cxb5 a6 6. bxa6 Bxa6 7. Nc3 d6
8. Bf4 Qa5 9. e3 Bxf1 10. Kxf1 Nh5 11. Ng5 Bg7 12. Qg4 O-O 13. Nxf7 Rxf7
14. Qc8+ Rf8 15. Qe6+ Kh8 16. Bxd6 Qb6 17. Ne4 Qxb2 18. Be5 Bxe5 19. Rd1
Rxa2 20. Nd2 Ra1 21. Rxa1 Qxa1+ 22. Ke2 Qxh1 23. Qxe5+ Nf6 24. Qxe7 Nbd7
25. d6 Qxg2 26. h4 Nd5 27. Qe6 Rxf2+ 28. Kd1 Rxd2+ 29. Kc1 Rc2+ 0-1

[Event "?"]
[Site ""]
[Date "2009.11.12"]
[Round "?"]
[White "EltonJ"]
[Black "GetClub.com, Master"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "B51"]
[PlyCount "81"]
[EventDate "2009.??.??"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. Bb5+ Nd7 4. d4 cxd4 5. Qxd4 Ngf6 6. e5 dxe5 7.
Nxe5 a6 8. Bxd7+ Bxd7 9. O-O Qc8 10. Rd1 Bf5 11. Nc3 Bxc2 12. Rd2 Bf5
13. Na4 Nd7 14. Nxd7 Qxd7 15. Qxd7+ Bxd7 16. Rxd7 Kxd7 17. Nb6+ Ke8 18.
Nxa8 e6 19. Be3 Bd6 20. Nb6 h6 21. Rd1 Ke7 22. Nc4 Bc7 23. Bc5+ Kf6 24.
Rd7 Rc8 25. Bd4+ Kg6 26. Bc3 b5 27. Ne3 a5 28. Kf1 b4 29. Bd4 f6 30. b3
e5 31. Bb2 h5 32. Nc4 e4 33. Re7 Bxh2 34. g3 h4 35. Kg2 f5 36. Rxg7+ Kh6
37. Nd6 hxg3 38. Nxf5+ Kh5 39. Bf6 Rg8 40. Rxg8 Bg1 41. Rg5# 1-0

RocketMan