Old June 26th 10, 07:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default SCID and correspondence chess

Has anyone had any success in configuring SCID for correspondence chess
using Windows XP and using Outlook Express as the mail client? I am trying
to play correspondence chess using http://www.chess-server.net/ and would
like to use SCID.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old June 30th 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 26 June, 07:13, "Paul and Linda Cook" wrote:
Has anyone had any success in configuring SCID for correspondence chess
using Windows XP and using Outlook Express as the mail client? *I am trying
to play correspondence chess usinghttp://www.chess-server.net/and would
like to use SCID.
Any help would be appreciated.

Why use OE? You can send emails directly from within SCID itself,
apparently.

See:

http://scid.sourceforge.net/help/Email.html

n.b. I don't have SCID, and have never used it (I have ChessBase), but
if you experience
further specific problems, please post them here, if I can't help,
maybe someone else
will be able to do so.