Old June 2nd 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Alekhine's Best Games of Chess 1938-1945

The reason I post these introductions before I actually publish the
book is that I eagerly await corrections or criticisms that you may
provide.

I corrected the error of stating that the Chess Olympiad and World War
II started in 1938 rather than 1939 almost as soon as I had posted it
here.

Of course, the reason for my error was that Olympiads are usually held
in even-numbered years.

Anyway, the book is out and published now and you can buy it on the
Internet or at a bookstore near you.

ISBN 4-87187-827-9
978-4-87187-827-2

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=4871878279

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878279

Old June 2nd 10, 05:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

samsloan wrote:

The reason I post these introductions before I actually publish the
book is that I eagerly await corrections or criticisms that you may
provide.

Really ? you do, do you ? you mean you "eagerly" employ the gruppen as a
de-facto proofer ? you pay how much for this Samuel ?

I corrected the error of stating that the Chess Olympiad and World War
II started in 1938 rather than 1939 almost as soon as I had posted it
here.

WW11 properly began in 1937 ... you know, you need to be prosecuted, you
need to die, you need to gettout of rgc, out of our faces und totally
**** off, you'll probably git some frisson of perverse pleasure here -
you noo yawrk ****** - **** off arsehole !

m.
Old June 2nd 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Jun 1, 10:56*pm, samsloan wrote:

I corrected the error of stating that the Chess Olympiad and World War
II started in 1938 rather than 1939 almost as soon as I had posted it
here.

Of course, the reason for my error was that Olympiads are usually held
in even-numbered years.

That did not start until 1950. Of the first nine chess Olympiads,
only three 1928, 1930 and 1936 took place in even years. The rest
1927, 1931, 1933, 1935, 1937 and 1939 were all in odd-numbered
years.
Old June 4th 10, 12:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

The book is not edited by CHO'D Alexander. It is by CHO'D, he wrote
it!

Old June 4th 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Jun 3, 7:57*pm, chessparrot wrote:
The book is not edited by CHO'D Alexander. It is by CHO'D, he wrote
it!

This is a difference of opinion.

There have been several editions of this work. Some say that C H O'D
Alexander was the author. Others say that he was the editor.