Old November 16th 10, 02:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Vote NO on Allen Priest for USCF Executive Board

There is nobody, nobody at all, worse and more unsuitable than Allen
Priest to be on the board. (Well, OK, Paul Truong would be worse.)

Just consider the following three factors:

Allen Priest pushed through the bylaw changes making it more difficult
to run for the board. It now requires the signatures of 15 delegates
from five different states to run for the board. With the bad boards
we have been having, they should have made changes to encourage more
good people to run, not to make it more difficult to run. However,
like a punishment out of Dante's Inferno, Allen Priest must now comply
with the Draconian Rules he helped to create (unless he already has a
certain Mr. Big to circulate petitions for him, as I suspect is the
case).

Allen Priest has used his position as FOC Chairman to block or suspend
many postings from appearing on the USCF Issues Forum.

Allen Priest is the main apologist for allowing the phony accounting
systems the USCF is using to continued to be used. The USCF is losing
far more money every year than is being reported and Allen Priest is
the one constantly defending the understatement of these losses.

I hope the membership realizes in time the serious problems involved
in electing Allen Priest. (I am ignoring the additional fact that he
does not play chess.)

Old November 16th 10, 07:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 16, 9:52*am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

Sounds like an excellent candidate and you sound like you still do not
understand the difference between cash basis and GAAP.
Old November 16th 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Mottershead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bauer
Yes, he is, and I was aware of that fact. I fail to see how not
mentioning him shows 'a bias' - more likely a preference. I prefer
other candidates, who I feel possess the qualities I identified as
important for EB members and the ultimate good of the USCF. Your
mileage may vary.
Randy, even though you are a supercilious jerk, you're my kind of
supercilious jerk. I'd really like to see you continue on the
board. Why not run?
Brian,

Probably the first genuine LOL of my day - thanks.

Serving on the EB is a major time commitment, and it's hard for me to
balance it with other family and work responsibilities at the moment.
As an example, last weekend, while I was in Crossville for the EB
meeting, my younger daughter was competing in a major soccer
tournament that I would normally attend, and her basketball team was
having practice on Saturday and a game on Sunday (I'm one of the
coaches). On the work front, I got off a plane from an out-of-state
project I'm managing on Thursday, flew to Nashville on Friday, flew
back home on Monday morning and got on a plane to St. Louis Tuesday
morning.

At the end of my term, I'll have served on the EB for 5 of the last 7
years - it's time to let somebody else in on all the fun. Maybe at
some point in the future, I'll have more time and might take up the
cause again. In the meantime, I'm sure I'll still find plenty of
opportunities to be a supercillious jerk in USCF activities - perhaps
as one of those 'know it all' Delegates.
When Randy Bauer ran for the board he stated that in view of his
extensive financial experience, with him on the board the USCF would
stop losing money.

Bauer was elected and guess what? In the four years that he has been
on the board, the USCF has lost money in six figures every single
year.

I would say good riddance to bad rubbish except for two
accomplishments by Randy Bauer that must be noted.

First, more than any other board member, Bauer was instrumental in
getting rid of Susan Polgar and Paul Truong. It must be recalled that
Bauer got elected to the board by being endorsed by Polgar and Truong.
In contrast to Bill Goichberg, who got Polgar appointed to the
position of "Chairman of the USCF", Bauer revolted against rule by
Polgar. Had Bauer been loyal to Polgar in return for getting him
elected, there can be little doubt that the USCF would be ruled by
Polgar and Truong today. Channing was backing Polgar so a vote by
Bauer in favor of Polgar would have provided the fourth decisive vote.

The second "accomplishment" by Bauer was bringing about the move by
the USCF to Crossville Tennessee. Bauer repeatedly provided the tie-
breaking vote that caused the USCF to move to Crossville. I believe
that the move to Crossville has been a disaster, but whether you agree
or disagree, there can be little doubt that were it not for Randy
Bauer, the USCF would not be in Crossville, Tennessee today.

Old November 16th 10, 10:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 16, 4:52*pm, samsloan wrote:
There is nobody, nobody at all, worse and more unsuitable than Allen
Priest to be on the board. (Well, OK, Paul Truong would be worse.)

I hope the membership realizes in time the serious problems involved
in electing Allen Priest. (I am ignoring the additional fact that he
does not play chess.)

Is Allen Priest related to William Lombardy by profession?

RL

Old November 16th 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Allen Priest is a JUDAS!!

Old November 17th 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On 11/16/2010 2:31 PM, None wrote:
On Nov 16, 9:52 am, wrote:
[...]

No, this is not an excellent candidate. His tenure on the Forum
Oversight Committee was, IMO, problematic at best. This is a Goitchberg
& Co. insider we do not need on the board.
Old November 17th 10, 09:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 16, 9:52 am, *wrote:
[...]

For a change Mr. Lafferty is right on target.

Allen Priest is a Goichberg toady and sycopant. We already have
enough. We do not need more of them on the board.

Old November 17th 10, 09:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Randy Bauer
wrote:

Sam Sloan, as pretty much always is the case, gets the basic facts
wrong wrong wrong.

I did NOT vote to move to Crossville. Ask Don Schultz - I was one
of three votes to delay the vote to make a decision on Crossville.
Listen to the tape - I did not speak in favor of making a decision at
that point. I also abstained when the actual vote for the move was
made.

The votes in favor were Marinello, Shaughnessy, Shutt and Hanke.

Once again, Sam Sloan gets basic facts wrong. It's about as
consistent as the return of a certain comet.

Randy Bauer

This part is true, but once that initial vote was taken (and your side
lost) you got with the program and became the strongest advocate for
moving to Crossville.

Just go back and look at your postings about how much money the USCF
was going to "save" by moving to Crossville because of reduced
operating expenses. You said that we would get the money back in no
time.

Remember that it was not until late July 2005 after you had lost the
election and your term in office was up in one more week that the move
to Crossville was finalized and the USCF was "locked in" to the deal.

Why are you now reluctant to take the full credit that you deserve for
masterminding the move to Crossville?

Old November 17th 10, 09:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 17, 9:18*am, samsloan wrote:

My vote will be going to

Old November 17th 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On 11/17/2010 4:36 AM, Offramp wrote:
On Nov 17, 9:18 am, wrote:

My vote will be going to

Sam Sloan

If I have to choose between Priest and Sloan, I won't vote AP.