Old October 7th 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Default What is Rybka Thinking?

* SAT W-7 (2010-10-02) schrieb:

You should play Ivan at knight odds and let Rybka think for 2 or 3 min

What would be the use of that?

I wish more people on here would play engine vs engine

For your amusement? By the way, computer chess is on-topic in
rec.games.chess.computer. And only there.

..Id like to see some one play HIRCS that is the one i would have if i
had a real computer ...I know Rybka is stronger but i still like to
see HIRCS vs Rybka or Fritz or Shredder ...

Don't you know anyone who has a real computer left? Some Pentium 4 or
older Athlon? What about Ebay?

OR how about this , Fisher 960 game BUT not that way , do it my way ,
ALL pawns on same squares BUT back pieces , i write the name on paper
and pull them out of a hat and how ever they come out is the way you
play ..Of course Bishops on white and black ...If your King and Rook
come up in the castle position then you can castle BUT if they do not
then NO castling.

I told your before, that's unfair.

What's wrong with plain chess960?

That would be a VERY interesting game to me.

The point of games like chess, go, connect 4 etc. (games of perfect
information) is that there is no random involved. Adding a roll of dice
in the beginning takes that away.

mfg, simon .... l