Old November 17th 10, 04:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Banned

Default Rybka [5 sec] vs GetClub Normal Level [4 min]

Lets have a new Match between Rybka and GetClub.

It will be a historic match as people will see how GetClub Normal
Level defended against Rybka.

Instead of getting knights odds. GetClub will think 50 times longer.

Anyone having Rybka can start the game.

White: GetClub Normal Level [3 min/move]
Black Rybka/ Fritz [5 sec]

GetClub Played: [Opening] First 4 will be opening moves.

1. e4

Waiting for Rybkas move.

Or we can Just start a game out of Opening.

1. d4 d5 2. f4 Nf6 3. e3 e6 4. Nf3 c5 5. c3

Now, Its Rybkas move.

If the game is equal we can start from this point.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 17th 10, 05:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (17:41) schrieb:

Lets have a new Match between Rybka and GetClub.

It's getting boring. But if Stockfish is okay, I take it.

Anyone having Rybka can start the game.

White: GetClub Normal Level [3 min/move]
Black Rybka/ Fritz [5 sec]

That means 200s for 40 moves? Or 5s for each ply or 0 +5s for every
move?

GetClub Played: [Opening] First 4 will be opening moves.

Or we can Just start a game out of Opening.

1. d4 d5 2. f4 Nf6 3. e3 e6 4. Nf3 c5 5. c3

Now, Its Rybkas move.

SF would reply Bd6.

mfg, simon .... l
Old November 17th 10, 09:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 17, 4:41*pm, Sanny wrote:

Lets have a new Match between Rybka and GetClub.

What was the result of the last one?
Old November 17th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 17, 11:41*am, Sanny wrote:

Lets have a new Match between Rybka and GetClub.

Let's not, and pretend GetClub never existed.
Old November 18th 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 17, 1:47*pm, Offramp wrote:
On Nov 17, 4:41*pm, Sanny wrote:

Lets have a new Match between Rybka and GetClub.

What was the result of the last one?

Funny you should ask. In the first one, GetCrap made several bad moves
within the first 20 moves or so, and various people here (myself
included) made the mistake of pointing them out. Sanny then took the
liberty of taking back several moves on at least two occasions I can
recall. The game was never completed because Sanny all of a sudden
abandoned the game and tried to start a new thread similar to the
first one (and this one). Thankfully there were no takers and
hopefully there won't be any this time.

jm

Old November 18th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 17, 4:41*pm, Sanny wrote:

Lets have a new Match between Rybka and GetClub.

What was the result of the last one?

Funny you should ask. In the first one, GetCrap made several bad moves
within the first 20 moves or so, and various people here (myself
included) made the mistake of pointing them out. Sanny then took the
liberty of taking back several moves on at least two occasions I can
recall. The game was never completed because Sanny all of a sudden
abandoned the game and tried to start a new thread similar to the
first one (and this one). Thankfully there were no takers and
hopefully there won't be any this time.

Oh, come on. Adjust your scorefile if you don't like it.

mfg, simon .... l
Old November 18th 10, 07:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Banned

Lets have a new Match between Rybka and GetClub.

It's getting boring. But if Stockfish is okay, I take it.

I think Stockfish plays nearly as good as Rybka. Have you designed the
Stockfish program?

Anyone having Rybka can start the game.

White: GetClub Normal Level [3 min/move]
Black Rybka/ Fritz [5 sec]

That means 200s for 40 moves? Or 5s for each ply or 0 +5s for every
move?

Yes Exactly

GetClub Played: [Opening] First 4 will be opening moves.
Or we can Just start a game out of Opening.

1. d4 d5 2. f4 Nf6 3. e3 e6 4. Nf3 c5 5. c3

Now, Its Rybkas move.

SF would reply Bd6.

GetClub Played: 6. B-b5+ [Bishop from f1 to b5 giving Check]

GetClub Time: 1900 sec
GetClub Depth: 15
GetClub Sco 0.21 [slight advantage to GetClub]

Opening: Stonewall attack. First 5 moves were played by GetClub from
Opening Book.

White: GetClub Normal Level [3-4 min/move]
Black Stockfish 5 sec/ move

1. d4 d5
2. f4 Nf6
3. e3 e6
4. Nf3 c5
5. c3 Bd6
6. Bb5+

I hope the game is equal at the moment. Whats the score by stockfish
and other programs?

I read somewhere rating of stockfish is 3100+ is it true?

Bye
Sanny

GetClub Gives huge prizes.

Defeat Baby Level get $1.00 per game
Defeat Beginner Level get $2.00 per game
Defeat Easy Level get $5.00 per game
Defeat Normal Level get $10.00 per game

Just record the game while playing to get the Prizes.

Old November 18th 10, 11:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (08:47) schrieb:

I think Stockfish plays nearly as good as Rybka. Have you designed the
Stockfish program?

No.

That means 200s for 40 moves? Or 5s for each ply or 0 +5s for every
move?

Yes Exactly

Strange answer to an or-question with 3 alternatives, I take it as +5s.

GetClub Played: 6. B-b5+ [Bishop from f1 to b5 giving Check]

GetClub Sco 0.21 [slight advantage to GetClub]

SF answers Bd7, depth 14, eval +0.64.

White: GetClub Normal Level [3-4 min/move]
Black Stockfish 5 sec/ move

1. d4 d5
2. f4 Nf6
3. e3 e6
4. Nf3 c5
5. c3 Bd6

6. Bb5+ Bd7

I read somewhere rating of stockfish is 3100+ is it true?

I don't know. Certainly not on my old P4 box.

mfg, simon .... l
Old November 18th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer
Banned

That means 200s for 40 moves? Or 5s for each ply or 0 +5s for every
move?

Yes Exactly

Strange answer to an or-question with 3 alternatives, I take it as +5s.

I think you have to take 5 sec for each move. Just after 5 sec ask the
program to play its best alternative.

2nd and 3rd option looks like the same. And if we follow Third option
the First Option is resulted automatically.

You can choose any of the three options with not much difference in
strength.

However I have no control over how much time GetClub will take. Normal
Level takes different time in different positions. Roughly with 3-4
min average.

* 6. Bb5+ Bd7

GetClub Played: 7. dxc5 [Pawn at d4 took your pawn at c5]

GetClub Time: 400 sec
GetClub Depth: 14
GetClub Sco 0.85 [slight advantage to GetClub]

Opening: Stonewall attack. First 5 moves were played by GetClub from
Opening Book.

White: GetClub Normal Level [3-4 min/move]
Black Stockfish 5 sec/ move

1. d4 d5
2. f4 Nf6
3. e3 e6
4. Nf3 c5
5. c3 Bd6
6. Bb5+ Bd7
7. dxc5

Looks like the Bishops will be exchanged. Was that a good move by
GetClub?

Old November 18th 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (19:29) schrieb:

6. Bb5+ Bd7

GetClub Played: 7. dxc5 [Pawn at d4 took your pawn at c5]

GetClub Time: 400 sec
GetClub Depth: 14
GetClub Sco 0.85 [slight advantage to GetClub]

SF answers Bxc5. Eval is +1.21.

White: GetClub Normal Level [3-4 min/move]
Black Stockfish 5 sec/ move

1. d4 d5
2. f4 Nf6
3. e3 e6
4. Nf3 c5
5. c3 Bd6
6. Bb5+ Bd7

7. dxc5 Bxc5

Looks like the Bishops will be exchanged.

SF doesn't think so.

Was that a good move by GetClub?

Judging by SF's increase in evaluation score, no.

mfg, simon .... l