Old December 14th 10, 01:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

Default USCF Rulebook Controversy: Will it be revised and updated?

On Dec 14, 7:58*am, BLafferty wrote:
On 12/13/2010 4:41 PM, samsloan wrote: On Dec 13, 10:57 am, *wrote:

A copy of the contract needs to be produced and examined.

You still don't know much about the USCF did you?

The first thing I did when I got on the board in August 2006 was ask
for copies of all of these contacts to be produced.

The reply was that they could not be found.

Sam Sloan

Actually, I am aware of that excuse. However, all the ED need do is ask
the publisher for the contract. *If they can't produce it, I'd do
whatever is in the best interests of the USCF for republishing.

That is what you would do.

What they do is something else.

This has been going on for a long time at the USCF. Do you really
expect them to change?

Old December 14th 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On 12/14/2010 8:31 AM, samsloan wrote:
On Dec 14, 7:58 am, wrote:
On 12/13/2010 4:41 PM, samsloan wrote: On Dec 13, 10:57 am, wrote:

A copy of the contract needs to be produced and examined.

You still don't know much about the USCF did you?

The first thing I did when I got on the board in August 2006 was ask
for copies of all of these contacts to be produced.

The reply was that they could not be found.

Sam Sloan

Actually, I am aware of that excuse. However, all the ED need do is ask
the publisher for the contract. If they can't produce it, I'd do
whatever is in the best interests of the USCF for republishing.

That is what you would do.

What they do is something else.

This has been going on for a long time at the USCF. Do you really
expect them to change?

Sam Sloan

I expect the ED to ascertain the existence of a contract. If the
publisher can't produce it, it doesn't exist.
Old December 14th 10, 05:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:43:38 -0500, BLafferty wrote:

I expect the ED to ascertain the existence of a contract. If the
publisher can't produce it, it doesn't exist.

You can bet the mortgage on that.
Old December 14th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 14, 7:58 am, *wrote:
[...]

You can expect the ED to do a lot of things. But, if the ED does not
do them what do you propose to do about it?
Run for election?
You can be sure that the ED will do it if the Big Man at the Top
tells him to.
Otherwise, forget about it.
Old December 15th 10, 05:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer

On Dec 14, 7:58 am, wrote:
[...]

In this instance, if the ED doesn't do anything about it, I plan to do
absolutely nothing. In fact, if the ED DOES do something about it, I
plan to do absolutely nothing.