Old April 18th 10, 02:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default CM 9000 stopping opening video?

I remember it being possible to stop CM 9000 from playing that opening video
every time, but forget the fix. Anyone, please?

Old April 21st 10, 05:22 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Galt View Post
I remember it being possible to stop CM 9000 from playing that opening video
every time, but forget the fix. Anyone, please?
I have Chessmaster 9000 but it isn't installed right now, anyway I couldn't recall the exact way to disable the video but a search engine located this...

How can I disable the intro videos?

Find the CM.ini file in the game directory. Open this document with notepad and find the line

IntroMovie=1

and change it to

IntroMovie=0

Save the file and start Chessmaster again
Old April 23rd 10, 01:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Apr 17, 6:43*pm, Jane Galt wrote:
I remember it being possible to stop CM 9000 from playing that opening video
every time, but forget the fix. Anyone, please?

In the folder where CM9000 is installed, find a file called CM.INI.
Open that file with any text editor and look for a line that says:

IntroMovie=1

Change it to read:

IntroMovie=0

....and save the file.

jm
Old April 27th 10, 07:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

cbseries wrote :

Jane Galt;339939 Wrote:
I remember it being possible to stop CM 9000 from playing that opening
video
every time, but forget the fix. Anyone, please?

I have Chessmaster 9000 but it isn't installed right now, anyway I
couldn't recall the exact way to disable the video but a search engine
located this...

HOW CAN I DISABLE THE INTRO VIDEOS?

Find the CM.ini file in the game directory. Open this document with
notepad and find the line

IntroMovie=1

and change it to

IntroMovie=0

Save the file and start Chessmaster again

Thanks!

--
- Jane Galt