Old March 18th 10, 03:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default chessbase and Fitz 10

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:49:48 +1100, Raymond wrote:

Is there anyway I can use Fritz 10 to annotate my games. What I would like
is for me to feed a game from chessbase into Fritz and it would put remarks
like ?, !?, ?!, ?, ! after the moves so I could study my play.

Any answer to this question, is there any way of annotating a game I played
using Fritz.

What I do know is go over the game move by move trying to find what I
should have done. This would speed up the process.
Old March 18th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

In article , Raymond
writes
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:49:48 +1100, Raymond wrote:

Is there anyway I can use Fritz 10 to annotate my games. What I would like
is for me to feed a game from chessbase into Fritz and it would put remarks
like ?, !?, ?!, ?, ! after the moves so I could study my play.

Any answer to this question, is there any way of annotating a game I played
using Fritz.

What I do know is go over the game move by move trying to find what I
should have done. This would speed up the process.

You have a game you've saved to, or got stored on a Database using
either Fritz 10 or ChessBase?

If so, go to Fritz 10. Then go to the Database where your game is, and
Load it.

Now go to the Analyse option at the top of your Fritz screen, and choose
Full Analysis. There you can choose whether you want it to analyse White
and/or Black, what time control to use, and other things. Don't set too
long a time control for your first effort... use 5secs a move to make
sure you can see it working okay, then check the result looks okay, it
should show you where it believes mistakes were made and offer
alternative, better moves. Then you can do it again if you want using
30secs or longer per move to get deeper and more trustworthy analysis.
You can go through the game now at the points where Fritz believes
mistakes were made, and store the game with the annotations if you want,
or print the game out with the notes.

Instead of Full Analysis you can use Blunder Check if you want, it just
highlights mistakes and wont make general comments during the game. Try
this also at 5secs a move, then you can decide which output you prefer
for your own use
--
Eric Hallsworth, Countrywide Computers, Victoria House, 1 High Street,
Wilburton, Cambs CB6 3RB. Tel: 01353 740323
Old March 18th 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Eric Hallsworth wrote:
In article , Raymond
writes
[...]

I prefer the annotation that results from Blundercheck which allows some
windowing control on what alternatives are shown and is less chatty. The
windowing doesn't always work so it is worth saving the evaluation and
checking any big discontinuities with game infinite analysis.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old March 20th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:09:38 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

Eric Hallsworth wrote:
In article , Raymond
writes
[...]

Thanks guys, it worked well.